Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How To Launch Ki After Dark

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
A while back, I suggested that Ki launch a new web show called "Ki After Dark". I thought I could talk about how to launch Ki After Dark and other cool stuff.

So what is Ki After Dark? Ki After Dark will be a new live web show, it will air on Friday nights between 7 PM and 10 PM CST. Ki After Dark will show 4 pirates playing Pirate 101 and 4 wizards playing Wizard 101 in real time. So how could Ki broadcast this? Ki already has access to everyone's accounts, they simply would code in a feature that shows the "camera" of your pirate(or wizard) as you see it(without private chat). At the same time Ki launched this they could also launch dungeon viewing and ranked PVP match viewing, chat might have to be banned for those though. Ki After Dark would have 1 or 2 commentators that commented on what was going on. My idea is for Ki to green light "Ki After Dark" for season 1 to air on Friday nights in Summer 2018. Ki After Dark would premiere on Ki's twitch channel Friday June 1 2018 and run through Friday August 31 2018, a total of 14 episodes.

I also think Ki Live could be on Friday for those 3 months and could repeat after Ki After Dark goes off.

So who would Ki After Dark follow? Ki After Dark would follow members, though the person could only have membership for only Pirate 101 or only Wizard 101. I would sign my max level privateer Two-Faced Dino Clegg to be followed on this show. The 4 pirates being followed that night would meet up in Avery Court at 6 PM CST and the 4 wizards being followed would meet up in The Commons at 6 PM CST. After Ki turned the feeds to them on the pirates and wizards could start doing stuff and whoever had the most action could be followed as soon as the show went live at 7:00 PM CST.
Ki would have the option of displaying public chat and group chat or not displaying it during the show. Private chat would not be displayed. Someone else besides Falmea and One-Eyed Jack would need to host Ki After Dark as they already host Ki Live.

This experiment would be so fun, I wish Ki would test it next summer.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 27, 2017 wrote:
A while back, I suggested that Ki launch a new web show called "Ki After Dark". I thought I could talk about how to launch Ki After Dark and other cool stuff.

So what is Ki After Dark? Ki After Dark will be a new live web show, it will air on Friday nights between 7 PM and 10 PM CST. Ki After Dark will show 4 pirates playing Pirate 101 and 4 wizards playing Wizard 101 in real time. So how could Ki broadcast this? Ki already has access to everyone's accounts, they simply would code in a feature that shows the "camera" of your pirate(or wizard) as you see it(without private chat). At the same time Ki launched this they could also launch dungeon viewing and ranked PVP match viewing, chat might have to be banned for those though. Ki After Dark would have 1 or 2 commentators that commented on what was going on. My idea is for Ki to green light "Ki After Dark" for season 1 to air on Friday nights in Summer 2018. Ki After Dark would premiere on Ki's twitch channel Friday June 1 2018 and run through Friday August 31 2018, a total of 14 episodes.

I also think Ki Live could be on Friday for those 3 months and could repeat after Ki After Dark goes off.

So who would Ki After Dark follow? Ki After Dark would follow members, though the person could only have membership for only Pirate 101 or only Wizard 101. I would sign my max level privateer Two-Faced Dino Clegg to be followed on this show. The 4 pirates being followed that night would meet up in Avery Court at 6 PM CST and the 4 wizards being followed would meet up in The Commons at 6 PM CST. After Ki turned the feeds to them on the pirates and wizards could start doing stuff and whoever had the most action could be followed as soon as the show went live at 7:00 PM CST.
Ki would have the option of displaying public chat and group chat or not displaying it during the show. Private chat would not be displayed. Someone else besides Falmea and One-Eyed Jack would need to host Ki After Dark as they already host Ki Live.

Great suggestions!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 27, 2017 wrote:

I want to bump this topic toward the top, and I want to add a little more to it. I still have hopes Ki will consider doing the Ki After Dark show next summer. I think Ki After Dark would be popular once people became aware of the program.

I got to thinking Ki might have a few concerns, as I thought of a few things that should be addressed, so I will do my best to address them.

1. So how many pirates/wizards does Ki need for Ki After Dark? Ki will need 5 pirates and 5 wizards, 4 of the pirates, and 4 of the wizards will be followed live, and it will rotate depending on who is available for that night. These pirates and wizards could also change each month.

2. Will KI After Dark need a control room? Probably, but all the control room will consist of is 3 computers. 1 divided into 4 windows showing the pirates, 1 divided into 4 windows showing the Wizards, and the other being used to send the live stream to the internet. The control room will also need a keypad that allows for switching between the different pirates and wizards, and a way to turn the chat on and off. I think 1 person, no more than 2, will be needed for the control room.

3. How will the cameras work? The cameras will be linked to each Pirate and Wizard and follow them where they go.

4. How will Ki obtain feeds from 4 pirates and 4 wizards live? This is tricky, the most likely scenario is Ki would link to the same screen they see as they play the games, and then broadcast that. Would this be 5 minutes behind, probably, but it is way better than nothing. Hopefully Ki can keep Ki After Dark no more than 5 minutes behind real time unless they are showing an earlier segment.

5. How will earlier segments work? Ki will follow all 5 pirates and all 5 wizards even when they are not live with them. During periods of inactivity, Ki will be able to play clips from earlier in the day or week.

I hope these questions and answers help.