Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Upcoming Cat Beard Promotion!?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 21, 2013
I believe that in the future we will receive yet another Cat Beard promotion, most likely being a pay gold quest at the Tavern Cellar. Now, as without evidence this is just a wild guess, however I do have some information that makes this seem likely.

To start it off, most major companions receive two or three promotions throughout the game. Cat Beard isn't exactly a major companion, ( he is important in Aquila I believe but that is it, ) however in his second promotion he gets a Mega Hit. All the companions in this game that start with some form of a critical hit ability; whether it be a epic, mega, or super, improve during promotions. The starter companions go from epic, to mega, and to super. Cat Beard went from epic to mega.

If Cat Beard is promoted again, he will likely be called: 'Cat Beard: Cat Admiral.' I am assuming he would look something like Rat Beard's final promotion ( a captains uniform with a feathered hat and a very fine sword. ) I also assume this would come with a choice of a new epic talent and a super hit ability.

Let me know what you think about this topic. As always see you in the spiral!

Fiery Orion Ironside - 70
Fiery Orion Ironside - 16

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
if we do get another update i hope that this is included. but not all major companions get two promos. our class companions have little story line dialog and yet they get two promos while at same time el Toro *music plays* is major in nearly every world from Cool Ranch onward and yet he only gets one promo. but if Catbeard did get a promo it probably would be a pay gold quest. as for the design, i could see that. and he would also have a fine china bowl of fish as opposed to a plate or a basket.