Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Help me choose! Musketeer or Witchdoctor?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 07, 2016
Well, I cannot decide between and . I hate melee combat and mastered positioning in backline, so I don't want , or .
I want the harder one so I can do better when I master it.
I will also solo. (Probably entire game)
I did researches but I still cannot decide.
Which one, or ?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ornekexample on Feb 6, 2018 wrote:
Well, I cannot decide between and . I hate melee combat and mastered positioning in backline, so I don't want , or .
Which one, or ?
If you have room in your character slots, why not both? But you claim to want a challenge so I would go with .

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Which one, or ?
You say you hate melee combat, so I would say that you would hate Swashbuckling. Go with Musketeer.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Which one, or ?
I agree with Anecorbie, you want a challenge so go with Witchdoctor.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2016
anecorbie on Feb 7, 2018 wrote:
If you have room in your character slots, why not both? But you claim to want a challenge so I would go with .
Thanks for the help. I tried and really liked it. I also tried but it was long ago, I don't remember my experiences and impressions about . I guess I will go now. Thanks again!

Just a note, I don't exactly want a challenge, The thing that I meant by hard: I want higher mechanics, but I don't want soloing to be hard. But that won't change my decision. (that witch will be my first max if I don't change my mind again)

Ensign
Jul 20, 2011
I know this was posted more than a month ago, but why not try to help.

If your going , then you'll have more advantages at the beginning of the game. It mostly relies on your powers and companions. The starting-game powers are good, but the starting companion, Wing Chun, is better at the beginning due to him getting Rouse at level 13, which can help you out, especially if your going to use the stabby shooty or some other hybrid weapon for melee attack.
Musketeers rely on long-range attack and/or defense. I mostly boost up my stats the 1st round, then attack the next. However, you could place up barricades or something similar to block enemy attacks. Make sure to use and have lots of musketeer companions, and boost them to the max level once you finally get end-game.

If your going , then you'll have more advantages later in the game. Sure, the powers when starting out are decent, but from summoning henchmen (since i only maxed out a musk) I saw that there was a lot of advantages with the powers there that can quickly do a lot of damage and stuff. So basically, rely on powers.
As for fighting techniques, try to do the same as I said for Musks and use a power that will boost up your stats at the first round so you can do a lot of damage the next.

Personally, both are great. Pick which one you like. Musks use guns (called spark shooters), while Witchdoctors use spells and stuff.

Hope I helped!

Ensign
Feb 12, 2018
WitchDoctor they are really good.

Jack level 70

Ensign
Mar 16, 2018
Which one, or ?
I say go witchdoctor because witchdoctors have longer range than musketeers but are more fragile up close