Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I've Officially Lost My Mind!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 21, 2013
Yep. You heard me. So, recently, I decided to start participating in ranked player vs player. I realized I can't to player vs player without the proper gear! So I did some research and started farming.

First thing on the list was the Boots of Faunnus. After about 15 runs of that I gave up and went to farm for the Tantojutsu Headband. And that's where it went downhill. I spent 1 hour and 48 minutes farming Friar Sand, the only possible way to get the legendary hat. And what do you know, 54 runs of agony later I still didn't get the hat.

Halp meh.

What makes this even more frustrating is the fact that the game cheated to make the runs longer. I went 5 games in a row without relentless triggering. My 184 dodge stopped working. Blade storm kept on targeting the wrong enemy. It was just a mess.

At this point I would literally spend $1,000,000 just to get my hands on that hat and end my suffering. Why can't there be an easier way?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The Weather Man on Feb 2, 2018 wrote:
Yep. You heard me. So, recently, I decided to start participating in ranked player vs player. I realized I can't to player vs player without the proper gear! So I did some research and started farming.

First thing on the list was the Boots of Faunnus. After about 15 runs of that I gave up and went to farm for the Tantojutsu Headband. And that's where it went downhill. I spent 1 hour and 48 minutes farming Friar Sand, the only possible way to get the legendary hat. And what do you know, 54 runs of agony later I still didn't get the hat.

Halp meh.

What makes this even more frustrating is the fact that the game cheated to make the runs longer. I went 5 games in a row without relentless triggering. My 184 dodge stopped working. Blade storm kept on targeting the wrong enemy. It was just a mess.

At this point I would literally spend $1,000,000 just to get my hands on that hat and end my suffering. Why can't there be an easier way?
There is an easier way. Stop stressing about particular pieces of gear and find an easier to obtain alternative by trying something new? That being said, if you must farm - farm smarter.

If you are looking for a particular power, many items may provide that power, or similar powers. Are you farming with a buddy? Try finding someone else who is considering farming the same places as you, maybe try using Team Up. Any group plunder chests that appear may increase your odds of success. Put some companions onto Scavenging, since the Shoes of Faunus have been reported as received through that method. The companions have to be between Level 45 and 49 to receive them, so it may or may not worth with your available characters.

Good Luck!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I wanted to add the following link to the Provides Ability gear table in the Pirate101 Central wiki:

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Basic:ProvidesAbility_Table#tab=Swashbuckler

There are several boots and hats for Swashbucklers that provide the Valor's Fortress you appear to be looking for. Expand each level group and look for your options.

Petty Officer
Jul 21, 2013
The majority of you reading this are probably like: "hes over reacting!" Well, this morning I did some more runs. Now I am up to a total of 5 hours and 34 minutes and 97 runs. And, r.i.p, still no hat.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Halp meh.

It is a rare chance but you can get the Shoes of Faunus through Scavengin', that's how I got mine.
Ack! I know the agony of fruitless farming too, too well.
Good Luck to ye!

Petty Officer
Jul 21, 2013
I really want to throw my computer out the window and stop playing this game forever and refund all my money. This is torture. Run #113 completed and still nothing. What makes me even more mad is the fact that my friend has gotten the Hat and Boots from this guy in not even half the number of runs I have done. I have gotten so many useless items for other classes. I'm just done. If I don't get this dumb hat in the next 10 runs I will quit this game.

Petty Officer
Jul 21, 2013
Welp, I spent another day farming still nothing. Tomorrow will be the start of run 165.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
I'm not really a ranked PvP person, but feel free to take a break from farming if you're getting too stressed. Even them, you'll get it eventually, considering your commitment. Good luck!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
I really want to throw my computer out the window and stop playing this game forever and refund all my money. This is torture. Run #113 completed and still nothing. What makes me even more mad is the fact that my friend has gotten the Hat and Boots from this guy in not even half the number of runs I have done. I have gotten so many useless items for other classes. I'm just done. If I don't get this dumb hat in the next 10 runs I will quit this game.
Please don't quit this game just because you didn't get a Hat. Please stay with us. Farm or not, this is an awesome game. Breaks are fine, but please don't quit.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
i had a friend who went mad trying to farm for blood jacket. take a break every now and then.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I am by no means a framing expert; however I have had a lot of luck with farming. When I say luck I mean persistence. If you know an item drops from a specific boss (because you checked the wiki). Then remember a motto I like to tell myself, "It has to drop eventually". On the harder drops i set a goal each day. I will farm him 20 times today. I do not know the exact drop percent but I have to say that I think most items are about a 1% drop chance. I have been lucky and got drops first run and I have had to spend 6 months of doing 5 runs a day on the ophidian palace to get the sword. Farming is all about consistent persistence. But there is great joy when you get what youve been working for.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
i dont know if this will help at all but try looking into increasing your luck. change your flag to your lucky colors, decorate your home/dorm with a Feng Shui guide, see if it helps at all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the minutemen on Feb 7, 2018 wrote:
i dont know if this will help at all but try looking into increasing your luck. change your flag to your lucky colors, decorate your home/dorm with a Feng Shui guide, see if it helps at all.
Myths and Superstitions are no help with the RNG; you might as well use the "Good Luck" emote for all the good it does ( zero ). You can't manipulate the drop table.

Petty Officer
May 25, 2012
Farming is frustrating, to be sure, if only because there's no instant gratification - unless you're really lucky. I agree with what the other folks here have said. I know that PvP is a whole different thing (and one I'm neither especially good at nor enjoy it all that often), but this game is supposed to be fun and shouldn't be causing you that much stress. Take a break and go polish off your quests, roll through a daily, or outfit a new ship. Also, in my opinion, if your PvP experience is going to be based so heavily on you having one particular piece of gear, then maybe take a break from that for a little bit too.