Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ebon Head

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
A lot of people probably know about this glitch because they were unfornunate enough for it to happen to them. It's the glitch where Ebon's head appears in the hydra battle but you can't attack it because you killed more than one head in the round. I'm pretty sure this is a glitch and it's so annoying. Having to restart it because of this is so annoying. Even when being careful sometimes you just end up killing two heads.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
frostednutella on Nov 27, 2017 wrote:
A lot of people probably know about this glitch because they were unfornunate enough for it to happen to them. It's the glitch where Ebon's head appears in the hydra battle but you can't attack it because you killed more than one head in the round. I'm pretty sure this is a glitch and it's so annoying. Having to restart it because of this is so annoying. Even when being careful sometimes you just end up killing two heads.
I don't believe this glitch is caused by defeating 2 ( or more ) heads per round. I've been in Hydra battles where 3-4 heads were defeated and the glitch doesn't activate.
Finding the bug that causes the glitch is an on-going process, yes it's annoying, but KI allows players who are stuck on this quest to contact Support for help.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 27, 2017 wrote:
I don't believe this glitch is caused by defeating 2 ( or more ) heads per round. I've been in Hydra battles where 3-4 heads were defeated and the glitch doesn't activate.
Finding the bug that causes the glitch is an on-going process, yes it's annoying, but KI allows players who are stuck on this quest to contact Support for help.
The only times the glitch has ever occurred for me is because of defeating more than two heads per round by that I mean the original ones.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Some of my pirates have sailed through that fight without a glitch. Others have been hit by The Bug two or three times before the quest worked properly. With one pirate who met The Bug again and again and again and again, I did (on One-Eyed Jack's recommendation after a bit of a public rant) contact support and asked that my pirate be moved past the hydra fight in the main quest sequence, which they obligingly did. Jack suggested in the request that I note that it was a "known bug" (I think that just means they don't ask you to write up a detailed report about what happened). There is no pattern to when The Bug shows up. Which is probably why they have never been able to kill it.

You have my sympathy! Good luck.

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I've seen it supposed that the dealing damage of more than half of its health on the first hit is what causes the bug. Has this been disproved?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Willowydream, I cannot say with 100% certainty, but I am almost positive I have seen The Bug manifest when I have done less than half damage to the Ebon Head.

-Indigo