Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can Loot Tables Be Improved?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I know some pirates have been asking for this for awhile but could you pretty please improve loot tables the next time Pirate 101 gets an update(even if it is fall of 2018)? I will now take the time to suggest improvements.

1. Hidden Treasure Chests/Group Plunder Chests: My complaint is a lot of pirates don't find these worth opening except during holidays. In order to make these better here is my improvement suggestions, Single Player Chests: Add gear and housing items to single player chests, this way players who can't find people to open group plunder chests will get something, Group Plunder Chests: Add basic pets to group plunder chests, Ok so I know they do drop pets during the holidays but the possibility of a basic pet would get people wanting to open group plunder chests so they might could get a pet(I'll go into detail below).

2. Expand Basic Pets That Drop By At least 1: Every once and a while during a fight you get lucky and get a basic pet. However. a lot of pets can only be obtained with crowns or morphing. I know Ki needs to make money but surely they could add a few more long time crown shop pets to the loot tables, my biggest pet peeve(get the joke?) is the Cutie Chameleon doesn't appear to drop anywhere. I would be happy even if this one pet was added to the loot tables. However. if Ki was feeling generous perhaps they could add a few more long time crown shop pets to the loot tables, in order here is my Top 7 picks for crown shop pets to be added to the loot tables: 1. Cutie Chameleon(please Ki please), 2. Crokagator, 3. Lil' Labor Golem, 4. Clown Fish, 5. Mechanical Owl, 6. Bunnicorn, and 7. Black Tiger. I know all of those probably can't be added, but please at least at the Cutie Chameleon to the loot tables.

3. Add Pet Drops To Bestia: Wouldn't it be cool if the 3 pets you can buy in Bestia for gold were added as rare drops in the pet PVP arena?

4. Add Higher Pet Snacks To The Loot Tables: Kane and Moo Manchu are so hard to beat, they drop rare items but the pet snacks they drop are really low level. As other pirates have suggested, add higher level pet snacks to Kane's and Moo Manchu's loot tables.

I will end this post for now but I may(or may not) expand on it later.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Oct 31, 2017 wrote:
I know some pirates have been asking for this for awhile but could you pretty please improve loot tables the next time Pirate 101 gets an update(even if it is fall of 2018)? I will now take the time to suggest improvements.

1. Hidden Treasure Chests/Group Plunder Chests: My complaint is a lot of pirates don't find these worth opening except during holidays. In order to make these better here is my improvement suggestions, Single Player Chests: Add gear and housing items to single player chests, this way players who can't find people to open group plunder chests will get something, Group Plunder Chests: Add basic pets to group plunder chests, Ok so I know they do drop pets during the holidays but the possibility of a basic pet would get people wanting to open group plunder chests so they might could get a pet(I'll go into detail below).

2. Expand Basic Pets That Drop By At least 1: Every once and a while during a fight you get lucky and get a basic pet. However. a lot of pets can only be obtained with crowns or morphing. I know Ki needs to make money but surely they could add a few more long time crown shop pets to the loot tables, my biggest pet peeve(get the joke?) is the Cutie Chameleon doesn't appear to drop anywhere. I would be happy even if this one pet was added to the loot tables. However. if Ki was feeling generous perhaps they could add a few more long time crown shop pets to the loot tables, in order here is my Top 7 picks for crown shop pets to be added to the loot tables: 1. Cutie Chameleon(please Ki please), 2. Crokagator, 3. Lil' Labor Golem, 4. Clown Fish, 5. Mechanical Owl, 6. Bunnicorn, and 7. Black Tiger. I know all of those probably can't be added, but please at least at the Cutie Chameleon to the loot tables.

3. Add Pet Drops To Bestia: Wouldn't it be cool if the 3 pets you can buy in Bestia for gold were added as rare drops in the pet PVP arena?

4. Add Higher Pet Snacks To The Loot Tables: Kane and Moo Manchu are so hard to beat, they drop rare items but the pet snacks they drop are really low level. As other pirates have suggested, add higher level pet snacks to Kane's and Moo Manchu's loot tables.

I will end this post for now but I may(or may not) expand on it later.
Loot tables can be improved by keeping extra "stuff " out of them. It's hard enough with the RNG and a large loot table to get those rare boss drops, but adding more pets ( pets btw, you can get by Wranglin' ) just weighs down the chances of getting a desired drop.
I have nothing against snacks, because these items have a separate table; but it is most disappointing to most players to get a snack ( even if it's high leveled ) instead of a drop.
Not everyone is as "pet crazy" as you.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 31, 2017 wrote:
Loot tables can be improved by keeping extra "stuff " out of them. It's hard enough with the RNG and a large loot table to get those rare boss drops, but adding more pets ( pets btw, you can get by Wranglin' ) just weighs down the chances of getting a desired drop.
I have nothing against snacks, because these items have a separate table; but it is most disappointing to most players to get a snack ( even if it's high leveled ) instead of a drop.
Speaking of Wranglin'...it would be nice if we could get a swap or addition of the pets offered via that method. I'm pretty sure I received at least 10 copies of every pet so far.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 31, 2017 wrote:
But some players don't have access to crowns and have to farm for pets. Adding another crown shop pet(please let it be the Cutie Chameleon) to the loot tables, would help those players out.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
increase the drop rate for shosho's, thats all the game needs

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I honestly am fine with the loot drop rates however what I would like to see is second chance chests in a couple places like Ophidian Palace, Cave of the Gorgon, and the Troll chieftan cave. These are long dungeons (maybe not gorgon cave) and could use a second chance chest. Its good for KI too its more crowns.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 1, 2017 wrote:
But some players don't have access to crowns and have to farm for pets. Adding another crown shop pet(please let it be the Cutie Chameleon) to the loot tables, would help those players out.
How can anyone in this game miss out on getting a pet? I have trouble avoiding extra pets from Wranglin' If you want a Cutie Chameleon, I'll be glad to morph one for you.
No access to Crowns? Do KI Trivia and get 100 crowns per day for free.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Avery Court Grace on Nov 1, 2017 wrote:
I honestly am fine with the loot drop rates however what I would like to see is second chance chests in a couple places like Ophidian Palace, Cave of the Gorgon, and the Troll chieftan cave. These are long dungeons (maybe not gorgon cave) and could use a second chance chest. Its good for KI too its more crowns.
I think with what you said, you just contradicted yourself. You claim you're fine with the loot drop rates as they are, but you want Second Chance Chests to be added? That's like saying you hate the drop rates and want to find an easy way out by spending crowns on the chest. You aren't going to get anything in life if you aren't willing to put in the time and effort to get it. I got my first job recently and with the work money I got by working hard and getting my first paychecks ever, I managed to buy myself a Nintendo 3DS XL Galaxy Limited Edition and Pokemon Moon. The point of it is that I got it through hard work. Adding in more Second Chance Chests will discourage farming, so I disagree with your post, sorry. You aren't going to get anything in life if you aren't willing to work hard for it. Things aren't going to be handed to you for free and the Second Chance Chests just offer you an easy way out of farming. I say just suck it up and farm, but that's just my opinion.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 39 Musketeer-in-Training)
Merciless Toby Silver (Level 21 Buccaneer-in-Training)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:
I think with what you said, you just contradicted yourself. You claim you're fine with the loot drop rates as they are, but you want Second Chance Chests to be added? That's like saying you hate the drop rates and want to find an easy way out by spending crowns on the chest. You aren't going to get anything in life if you aren't willing to put in the time and effort to get it. I got my first job recently and with the work money I got by working hard and getting my first paychecks ever, I managed to buy myself a Nintendo 3DS XL Galaxy Limited Edition and Pokemon Moon. The point of it is that I got it through hard work. Adding in more Second Chance Chests will discourage farming, so I disagree with your post, sorry. You aren't going to get anything in life if you aren't willing to work hard for it. Things aren't going to be handed to you for free and the Second Chance Chests just offer you an easy way out of farming. I say just suck it up and farm, but that's just my opinion.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 39 Musketeer-in-Training)
Merciless Toby Silver (Level 21 Buccaneer-in-Training)
Not everyone has the time to farm endlessly; you should know this as you have a job. Even so, there are times when a Second Chance Chest is welcomed, you have used them frequently yourself in both Miranda & the Tower of Moo Manchu.
Ratbeard has posted as to what is required for a SCC to be put into the game:
1. Is the Boss at the end of a long instance?
2. Does the boss have unique items?
Hyksos satisfies both requirements.
1. The Palace is a long instance and is difficult.
2. Hyksos drops his own boss gear ( a weapon, I believe. )
Although Medusa has her own boss drops ( weapon & accessory ), her dungeon isn't long.
I'm not sure which Troll Chieftain is being referred to. If it's Khagan, then he has a unique drop.
In any case a SCC is there for those who can't/don't want to spend hours at a time farming for gear. Besides, many players or their parents earn crowns by working, if they want to spend them on a SCC or ask for another to be put into the game, why should it matter to you?
And why do you feel it's necessary to say what you bought with your paycheck?