Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Odd Steamboat Ship; Docked in Avery's Court

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
A few months back, on a typical day, I was heading to my ship on the docks. on the first dock to the very left, there was an unobtainable steamboat ship docked. You could board the ship and everything. It lacked a wheel and a cabin. I showed some friends, and random people from Avery's Court, and we were all clueless to what it was. I, of course, remain clueless. If anyone has a theory or reason for the ship being here, please tell me. I really want to find the origin of this mysterious ship.

--

Killian Windlass, Level 70 Witchdoctor
Klaus Windlass, Level 42 Privateer
Karic Windlass, Level 12 Buccaneer
Lucas Windlass, Level 8 Musketeer
Cass Everhart, Level 1 Swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Reckless Hunter on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
A few months back, on a typical day, I was heading to my ship on the docks. on the first dock to the very left, there was an unobtainable steamboat ship docked. You could board the ship and everything. It lacked a wheel and a cabin. I showed some friends, and random people from Avery's Court, and we were all clueless to what it was. I, of course, remain clueless. If anyone has a theory or reason for the ship being here, please tell me. I really want to find the origin of this mysterious ship.

--

Killian Windlass, Level 70 Witchdoctor
Klaus Windlass, Level 42 Privateer
Karic Windlass, Level 12 Buccaneer
Lucas Windlass, Level 8 Musketeer
Cass Everhart, Level 1 Swashbuckler
You aren't the first to see this ship and report it. Without further clues ( ship's name, owner's name, etc. ) speculation is useless.
1. Is it a new ship from a bundle or Crown Shop being tested by a KI developer? ( But don't they have in house servers for testing new items? )
2. Is it a ship belonging to a new NPC friend or enemy?
And
3. What realm were you on when you saw the ship?

Ensign
Nov 29, 2009
Ahoy!

There's a few reasons I could think of that would cause this to happen.
  • You may have found a bug in the game; sometimes these can't really be explained!
  • If I remember correctly (please correct me if I am wrong), there was recent server maintenance for the game. Perhaps they put a surprise into Skull Island's docks? We all know KingsIsle loves to tease for upcoming events.
  • You may have found a fellow player who has manipulated their account and given themselves an item previously unobtainable; which is against the rules, but still possible. It might not have all the features of a regular ship due to 3rd party code being unreliable/out of date.

If you haven't already, I would report this to KingsIsle; screenshots, too, if you have some!

Best of luck; I'm curious to see the answer to this mystery too!

Kiley Dove - 70
Wild Colonial

Ensign
Jan 22, 2013
I saw this ship as well once, in the exact same spot. It may just be a decoration or a glitch. I doubt it is a glitch though, and if it was a decoration, it would probably be there all the time. This makes me think it is hacked? Just a theory anyways.

Serious Cole Frakes, Level 70 Musketeer
Seth, Level 52 Swashbuckler in-training

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Might it have something to do with the party barge? Maybe it was showing up in the wrong location.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Calamity Finch on Nov 11, 2017 wrote:
Might it have something to do with the party barge? Maybe it was showing up in the wrong location.
I have seen a picture of this ship, it is a different color than the party barge.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
I forget the realm. It was a very long time ago... I also believe that a friend of mine who was next to me when I saw it reported it. I may go to the Blind Mew's Musings thread and ask.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 11, 2017 wrote:
I have seen a picture of this ship, it is a different color than the party barge.
Was it red? Sometimes that acts as a placeholder for a color not loaded yet. I can confirm it is not the ship mentioned in the thread One-eyed Jack's/Tom's Mystery ship. That one looks very nice, but is nothing like a CR steamboat.