Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Complete Guide to Rooke and Bishop

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
Ahoy! I’m Reliable Billy Yellowfish , and I destroyed marleybone so I’ll be giving out a guide on how to beat Rooke. I’m currently working on my bucanneer so he can fight rooke, so I can’t really give much advice on that part...
Rooke: Rooke is a heavy tank that can carry out tons of damage if you don’t know what you’re doing. If you have any ranged companions or pirate musketeer friends, try and get them to put traps so he will walk into one. Use a swashbuckler companion with riposte and relentless to try and dish out some damage. The 2 main goals are to protect the admiral and kill rooke. You don’t need to worry too much on defending the admiral, his redcoats and dog people will heal him and stay next to him. If you’re really that worried, just place one of your companions next to him so he doesn’t die in a couple of turns. Killing Rooke is the main problem. It’s like the deacon fight, but a much larger space and rooke is tankier and can deal a lot of damage as a bucanneer. So try and weaken him down with your powerful attacks, and once he gets low just target him like crazy lel.

Bishop: Biahop is a mage that can be a menace to yourself, your companions, and your friends(if they are in the fight) if not dealt with correctly. Even though he might have a lot of health, just kill his armada troops that are bordering him since the goal is to kill all enemies. He’s a witchdoctor, so try and get a or any other companion or pirate that can drain health easily. He has a lot of health which can be depleted easily.

If I forgot anything, please be a good person and leave more tips so other people can look! XD

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SuperPirate893 on Feb 1, 2018 wrote:
Ahoy! I’m Reliable Billy Yellowfish , and I destroyed marleybone so I’ll be giving out a guide on how to beat Rooke. I’m currently working on my bucanneer so he can fight rooke, so I can’t really give much advice on that part...
Rooke: Rooke is a heavy tank that can carry out tons of damage if you don’t know what you’re doing. If you have any ranged companions or pirate musketeer friends, try and get them to put traps so he will walk into one. Use a swashbuckler companion with riposte and relentless to try and dish out some damage. The 2 main goals are to protect the admiral and kill rooke. You don’t need to worry too much on defending the admiral, his redcoats and dog people will heal him and stay next to him. If you’re really that worried, just place one of your companions next to him so he doesn’t die in a couple of turns. Killing Rooke is the main problem. It’s like the deacon fight, but a much larger space and rooke is tankier and can deal a lot of damage as a bucanneer. So try and weaken him down with your powerful attacks, and once he gets low just target him like crazy lel.

Bishop: Biahop is a mage that can be a menace to yourself, your companions, and your friends(if they are in the fight) if not dealt with correctly. Even though he might have a lot of health, just kill his armada troops that are bordering him since the goal is to kill all enemies. He’s a witchdoctor, so try and get a or any other companion or pirate that can drain health easily. He has a lot of health which can be depleted easily.

If I forgot anything, please be a good person and leave more tips so other people can look! XD
With Rooke, it is important to know that he has defenses against Witch Spells ( I can't remember what that one is called, but it's nasty ) and Shooters ( Rookechette ) He also has a "push back" defense against melee attacks.
Don't directly attack Rooke with guns or spells. Musketeers are best at dropping bombs or traps.
Witchdoctors should confine themselves to summons or attacking Rooke's troops to take the heat off other companions or team mates.
Melee units can attack Rooke as long as they can get to a spot where his push back has no effect. Get between him and another unit or obstacle.
Swashbucklers can best attack Rooke while in Black Fog.
In all cases the best companions for this battle should be melee units as they have the best chance to take Rooke down.
Bishop is a whole different kettle of fish; he has every defense against WD. Intuition, Witchhunter, mojo echo and a lesser type of "Sacrifice" ( Leech ) that allows him to drain health from his units.
I suggest that WD pirates do not take other witch companions into this battle, use musketeer or melee units, also concentrate on buffing those units and summoning.

Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
anecorbie on Feb 1, 2018 wrote:
With Rooke, it is important to know that he has defenses against Witch Spells ( I can't remember what that one is called, but it's nasty ) and Shooters ( Rookechette ) He also has a "push back" defense against melee attacks.
Don't directly attack Rooke with guns or spells. Musketeers are best at dropping bombs or traps.
Witchdoctors should confine themselves to summons or attacking Rooke's troops to take the heat off other companions or team mates.
Melee units can attack Rooke as long as they can get to a spot where his push back has no effect. Get between him and another unit or obstacle.
In all cases the best companions for this battle should be melee units as they have the best chance to take Rooke down.
Bishop is a whole different kettle of fish; he has every defense against WD. Intuition, Witchhunter, mojo echo and a lesser type of "Sacrifice" ( Leech ) that allows him to drain health from his units.
I suggest that WD pirates do not take other witch companions into this battle, use musketeer or melee units, also concentrate on buffing those units and summoning.
o i didnt know the purple one was WD. i thought it was swash.

Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
anecorbie on Feb 1, 2018 wrote:
Yea richochet. Is WD? I meant for it to be swash lel

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SuperPirate893 on Feb 2, 2018 wrote:
Yea richochet. Is WD? I meant for it to be swash lel
The Rookechet is for Musketeers Rooke also has a defense against witchdoctors .