Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Please Give Pirate 101 Chat Channels

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
People have been asked for Lock Items, Music Players, and Quest Finder to be brought over from Wizard 101 but I haven't seen anybody ask for Chat Channels. Bringing chat channels to Pirate 101 seems logical because it would be nice to send a message to all my friends online at once sometimes.

Somewhat off topic, but it would also be nice as others have asked to add a ranked pvp match viewing feature(a ranked pvp leaderboard would be nice also .... unless I was dead last at the bottom of the leaderboard or not even on it). If Ki added match viewing, perhaps KI could also add dungeon viewing where you could select a team taking on a tough dungeon and watch them. If KI added both of those things and they were successful, maybe KI could turn their twitch channel into a 24 hour channel. Have KI Live on it, add another live show that showcased players of P101 and W101 in real time with commentary, add another live show hosted by none other than Decius Duelmaster that discusses pets, and the rest of the time show pvp matches and dungeon teams live as they happen(from both P101 and W101) without commentary.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Oct 3, 2017 wrote:
People have been asked for Lock Items, Music Players, and Quest Finder to be brought over from Wizard 101 but I haven't seen anybody ask for Chat Channels. Bringing chat channels to Pirate 101 seems logical because it would be nice to send a message to all my friends online at once sometimes.

Somewhat off topic, but it would also be nice as others have asked to add a ranked pvp match viewing feature(a ranked pvp leaderboard would be nice also .... unless I was dead last at the bottom of the leaderboard or not even on it). If Ki added match viewing, perhaps KI could also add dungeon viewing where you could select a team taking on a tough dungeon and watch them. If KI added both of those things and they were successful, maybe KI could turn their twitch channel into a 24 hour channel. Have KI Live on it, add another live show that showcased players of P101 and W101 in real time with commentary, add another live show hosted by none other than Decius Duelmaster that discusses pets, and the rest of the time show pvp matches and dungeon teams live as they happen(from both P101 and W101) without commentary.
Oh yes! I absolutely agree. In Fairy Chat, a game I used to play, I used to send messages to all my friends at one time to say bye when I was leaving. This is a very good idea.

Have fun,
See you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Oct 3, 2017 wrote:

Ok, I like the idea of being able to message all your on-line friends at one time, that's a pretty cool idea. But, seriously?, "dungeon viewing"?
NO flippin' way! I don't want a bunch of chatty kibitzers commenting on the team's strategy or gear or companion choice or the million other things they would be inclined to comment on ( plus mean trolls bullying the entire team! )
And live action commentary? What is this, Futbol?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Oct 3, 2017 wrote:
Oh yes! I absolutely agree. In Fairy Chat, a game I used to play, I used to send messages to all my friends at one time to say bye when I was leaving. This is a very good idea.

Have fun,
See you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral!
Aurora, did you play Disney's Pixie Hollow? That game had an "all friends chat", too.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 4, 2017 wrote:
Aurora, did you play Disney's Pixie Hollow? That game had an "all friends chat", too.
That's what I mean.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 3, 2017 wrote:
Ok, I like the idea of being able to message all your on-line friends at one time, that's a pretty cool idea. But, seriously?, "dungeon viewing"?
NO flippin' way! I don't want a bunch of chatty kibitzers commenting on the team's strategy or gear or companion choice or the million other things they would be inclined to comment on ( plus mean trolls bullying the entire team! )
And live action commentary? What is this, Futbol?
KI could also ban them from chatting with the team. That said, if they allowed chat it might could help pirates new to the game defeat tough dungeons like The Machine by asking questions to pirates who have done it before.

A ton of things have commentary other than sports, AMC's "The Walking Dead" has a live commentary show "Talking Dead" that follows. Friday and Saturday nights top rated cable show is A&E's "Live PD" a live commentary on police officers.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Oct 5, 2017 wrote:
KI could also ban them from chatting with the team. That said, if they allowed chat it might could help pirates new to the game defeat tough dungeons like The Machine by asking questions to pirates who have done it before.

A ton of things have commentary other than sports, AMC's "The Walking Dead" has a live commentary show "Talking Dead" that follows. Friday and Saturday nights top rated cable show is A&E's "Live PD" a live commentary on police officers.
There are several things already available to new pirates lacking experience with certain dungeons.
1. The Message Boards
2. Pirate101 Central
3. You Tube videos posted by players.
They can also ask their friends in game for advice.
Then according to your examples, we have live commentary - What do you think "KI Live" does?

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 5, 2017 wrote:
There are several things already available to new pirates lacking experience with certain dungeons.
1. The Message Boards
2. Pirate101 Central
3. You Tube videos posted by players.
They can also ask their friends in game for advice.
Then according to your examples, we have live commentary - What do you think "KI Live" does?
OK, I'm confused by your last statement. KI Live is a news show, but could be considered live commentary if you consider news live commentary. According to this definition that would mean CNBC, CNN, Fox Business, Fox News, Headline News, MSNBC, The Weather Channel, and Weathernation are all live commentary. But are news and weather really live commentary? You could look at it like news isn't live commentary because it is covering a variety of topics as opposed to a specific player or topic(like a specific football game or specific police officer). That would mean KI Live, news channels, and weather channels are not live commentary, but "Live PD", "Talking Dead", and part of my idea would be. It's all about how you define live commentary. So anecorbie, how do you define live commentary?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:
OK, I'm confused by your last statement. KI Live is a news show, but could be considered live commentary if you consider news live commentary. According to this definition that would mean CNBC, CNN, Fox Business, Fox News, Headline News, MSNBC, The Weather Channel, and Weathernation are all live commentary. But are news and weather really live commentary? You could look at it like news isn't live commentary because it is covering a variety of topics as opposed to a specific player or topic(like a specific football game or specific police officer). That would mean KI Live, news channels, and weather channels are not live commentary, but "Live PD", "Talking Dead", and part of my idea would be. It's all about how you define live commentary. So anecorbie, how do you define live commentary?
Commentary that is broadcast live - as in not pre-recorded, duh. And your local news partly fills that category, too ( except for the video taken at accidents, sports events or interviews. )
No need to crack open a case of sarcasm just because I disagree with you.