Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I'm Going to Lose my Mind Farming Captain Blood

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 30, 2016
So I just joined the forums and kind of may be for sole purpose of venting about my little experience with Captain Blood.

I have a level 70 witch doctor by the name of Crabby Tarlac (Hence my forums name) and all the talk these days is about how good the blood flames are. Well I've been farming Miranda for countless hours and countless attempts with what has to be the most inhumane garbage luck ever. I have gotten his hat 3 times and his weapon twice. I always use the group plunder, I have a friend port in for the fight every time, and when I tried the chance chest, I got the same pair of boots 3 times in a row and decided I'm not going to waste crowns anymore.

Do any of you crazy smart game knowledge pirate players out there have any tips for me or any ways to help what so ever? I'm going to go crazy doing this. Is is just bad luck or some coincidence that the game refuses to give me what I want after so many attempts or am I doing something wrong?

Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hopeful Garret Xav... on Nov 20, 2017 wrote:
So I just joined the forums and kind of may be for sole purpose of venting about my little experience with Captain Blood.

I have a level 70 witch doctor by the name of Crabby Tarlac (Hence my forums name) and all the talk these days is about how good the blood flames are. Well I've been farming Miranda for countless hours and countless attempts with what has to be the most inhumane garbage luck ever. I have gotten his hat 3 times and his weapon twice. I always use the group plunder, I have a friend port in for the fight every time, and when I tried the chance chest, I got the same pair of boots 3 times in a row and decided I'm not going to waste crowns anymore.

Do any of you crazy smart game knowledge pirate players out there have any tips for me or any ways to help what so ever? I'm going to go crazy doing this. Is is just bad luck or some coincidence that the game refuses to give me what I want after so many attempts or am I doing something wrong?

First: there is no way to manipulate the RNG ( Random Numbers Generator ). This determines the drops you receive.
Second: Go ahead and use Doubloons ( even Treasure Bath ). They have no effect on what you receive, either.
Captain Blood's Jacket is a very rare drop - I farmed for 2 years before I got mine.
The best thing this "crazy smart game knowledge pirate player" can suggest is one thing - JUST KEEP FARMING!
You'll get it eventually.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
Welcome to the message boards HYA3579!

I have farmed Blood several times, and never have received his jacket, but on my first run on Kane, I got his mask from the first second chance chest I opened! It really just comes down to luck.

Sometimes it helps to have a group of friends that want to farm the same dungeon, if you station at different areas you can get it done in no time. Two collect the things, one fights Budd/ the Ghosts, the other stay with the Card Dealer, and so on. Figure out which is easier for you!

Another thing, limit yourself. Don't let yourself go crazy by doing it 30 times in a row, or dedicating hours to it. Pick out a few hours, and try to have fun with it. Don't let it become a chore, because that is the exact opposite of what this game was made to be.

Try to mix it up by using different companions each time. Since you are a max level, it should be easy to train them up to a level that can defeat these enemies without too many tomes. Test out the ones you don't like, and upgrade them, maybe you will find that the companion you thought was awful, really just needed different epics!

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you find errors in this, so I won't repeat the same mistakes to others.

Misty, 70
Zoe, 53

See you in the Spiral!

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016

Listen, I totally understand where you're coming from with this post. I understand you're frustrated, but you need to understand that drops are completely random and the reason Blood's Jacket is so rare is because Blood drops 5 pieces of boss gear unique to him (Hat, Jacket, Boots, and 2 weapons a Hook and a Reaver). Every time you defeat Blood, 2 dice are rolled. First dice decides if you got a Blood drop and second dice decides which Blood drop to give you. As a Pirate101 veteran and having played since release, I've seen it all and been through it all and I can totally feel your pain. If you want my input, it took me 3 years (over 3000 Miranda runs) to get Blood's Jacket and in the end, I got his entire outfit before the Jacket dropped. I also opened ZERO second chance chests, so it's not Second Chance Chest only. I pretty much have every single boss drop in the game and I'm out of bosses to farm, so if you need a farming buddy, I can help you. In my opinion, if you're frustrated about Miranda, take a break and do something else. I am currently playing the newly released Pokemon Ultra Moon on my Nintendo 3DS XL if I'm taking a break from farming or helping people on Pirate101. Imperial Boots of Moo Manchu were the hardest piece of gear to get so I used the Second Chance Chest for them and Kane's Mask I got as a drop. All the same, I wish you the best of luck. The same thing applies with packs, again, drops are completely random. I have all Armada companions, but I bought packs only during Pack Sales. You aren't doing anything wrong, and Lady Luck doesn't reward hard work. Some people have bilge luck and others have been blessed by Lady Luck herself and get Blood's Jacket first try! All the same, good luck to you and ask for help.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 39 Musketeer-in-Training)
Merciless Toby Silver (Level 21 Buccaneer-in-Training)

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
if you have crowns / hit the 2nd chance chest once or twice per run

then my may only need to try another 50 times

Ensign
Jan 30, 2016
Thank all of you for the nice responses. I will continue to farm at my own pace and try to implement some of the tips you guys gave. I really appreciate the advice, and won't lose hope any time soon!

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Funny that, i farmed Blood for ages, not a single unique drop, yet i get Rooke's Axe on my first EVER playthrough of Wreck of the Victory. Aye, it all comes down to the numbers, as they say, and them wily loot tables are more dicey than Sam James the Weasel Gambler and even the Hydra, and more slippery than a greased eel with Nausica's movement powers! Ye just gotta get luckier than Lucky Jack Russel, aye?

Hardy Quinn
Pirate, farmer, and literal farmer .

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Just keep plugging away. I try to discipline myself only to hit the second time chest about three times per raid - you don't burn through the crowns so fast that way. Before I seriously start farming Miranda with a pirate I run the pirate (and that pirate's crew) up several levels past where they are when they first reach Miranda, which speeds up the fights you have to fight.

Good luck! It is worth the effort - powerful, plus the snazziest coat in the game.

-Indigo

Ensign
Jul 12, 2016

Just keep at it, you'll get it eventually... it took me 120 tries. Also the second chance chest also has an abysmal drop rate, I spent 50 crowns on it per run and got nothing. The drop rates are definitely crazy but you can get it. But don't do it all at once (for obvious reasons)