Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

So how exactly do you activate Soul Harvest?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 10, 2009
"Capture defeated souls" doesn't really elaborate what this is meant to do or how to trigger it. How I've seen the enemy use it is that they defeat something and then they summon a minion as a reward for their defeat. That's how it's SUPPOSED to work, however this item seems to be completely broken when I use it.

As a melee fighter whenever I defeat an enemy it doesn't activate, even when using a "basic attack", it just never happens. I've never managed to get this ability to work once, and I've already gotten two of the masques and right now they're as useful as having an empty accessory slot. Do you have to be a Witchdoctor to get this to work?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Xtreamjason on Dec 16, 2017 wrote:
"Capture defeated souls" doesn't really elaborate what this is meant to do or how to trigger it. How I've seen the enemy use it is that they defeat something and then they summon a minion as a reward for their defeat. That's how it's SUPPOSED to work, however this item seems to be completely broken when I use it.

As a melee fighter whenever I defeat an enemy it doesn't activate, even when using a "basic attack", it just never happens. I've never managed to get this ability to work once, and I've already gotten two of the masques and right now they're as useful as having an empty accessory slot. Do you have to be a Witchdoctor to get this to work?
It requires you to defeat an enemy with a staffy weapon & a Witchdoctor spell. It really isn't useful for a melee fighter, pass it through the shared bank to your WD or ( if you don't have one, make one ), or sell it.
For those using the Baron Samedi Banner, this item must be placed in enemy territory before activating.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
great question great answer.. wish it could be adjusted now i think of it, it does seem a bit unfair then only witches or staffy trained types get to use it..

stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Dec 18, 2017 wrote:
great question great answer.. wish it could be adjusted now i think of it, it does seem a bit unfair then only witches or staffy trained types get to use it..

stormy jen silver
A melee could use it by equipping a staffy combo and training WD talents or getting them through gear. This is not the only accessory better suited to WD or Privy - the Masque of the Lotus is geared to work from your Will stat.
But there is plenty of gear suited to melee through out the game, these are just exceptions.