Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PvP Questions

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Hello, back from the message board dead. I don't know if these questions been asked for but I'm pretty sure it would take a while to find if it has. My question are this: why doesn't anyone play the other type of pvp, the one below 1v1 pvp where its just you and your firstmate. The name of that type of ranked pvp exscaps me at the moment. My second question is this: why the heck isn't there 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4? I mean sure we have sparing champers but I feel that people take ranked a bit more seriously. And I know a few friends that I would love to have on my side in a ranked pvp match. Well that's all, again I just want to say hi all to my friends on the message board and to say it sure is nice to be back in pirate101

Bold Ryan Richardson max lvl
Cruel Bart Sharp lvl 34
Gangly Diego Underhill lvl 26
Sly Mark Silver lvl 20
Can't remember the name lvl 15
Can't remember the name lvl 3

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
JustSomeRandomGame... on Oct 10, 2017 wrote:
Hello, back from the message board dead. I don't know if these questions been asked for but I'm pretty sure it would take a while to find if it has. My question are this: why doesn't anyone play the other type of pvp, the one below 1v1 pvp where its just you and your firstmate. The name of that type of ranked pvp exscaps me at the moment. My second question is this: why the heck isn't there 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4? I mean sure we have sparing champers but I feel that people take ranked a bit more seriously. And I know a few friends that I would love to have on my side in a ranked pvp match. Well that's all, again I just want to say hi all to my friends on the message board and to say it sure is nice to be back in pirate101

Cruel Bart Sharp lvl 34
Sly Mark Silver lvl 20
I don't of any 1 v 1 where it's just you + first mate. KI hasn't instituted any team ranked PVP, yet.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2013

Cruel Bart Sharp lvl 34
Sly Mark Silver lvl 20
Thank you for mentioning 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4.
Maybe the idea is about whether or not people would join if that option were available. Right now Team Matches are available to everyone in Spar Chamber, but I can't recall the last time I've seen a Team Match happen. I've come to realize that the majority are not interested in this type of brawling.

Ensign
Jul 14, 2015
The mode which there are only 4 pirates, each with one companion, is called Battle Royale. This game mode is only prevalent in ranked pvp. The other option in ranked is 1v1. However, it would be neat if Ki made an option of 2v2, 3v3,4v4.

As far Spar chamber, there is sadly only one sigil and only one mode. In my opinion, there needs to be some improvement in the spar chamber. The match making is a mess. There are different level players which just makes doing pvp unfair. There is no system upon joining either team, just press "x" and pick either red or blue. Usually people would pick the "potential" winning side, skewing the teams and causing an outburst of hate towards targets that actually want to spar. Words such as "noob" "scrub" and "mute" are used to towards the associated players(basically lower level players or mutes). *reason why there needs to be an actual organized system like in wizards*

Also another problem in the Spar would be the use of doubloons. And although people say it is a comparison to treasure cards like in Wizards, it isn't. Doubloons is a cheap way of putting the battle in one's favor by giving the player an addition turn. What I mean by that is that giving buffs/summons will act like there is another player on your team, hence making Spar unfair.

Hopefully some of these issues will be fixed sometime in future "updates"

Impolite Duncan Black Duncan Clumsy Duncan Salty Duncan Ugly Duncan Careless Danielle

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012

Cruel Bart Sharp lvl 34
Sly Mark Silver lvl 20
Hello welcome back to the message boards! And about your questions. The main reason why people don't play 2v2/3v3/4v4 is well, the game gets crazy and it can drag on for a while especially if everyone is a decent player. And when you think about it, the battle system is completely different than Wizard101 since in 4v4s, it's thirty-two people counting companions whereas in wiz it's just eight players altogether.

As for Battle Royale.... Many people try to exploit the system by matching up with their friends, ganging up on everyone else and having their friend take second place, while the other gets first place to get to champion faster. The game actually doesn't penalize you that much upon getting second or even third place which resulted in people not playing the mode anymore (unless if they want to climb up to champion with their friends of course) since there's nothing you can really do when its 3v1.

Another problem is the lack of players in the PVP scene due to reasons stated above and other issues, but i'd rather not explain every single issue on this thread alone

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
AllToonedUp on Oct 11, 2017 wrote:
Hello welcome back to the message boards! And about your questions. The main reason why people don't play 2v2/3v3/4v4 is well, the game gets crazy and it can drag on for a while especially if everyone is a decent player. And when you think about it, the battle system is completely different than Wizard101 since in 4v4s, it's thirty-two people counting companions whereas in wiz it's just eight players altogether.

As for Battle Royale.... Many people try to exploit the system by matching up with their friends, ganging up on everyone else and having their friend take second place, while the other gets first place to get to champion faster. The game actually doesn't penalize you that much upon getting second or even third place which resulted in people not playing the mode anymore (unless if they want to climb up to champion with their friends of course) since there's nothing you can really do when its 3v1.

Another problem is the lack of players in the PVP scene due to reasons stated above and other issues, but i'd rather not explain every single issue on this thread alone
I do agree that it would be crazy to have 32 players. One idea KI could to do counter that is to increase the speed at which you were to fight, kinda like the speed glitch. 3v3 and 4v4 aren't the ones I would look forward to, its the 2v2 pvp I would really want to see as that would it much more interesting as I can already see different ways a could help basically every class.
As for the sparing chamber, I do wish that KI would make it more like wizard's practice pvp.