Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Auto Companion Pauses

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Ever since the update, if a companion is on the auto function and no command is given to that companion during selection, then once everyone else has finishing choosing their commands, there is a long pause before the combat is played out.

If no one keeps a companion on auto, this long pause does not happen.

Can KI remove this awkward long pause from the game?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Based on the silly way they act on auto / KI should really just remove this function

Or rework it where they actually do things in an intelligent manor

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Krigleblort on Oct 9, 2017 wrote:
Based on the silly way they act on auto / KI should really just remove this function

Or rework it where they actually do things in an intelligent manor
I actually use auto companions on my musket and buckler, and it works fine, sure they act silly at times, but keep it the way it is.

Ensign
Aug 17, 2017
Oran from Urz on Oct 8, 2017 wrote:
Ever since the update, if a companion is on the auto function and no command is given to that companion during selection, then once everyone else has finishing choosing their commands, there is a long pause before the combat is played out.

If no one keeps a companion on auto, this long pause does not happen.

Can KI remove this awkward long pause from the game?
I'd just recommend not to use automated companions because most likely more people will NOT use automated companions. So if you keep experiencing this problem just keep the automated companions off for a while and by a while i mean about 5 days or so. Hope this helps.

Salty Mark: Lvl70
Helpful Mark: Lvl22
Slick Mark: Lvl4

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
sparkyrail12 on Oct 10, 2017 wrote:
I'd just recommend not to use automated companions because most likely more people will NOT use automated companions. So if you keep experiencing this problem just keep the automated companions off for a while and by a while i mean about 5 days or so. Hope this helps.

Salty Mark: Lvl70
Helpful Mark: Lvl22
Slick Mark: Lvl4
It doesn't matter if I choose to use auto companion or not. It does this if anyone in the group uses the auto companion feature.