Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Team Up Badge Idea that BENEFITS EVERYONE!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
So with the debate on team up ledger spamming for the badge, I think I have come up with quite a nice solution so that everyone, Throne Room Spammers and those who seek to help with longer dungeons, will be rewarded!

The idea was so obvious in the first place! Dungeon length weighting! Obviously helping someone in one run of Kane/Khotan/Moo is FAR FAR longer than helping someone in one run of the throne room. Kane takes far longer than the throne room, and thus should be rewarded MORE than the throne room due to its greater length!

My idea- instead of dungeon runs count, we get dungeon point count. Here is what I mean. Instead of the number of runs, we get number of points! P101 would need to collect some statistics on dungeon length but most of it is pretty obvious to estimate. So let me emphasize one last time, we are doing points instead of runs!

1.) Weighting based on TIME, rather than amount of runs:
-Dungeons that take about 1-2 minutes to complete, like Fin Dorsal and his Throne room, would be worth 1 point!

-Dungeons that about 5-10 mins to complete, would be worth 5 points.

-Dungeons that take 30-45 mins to complete (i.e Miranda, Khotan, Deacon), would be worth 20 points.

-Dungeons that take about an hour to complete (i.e. Kane,) 35 points.

-Dungeons that take more than one hour (i.e Moo) 40 points!

2. Badges worth same amount, only measured in points instead of no of runs
So Team Player is 100 points, Team Leader is 500 points etc.

3.) So everyone benefits based on "time" rather than runs
Now choose what you want to do. If you choose to (efficiently) spam throne room 30-35 times, or do Kane once, you will (roughly I guess) spend the same time and earn the same reward! Fun isn't it?

The best part is for all you spammers, none of you will lose all that 'grinding progress' you have done so far. This will only help pirates (cough cough like me) who want to help with much longer dungeons than the throne room, have a greater reward due to putting more effort and time in helping someone in a harder dungeon.

Thoughts? Please KI, REALLY REALLY take this into consideration. It would really benefit players who want to help in longer fights rather that just grind throne room all day, as they would get rewarded base on effort and time. Pls dont ignore this plea thanks. I really think this will promote equality and should be implemented ASAP! The sooner the better. And if it does get implemented, please don't make it skewed as dead Mikes Grin (i.e make Kane worth only 15 points. Be fair).

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I would also like to add the following points I did from a prev post:
1.) Player One gets rewarded too. The badge seems to be more of a team effort rather than as assistance effort, so yeah player one also should get rewarded. All people I have met so far seem to agree with me on that and it won't cause discrimination against those who initiate dungeons.

2.) Manual Sigil entry team up also counts for badge points. Let's be honest, whether you team up via ledger or Sigil, you still team up in the end. So all team up runs should count no Mather whether done by Sigil or ledger

3.) Team up runs register AFTER you finish fight, NOT AFTER you leave a dungeon zone. Some dungeons it takes forever to get to entrance and it's a nuisance.

P.S Yay I'm a captain now woo.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It sounds fair. There could also be a desirable badge added for helping in the long dungeon class.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Also this will take a long time to earn in this system as well, and that is what KI wanted. If someone does 100 runs of Kane for example they would only have earned 3500 points, which is still not enough for max badge (I think?)! Surely earning the bane of Kane all over again seems to be worth the 3500 points as I have specified? Surely Ki? Pls change this dynamics. I am passionate about this.

Despite still being long, it's not stupidly long as it once was. I do not need to do 5000 Kane runs for a badge, I can instead do 130-150 runs and earn 5000 points instead under my system . This will be the same as someone doing throne room 5000+ times, and would be about the same time though. 5000 Kane runs would take at least until 3018 to finish.

Again, I insist KI should make this work! And asap too! Keep in mind I only used Kane and throne room as examples for this reply, you could make it work with any dungeon who's length correlates to number of points awarded.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:
So with the debate on team up ledger spamming for the badge, I think I have come up with quite a nice solution so that everyone, Throne Room Spammers and those who seek to help with longer dungeons, will be rewarded!

The idea was so obvious in the first place! Dungeon length weighting! Obviously helping someone in one run of Kane/Khotan/Moo is FAR FAR longer than helping someone in one run of the throne room. Kane takes far longer than the throne room, and thus should be rewarded MORE than the throne room due to its greater length!

My idea- instead of dungeon runs count, we get dungeon point count. Here is what I mean. Instead of the number of runs, we get number of points! P101 would need to collect some statistics on dungeon length but most of it is pretty obvious to estimate. So let me emphasize one last time, we are doing points instead of runs!

-Dungeons that take about 1-2 minutes to complete, like Fin Dorsal and his Throne room, would be worth 1 point!

-Dungeons that take 30-45 mins to complete (i.e Miranda, Khotan, Deacon), would be worth 20 points.

Now choose what you want to do. If you choose to (efficiently) spam throne room 30-35 times, or do Kane once, you will (roughly I guess) spend the same time and earn the same reward! Fun isn't it?

The best part is for all you spammers, none of you will lose all that 'grinding progress' you have done so far. This will only help pirates (cough cough like me) who want to help with much longer dungeons than the throne room, have a greater reward due to putting more effort and time in helping someone in a harder dungeon.

Thoughts? Please KI, REALLY REALLY take this into consideration. It would really benefit players who want to help in longer fights rather that just grind throne room all day, as they would get rewarded base on effort and time. Pls dont ignore this plea thanks. I really think this will promote equality and should be implemented ASAP! The sooner the better. And if it does get implemented, please don't make it skewed as dead Mikes Grin (i.e make Kane worth only 15 points. Be fair).
This is an overly complicated idea and probably very difficult to code. If you want to help players in long dungeons, just do it and stop ranting about "badge farmers".
The fact is you want that badge just as much as the farmers but you're disgruntled that they've found an efficient way to go about it.
I say leave it be: do what you do - help players in long dungeons. Let the farmers bore themselves to tears running Finn over and over ad infinitum et ad nauseum. ( translation: to infinity and sickness. ) So what if they get the badge under "false pretenses"? ( According to you & few other judgemental folk ).
There is no prize for getting a badge first.
Personally, I think its terrible that the first time we get a badge with an effect ( that's available to everyone & not a select few x cough Nefarious Sixth cough x ) there ends up a controversy over it!

Ensign
Jul 12, 2016
Golden Guardian on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:

I like this idea. It rewards those who want to team up in other places and receive equal benefits, but it doesn't punish those that are used to the current system. But it could be difficult to put into action.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:
This is an overly complicated idea and probably very difficult to code. If you want to help players in long dungeons, just do it and stop ranting about "badge farmers".
The fact is you want that badge just as much as the farmers but you're disgruntled that they've found an efficient way to go about it.
I say leave it be: do what you do - help players in long dungeons. Let the farmers bore themselves to tears running Finn over and over ad infinitum et ad nauseum. ( translation: to infinity and sickness. ) So what if they get the badge under "false pretenses"? ( According to you & few other judgemental folk ).
Personally, I think its terrible that the first time we get a badge with an effect ( that's available to everyone & not a select few x cough Nefarious Sixth cough x ) there ends up a controversy over it!
Sorry I disagree with 1000%of what you said. Limiting an idea due to "coding" is nonsense imo, otherwise most ideas would be too "complex to code". Just let the idea flow. KI can code, otherwise we would have no game. They should code this, the idea is simple enough and I don't know how its complex as you say.
And the farmers have not only found an efficient way, but possible the ONLY realistic way to get the badge. The alternate is 5000 runs of greater length. Getting a team that sticks for any other dungeon is long and
hard enough as it is. As I said before, if I choose to team up with 150 runs of kane for example, under my point system, this will put me somewhat badge. Do you honestly expect me to do 5000 runs of kane or another long dungeon, just to get a badge effect? As many people said, that would be absurdly long (and they were referring to the throne room, not even Kane!).

If the idea does not pass, Throne Room spamming will become the ONLY way to get the badge feasibly, and that will be disappointing.

And also a lot of throne room farmers here seem to agree with what I am saying. This idea seems to have universal appeal. Everyone benefits. Everyone is happy.

Now imagine someone worked for 1 minute as a doctor on a simple analysis and got paid $1. Now imagine a doctor worked for an hour on a more complex operation, and also got paid $1. Unfair is it not? The team up run situation is the EXACT same. What I want is a greater reward for the doctor who did the longer and complex task, and likewise the pirate who did the longer and complex dungeon should get a greater reward! Its basic fairness, and it should be put in the system ASAP.

Edit: Team Mangers have told me champion is at 2000 runs. This is not as bad as 10 thousand, although point system still should be there. I would say a Kane run is now 20 points.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
You couldn't be more wrong lol. The Team-Up badge is only available to the badge farmers since the effects only apply once you did 5,000 or 10,000 dungeon team ups. The Nefarious Five elixir was well-made. Sucked that only one person could get it per tower run, but that in turn caused people to come to a critical agreement about who gets it in the end. Nowadays, people don't care if you want the Nefarious potion. If you want it, go get it. Everyone has the Nefarious Five eyes now. What I'm getting at is that the Team-Up Ledger system needs improvement badge wise. If Kingsisle wants to add a badge with an effect, that's fine. They shouldn't make it near impossible to get, since most of us, even me, have college, work, and a life. We can't be bothered to sit down and help people 10,000 times. That's just plain ridiculous! The only thing that kept us going in Tower of Moo were 2 things, the Nefarious Five potion and rare drops. The Team-Up Ledger literally gives us no incentive to keep going, since the 10,000 mark is so far away and near impossible to reach with our busy lives. Thank you and I hope you take into account how hard this badge is to get and I hope that a fix is implemented soon so everyone has a chance to get it, like the Nefarious Eyes. Heck, I barely have enough time to max my Musketeer and Buccaneer to get 5 maxes, let alone do 10,000 team ups. In short, the Team-Up badge NEEDS a fix ASAP so we all have a good, fighting chance to get it.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 39 Musketeer-in-Training)
Merciless Toby Silver (Level 21 Buccaneer-in-Training)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Your point system ignores pirates who aren't members, unless they've bought zones, then they're stuck in the free to play areas of Skull Island. That leaves them only 3 dungeons to take part in.
The point system you propose actually only benefits those who can go to higher level worlds, namely you. What's this I've been hearing about you spamming the Banquet Hall in Aquila?
If you're claiming a high moral ground, then act on it. You shouldn't imitate the ones you claim to despise. There's a word for that. Hypocrisy.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
What do you think about the possibility for a special badge or badges for helping on specific long dungeons?
I don't think the coding would be too crazy. Team-up, if Kane or Troy or Miranda etc. then +1 to Helpful Hero badge. They have special badges for Gortez and Chumba Whumba, it would be just giving one to specific dungeons entered by team up. As a reward, an effect could be nice, or as with Gortez's, a crown item unlocked could be another possibility.
Question, is it only team up by ledger that gets the helping badge worked toward? I think it ought to count for any team up. Yes, the others by ledger are helping you, but even people holding the quest might be capable of soloing it, but choose to offer the team up to help others who do need more help with it. By entering the team up at the dungeon, they are also helping the badge farmers get their badge and giving them variety to choose from in helping.
I agree the team up badge kerfluffle will wear off as those most eager to get it on all their pirates achieve that.