Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Class idea! The Vanguard

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 01, 2014
The vanguard, a powerful innovator who uses their own mind and sanity to annihilate their opponents

How to become a vanguard from the tutorial?
(pick class part)
How did you get arrested by the Armada?
>Plotting Revolution

Starter Companion: Okita Kai, a witch doctor (female, starts with readied spell as epic)

Starter ability: Twin Dragons (the user uses their imagination to create 2 dragons that circle around the user. When an enemy strikes the user, the dragons will fly towards the attacker and explode in a 1 tile radius, each dragon doing 0.75x weapon damage)

Level 5 ability: Energizing Blast (the user takes 40 of their own health to cast a powerful energy beam in a straight line, that can pierce multiple targets. Each enemy it hits, the user gains 25 health)

Level 5 companion (where we see ratbeard for the first time): Xabin, a musketeer who shoots his gun at close range, like Nausica (male, starts with stock assault as epic)

Any extra ideas, feedback, or suggestions? Feel free to send them at me!

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Alex Firepyre on Nov 23, 2017 wrote:
The vanguard, a powerful innovator who uses their own mind and sanity to annihilate their opponents

(pick class part)
>Plotting Revolution

Starter Companion: Okita Kai, a witch doctor (female, starts with readied spell as epic)

Starter ability: Twin Dragons (the user uses their imagination to create 2 dragons that circle around the user. When an enemy strikes the user, the dragons will fly towards the attacker and explode in a 1 tile radius, each dragon doing 0.75x weapon damage)

Level 5 ability: Energizing Blast (the user takes 40 of their own health to cast a powerful energy beam in a straight line, that can pierce multiple targets. Each enemy it hits, the user gains 25 health)

Level 5 companion (where we see ratbeard for the first time): Xabin, a musketeer who shoots his gun at close range, like Nausica (male, starts with stock assault as epic)

No, no, and no! There was a thread similar to this about adding a new class to Pirate101 and I am completely against this idea. I hope for everyone's sake that Kingsisle never adds in a new Pirate101 class because that'd be unfair to everyone out there. I, myself, have room for one more Pirate on my account, but the same can't be said for all the other Pirate101 players who have maxed out their account and don't have room to make another pirate. I don't mean to hate on your post, but all I'm saying is that Kingsisle needs to be fair to everyone when adding in a new class and some people cannot afford to delete a pirate because they have stuff that can't be traded via Shared Bank (Pack Companions, Bundle Companions, Staff of Power, just to name a few.) I'm gonna end the dispute of adding in a new class with a proposition. A good way to settle this "new class" dilemma would be for Kingsisle to add in a new TRAINER that teaches you new stuff. They added a Shadow Magic trainer and a Star, Moon, and Sun school trainer to Wizard101. They can add new trainers to Pirate101 if they wanted to. Also, off topic, but do have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 39 Musketeer-in-Training)
Merciless Toby Silver (Level 21 Buccaneer-in-Training)

Captain
Jun 10, 2013

(pick class part)
>Plotting Revolution

I do not like the idea of a new class for Pirate 101 without a new character slot as well(which Wizard 101 needs way worse). As stated a lot of people have 6 max level pirates they don't wish to delete. That said, if Ki ever does add a new class I hope they pick this idea as it sounds interesting.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Great idea!

What does Okita Kai look like? Is that a new race or a one from the worlds we have already visited?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

(pick class part)
>Plotting Revolution

You forgot to list how your parents died. I'm not thrilled by another "magic" class, also there is already the "Vanguard Squadron" of Armada ships in Valencia Pt.1.
When you chose how you were arrested by the Armada, that's when you get your class ( example "defending a friend's honor." makes you a swashbuckler. )
So, if you're serious about this idea ( and aren't put off by the negative reaction from other posters ), please remember the steps in character creation:
1. how your parents died. ( Presideo companion. )
2. Where were you raised. ( MooShu companion )
3. Why were you arrested by the Armada ( class choice ).
Please consider changing the name of this class.
What I like about your idea is that you've chosen a Witchdoctor starter companion. We're missing both WD and Musketeer companions from character generation.
I'm still against a sixth class, but if you could make something new and special, I'd like to see it.
Or, alternatively you might explore facets of our characters; such as our foster family - do we have adopted brothers & sisters?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Nov 23, 2017 wrote:
No, no, and no! There was a thread similar to this about adding a new class to Pirate101 and I am completely against this idea. I hope for everyone's sake that Kingsisle never adds in a new Pirate101 class because that'd be unfair to everyone out there. I, myself, have room for one more Pirate on my account, but the same can't be said for all the other Pirate101 players who have maxed out their account and don't have room to make another pirate. I don't mean to hate on your post, but all I'm saying is that Kingsisle needs to be fair to everyone when adding in a new class and some people cannot afford to delete a pirate because they have stuff that can't be traded via Shared Bank (Pack Companions, Bundle Companions, Staff of Power, just to name a few.) I'm gonna end the dispute of adding in a new class with a proposition. A good way to settle this "new class" dilemma would be for Kingsisle to add in a new TRAINER that teaches you new stuff. They added a Shadow Magic trainer and a Star, Moon, and Sun school trainer to Wizard101. They can add new trainers to Pirate101 if they wanted to. Also, off topic, but do have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 39 Musketeer-in-Training)
Merciless Toby Silver (Level 21 Buccaneer-in-Training)
It is interesting to me that you're suggesting a new trainer and presenting this idea as if it was your own without giving credit to the original proposer ( namely, myself ). You even used the example of Wizard101's Celestial and Shadow Magic as I did.
Please don't steal other's ideas.