Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - Best of the Best

AuthorMessage
Pirate friends! After a long winter's nap, we're back and it's time to celebrate the first Friday of the year!

Let’s continue the “best of” 2017 theme but open it up to anything. My question for you is this - what is your ONE favorite thing that happened in Pirate101 last year? Ship PVP? Auto-companion? More holiday decorations? We’re excited to see what you think!

I hope you and your families has a wonderful and warm holiday, and we’re excited to be back and plotting and scheming about what's next!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Professor Falmea on Jan 5, 2018 wrote:
Pirate friends! After a long winter's nap, we're back and it's time to celebrate the first Friday of the year!

Let’s continue the “best of” 2017 theme but open it up to anything. My question for you is this - what is your ONE favorite thing that happened in Pirate101 last year? Ship PVP? Auto-companion? More holiday decorations? We’re excited to see what you think!

I hope you and your families has a wonderful and warm holiday, and we’re excited to be back and plotting and scheming about what's next!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
It's difficult to nail down a single favorite thing of 2017. Many player's requests were answered by adding a Team-Up Ledger ( the badge was pretty nifty, too ), Ship PVP was also asked for by many, despite it's rocky start, it has great potential to become a staple for players.
The Gingerbread Raiders brought a nice way to pass the time and the gingerbread weapons & doubloons were funny, I enjoyed this very much.
The best thing for me was the "Spirits" Pack; finally getting a companion similar to the Cat Pirate, which everybody wanted; and still KI kept their word to the players who bought the Boochbeard Bundle, very nicely done! ( Of course, I bought one at once! )
I wonder what will be coming to P101 this year, Falmea? Perhaps you can give us a hint in the next Falmea Friday?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
My favorite thing from 2017 is the Party Barge - it has such great potential, though it is getting repetitious. Second is the new Yuletide companion set. I love companions.

Ship PvP leaves a lot to be desired if you play solo and don't have friends to form a gang with. Entering the canyon only to be instantly sunk gets old pretty quick.

Automated companions was a neat idea, but if you are paying attention and giving your whole team assignments every turn, it's an invisible thing.

Holiday decorations would have been MORE fun in a new pack, with some new holiday companions and pets.

Personally, I'd like to see you guys change up the gift boxes and stuff, rather than continue with the same-old, same-old. Throw in the occasional mega snack?

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

My favorite thing is probably the Party Room (not the Party Barge; the Party Room). It's awesome that you get to meet up with friends, hold... Well, parties - and even collect the Treasure Chests that pop up. However, every single update KingsIsle has done this Holiday season is well deserving of all our thanks.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010

Thee Party Berge Quests be me Favorite!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
- Deadeye Edward Morgan
- Deadeye Tatiana Morgan

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
I am a companion collector so the new yuletide companion set had to be my favorite. They are a nice breath of fresh air.

Thank you for your feedback Pirates! We'll definitely make sure we keep that in mind when we consider 2018's updates. I'll let you know that we definitely have more planned for Ship PVP that will give you options for it to be a little less like the Wild, Wild West. ::grin::

With that, let's continue with a “pie in the sky” question. What would you would add to or change about Pirate101 if you could snap your fingers and make it happen? We're looking forward to your responses!

I hope you have a great Friday and a superb weekend!

Ensign
Mar 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Jan 12, 2018 wrote:
Thank you for your feedback Pirates! We'll definitely make sure we keep that in mind when we consider 2018's updates. I'll let you know that we definitely have more planned for Ship PVP that will give you options for it to be a little less like the Wild, Wild West. ::grin::

With that, let's continue with a “pie in the sky” question. What would you would add to or change about Pirate101 if you could snap your fingers and make it happen? We're looking forward to your responses!

I'd add Polaris and go for the Second Arc Launch. Or Add Crafting system. Pirate101 is turning 6 years old this year and unfortunately the game is lacking such a main system that should have been added years ago. Crafting. I'd also add the neat Backpack Space Elixir you guys added in wizard101 (I'm a crown player in Pirate so don't mind me). Also Member Benefits and Music Player. Our houses are dead with no music. Can you believe it?

I'd add more newer ranked PvP Weapons more than the new pvp pets honestly. Ranked PvP is still alive and people are looking forward to see new powers in new weapons to go for and buy. Adding a Ranked PvP Spectator system or the ability to teleport and see a Friend in their Ranked PvP Match would be great. Or adding a Tournaments system where players compete for huge loads amount of scrip from 1st Place to 20th place.

I'd add a new farming long dungeon (Tower of Moo Manchu now is boring and already got old)

As for things to change, I'd fix the Cabin Glitch bug, Remove the Ship PvP Damage Boost in the High Noon Canyon. And add a mount dying system to make some mounts dyable please.

So many ideas to implement that is possible to happen in 2018 in 4 updates. But if only it is possible for Pirate101 to get back to these old great days of 4 updates per year.

Thanks for listening, Professor Falmea and Have a great weekend.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

Crafting.

Ensign
Mar 06, 2010

My bad, I also forgot to add the most important ability We've been all asking for, Backpack Item Lock and Pet feeding. It's really upsetting to delete an item on accident because there's no Backpack Item Lock.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016

I'd add player animation criticals. As in different ones for epic hit, mega hits and super hits. Like some companions have. It kinda gets old with the same critical animations every time you crit

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jan 13, 2018 wrote:
Crafting.
You know what? I'm going to change that and say a new Bundle.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
Having an update to the story would be the most important addition that we could have

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
John The Pirate on Jan 13, 2018 wrote:
My bad, I also forgot to add the most important ability We've been all asking for, Backpack Item Lock and Pet feeding. It's really upsetting to delete an item on accident because there's no Backpack Item Lock.
Also making sets of outfits would be nice.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012

A side system that allows players to create content for other players (sorta like the Castle Tours in Wizard101). Official updates in Pirate101 are far and few between compared to Wizard101. A system that allows players to create content for others will fill that gap.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013

A Falmea Friday on a Saturday? It's not coming up for me on the main boards I don't know why. Personally, I wish these 2 player board games were added to Pirate 101: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-...3fe6f89?page=1. I also wish they improved the party room treasure chests: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-...64a6b19?page=1. Oh yeah, and added more hybrid pets: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/circ...cbc7b40?page=1, as well as added a life fountain to Bestia. I would also like to see chat channels brought over from wiz.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008

• Item locking (for pirate, ship equipment, housing?)
  • quest finder
  • crafting?
  • more reasons to fight... (i liked the dreadnaught, smuggler's arena. maybe more stitches to farm for like the recent cookie weapons, and maybe more holiday-based ships with stitchable holiday weapons/equipment)
  • ship equipment stitching?
  • events similar to wiz's lost pages, fix boxes etc.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Another idea I just had -- let us sell Doubloons in the Bazaar, or at a vendor -- so many doubloons are just sitting when they could be used by other pirates.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Equipment set bonuses. Collecting unique looking gear from bosses is already a goal by some players. Why not reward them with extra perks for collecting (and equipping) the whole set? This could be a few extra stat increases or whole new powers/talents.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
If I could snap my fingers and make it happen.....Pirate101 would already be on Steam.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 14, 2018 wrote:
A Falmea Friday on a Saturday? It's not coming up for me on the main boards I don't know why. Personally, I wish these 2 player board games were added to Pirate 101: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-...3fe6f89?page=1. I also wish they improved the party room treasure chests: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-...64a6b19?page=1. Oh yeah, and added more hybrid pets: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/circ...cbc7b40?page=1, as well as added a life fountain to Bestia. I would also like to see chat channels brought over from wiz.
I think the Bestia Life Fountain should be based where the Chicken shaped bush is currently in Bestia. Yum Yum fruit both blue and red should be added as well. It would help having a Life Fountain in Bestia as it takes 2 loading screens to get to the Pet PVP and 2 loading screens to get back to Avery's Court. I want the ability to heal while in Bestia and the Chicken shaped bush isn't doing anything to help us.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013

I’d start with some quality of life stuff, item lock, level 70 bundle tiers and holiday ships, ship equipment stitching, and to add to that make Valencia ship gear dyeable since they can’t be for some reason, maybe a new promotion for the tribal pack companions so they are a bit more useful, and of course a way to mass delete useless doubloons cluttering my doubloon bar (Which is several years overdue at this point)

After all that I’d probably add a new major gauntlet, like Tower of Moo Manchu sized featuring some other angry guy we defeated before who holds a grudge, there’s a lot of options in that category.
Then crafting, I just wanna craft some stuff.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016

Oh and rank PvP spectator option would be magnificent.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 16, 2018 wrote:
I think the Bestia Life Fountain should be based where the Chicken shaped bush is currently in Bestia. Yum Yum fruit both blue and red should be added as well. It would help having a Life Fountain in Bestia as it takes 2 loading screens to get to the Pet PVP and 2 loading screens to get back to Avery's Court. I want the ability to heal while in Bestia and the Chicken shaped bush isn't doing anything to help us.
I wouldn't want a Life Fountain in Bestia, to return to Skull Island, I just click the icon for it, one loading screen. But, I agree that healing while in that area would be greatly appreciated -- just like we should heal at our homes while decorating, etc.