Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Blind Mew's travels

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
In Skull Island, he gets around and knows everything that is going on. Is there more to him than he appears to be? Might we run into him unexpectedly somewhere else, somewhere new? Could he be Zeus in disguise, leading us to help his son find his destiny? A Fate, or Aquillan oracle? From Grizzleheim, LOKI? Coyote in disguise? Just an old Pirate who gets rides around Skull Island? Avery's secret spy-master, and strategist? Our father, enchanted? If we were to run into him again in new places, where would he be, and what might he tell us? Might we find out more of his past travels? Will he give us more information in the future, using knowledge from his travels? Has he met the Purple Creatures of Mystery before? If so, where was that? Is he really Sherlock Bones in disguise, working for the Marleybone Empire? Oh no, he must know we started that war. Please don't tell on us Mew. We're friends aren't we? I did give you that gold.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Oct 12, 2017 wrote:
In Skull Island, he gets around and knows everything that is going on. Is there more to him than he appears to be? Might we run into him unexpectedly somewhere else, somewhere new? Could he be Zeus in disguise, leading us to help his son find his destiny? A Fate, or Aquillan oracle? From Grizzleheim, LOKI? Coyote in disguise? Just an old Pirate who gets rides around Skull Island? Avery's secret spy-master, and strategist? Our father, enchanted? If we were to run into him again in new places, where would he be, and what might he tell us? Might we find out more of his past travels? Will he give us more information in the future, using knowledge from his travels? Has he met the Purple Creatures of Mystery before? If so, where was that? Is he really Sherlock Bones in disguise, working for the Marleybone Empire? Oh no, he must know we started that war. Please don't tell on us Mew. We're friends aren't we? I did give you that gold.
That Would Be Telling.
But.....
I lean heavily to the theory that he's Avery's informant.
Or......
He could even be a survivor of Marco Pollo's expedition to El Dorado

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Those are epic suggestions there, Calamity. Wow. I especially like "Avery's secret spymaster and strategist" and "our father, enchanted"! This is one creative post!

I actually have reflected and speculated on Blind Mew and his bizarre travels - how he seems to get everywhere in Skull Island (and he's blind)? I wonder what he really is behind those sunglasses - maybe he really isn't blind? Maybe he's pulling that identity to make himself seem innocent when really he isn't?

And yes, very true: How does he know everything? I mean, obviously, it would make logical and scientific sense that, if vision isn't working, your four other senses would focus more and work better. In fact, one stunts-woman by the name of Kitty O'Neill is deaf. This makes it much easier for her to focus without other distractions - her four other senses work better. But for Blind Mew, he knows distinctly every little detail. I mean, he could possibly be a good bluffer. Maybe when you're asking for help he sees it but makes it seem like he hears and smells it all. He would be a pretty talented cat if everything he says were true!

In one Quest (I just recently did it on my Level 10 Swashbuckler), you were supposed to find Norville, Captain Ahab's son from Jonah Town. You ask Skinny Pete at the Kraken Skulls Tavern because he knows all kinds of history, myths and legends but he says he doesn't know. He tells us to ask Blind Mew - he reminds me a bit of Master Joshamee Gibbs! - and he says, and I quote, "He has an ear to every keyhole on this island!" Oh, really, now? This ought to be interesting! Just about what keyholes are you talking about there, eh, Pete?

To conclude, I must say that my favorite NPC ever to be made was Blind Mew. His wise and superstitious (ish) personality is lovable and very cheer-worthy.

Have fun,
See you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral!

(P.S. I didn't intend for this to be a long post at first, but with all of my ideas and additions I couldn't help it.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Oct 13, 2017 wrote:
Those are epic suggestions there, Calamity. Wow. I especially like "Avery's secret spymaster and strategist" and "our father, enchanted"! This is one creative post!

I actually have reflected and speculated on Blind Mew and his bizarre travels - how he seems to get everywhere in Skull Island (and he's blind)? I wonder what he really is behind those sunglasses - maybe he really isn't blind? Maybe he's pulling that identity to make himself seem innocent when really he isn't?

And yes, very true: How does he know everything? I mean, obviously, it would make logical and scientific sense that, if vision isn't working, your four other senses would focus more and work better. In fact, one stunts-woman by the name of Kitty O'Neill is deaf. This makes it much easier for her to focus without other distractions - her four other senses work better. But for Blind Mew, he knows distinctly every little detail. I mean, he could possibly be a good bluffer. Maybe when you're asking for help he sees it but makes it seem like he hears and smells it all. He would be a pretty talented cat if everything he says were true!

In one Quest (I just recently did it on my Level 10 Swashbuckler), you were supposed to find Norville, Captain Ahab's son from Jonah Town. You ask Skinny Pete at the Kraken Skulls Tavern because he knows all kinds of history, myths and legends but he says he doesn't know. He tells us to ask Blind Mew - he reminds me a bit of Master Joshamee Gibbs! - and he says, and I quote, "He has an ear to every keyhole on this island!" Oh, really, now? This ought to be interesting! Just about what keyholes are you talking about there, eh, Pete?

To conclude, I must say that my favorite NPC ever to be made was Blind Mew. His wise and superstitious (ish) personality is lovable and very cheer-worthy.

Have fun,
See you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral!

(P.S. I didn't intend for this to be a long post at first, but with all of my ideas and additions I couldn't help it.)
As you pointed out in the case of the stunt woman, having a disability doesn't make you helpless. Blind Mew probably hitches a ride around Skull Island skyway.
He is also ignored by most people, after all he's "just" a blind beggar. His senses of hearing and smell are sharper but I believe that they would be sharper anyway because he is a Cat.
I would like to have our pirates interact with him more.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Personally, I like the idea that he is Avery's spy master best. He has a great cover, and can listen to everyone, unnoticed. As a would-be leader of a nation, I'd imagine Avery could use some more subtle information gathering than our very noticeable adventures. It would also give me hope that we might meet him in some other part of the spiral, and he would have something else for us to do, for fun and profit.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 13, 2017 wrote:
As you pointed out in the case of the stunt woman, having a disability doesn't make you helpless. Blind Mew probably hitches a ride around Skull Island skyway.
He is also ignored by most people, after all he's "just" a blind beggar. His senses of hearing and smell are sharper but I believe that they would be sharper anyway because he is a Cat.
I would like to have our pirates interact with him more.
Yes. He is my favorite NPC just because of the way he is.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Oct 14, 2017 wrote:
Personally, I like the idea that he is Avery's spy master best. He has a great cover, and can listen to everyone, unnoticed. As a would-be leader of a nation, I'd imagine Avery could use some more subtle information gathering than our very noticeable adventures. It would also give me hope that we might meet him in some other part of the spiral, and he would have something else for us to do, for fun and profit.
I agree as well. That's why, like I said in my first reply, I like the idea of Avery's secret spymaster too. It feels like it could really be true!

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
Blind Mew answered that question a long time ago. He just happens to have a ship so fast ... we wouldn't see him coming! Now how he owns such a fast ship is still a mystery. Let's leave it at that.