Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Open Chat button?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 27, 2014
the holder of this account recently turned 18, and he recently brought membership, but cannot turn on open chat for some reason, because he cant find the button in the parental controls tab. is there something wrong?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Sammy Mickles on Dec 14, 2017 wrote:
the holder of this account recently turned 18, and he recently brought membership, but cannot turn on open chat for some reason, because he cant find the button in the parental controls tab. is there something wrong?
I'm not positive, but I believe you need a credit card on file. I could very well be wrong, though.

Ensign
Jul 29, 2013
Sammy Mickles on Dec 14, 2017 wrote:
I have the same issue , is there any solution to this.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Well I am pretty sure you have to have made at least one purchase with a creditcard to have open chat. If you have done this then I heard one time in passing that the actual age they give open is when a player turns 19(though I can not confirm this).

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Send an email to support@pirate101.com explaining the problem and see if they have a solution. Or o thru the Help menu above and the Contact Support selection.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
This is something that has happened to me before. The solution is that A) you need to get a credit card on file and B) purchase something with that credit card after the account has reached the age (at least $6 worth of Crowns if I remember correctly). Apparently it doesn't count if you bought Member/Crowns before the date even if the credit card is registered into the system, which is why I had that problem. I waited for a bit (about a month or so) before I tried again and it worked.

If it doesn't work try to contact support. Maybe they will help identify the problem if the above doesn't work.

Ensign
Jan 27, 2014
Avery Court Grace on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
Well I am pretty sure you have to have made at least one purchase with a creditcard to have open chat. If you have done this then I heard one time in passing that the actual age they give open is when a player turns 19(though I can not confirm this).
i did have a creditcard on file, also i heard it was actually 18 by some other post by an admin.