Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Team Up Ledger gives me hope

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
I had a terrible fear inside of me that when I clicked team up ledger it would be blank, but to my surprise every single time I have checked it there has been some group going. While the amount of groups definitely fluctuated, it definitely gives me hope that this game is alive and still has life left in it. Nothing really to say past this, but Id be interested to hear opinions on this.

See you in the spiral,
Alex the Pirate

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Oct 1, 2017 wrote:
I had a terrible fear inside of me that when I clicked team up ledger it would be blank, but to my surprise every single time I have checked it there has been some group going. While the amount of groups definitely fluctuated, it definitely gives me hope that this game is alive and still has life left in it. Nothing really to say past this, but Id be interested to hear opinions on this.

See you in the spiral,
Alex the Pirate
I've been using the team up at least once a day seeking pirates needing help with hard dungeons.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I was on my Level 10-11 Buccaneer and chose Team Up several times. I waited a few minutes to see if anyone else would join before declining and entering solo. Finally, when he got to the Old Scratch dungeon, Hoodoo House, three max level pirates joined. They weren't particularly friendly, only one or two of them spoke, didn't open a four lock chest that appeared, even after I said I was glad that I would get extra loot since I was saving up for a castle. They all left without saying "bye" or anything, so it really didn't feel like they were happy to have helped at all. Maybe that was just me thinking how I would have at least said "good luck" or something. I kind of got the impression they thought I was kind of a pest for having selected Team Up.

One of them couldn't target Old Scratch in the final battle for some reason, but I don't know if he reported it as a bug.

Honestly, since lower levels actually on the quest are the ones who are giving these higher levels the opportunity to gain the badges by helping out, the least those higher levels could do is be friendly.

That's my opinion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 2, 2017 wrote:
I was on my Level 10-11 Buccaneer and chose Team Up several times. I waited a few minutes to see if anyone else would join before declining and entering solo. Finally, when he got to the Old Scratch dungeon, Hoodoo House, three max level pirates joined. They weren't particularly friendly, only one or two of them spoke, didn't open a four lock chest that appeared, even after I said I was glad that I would get extra loot since I was saving up for a castle. They all left without saying "bye" or anything, so it really didn't feel like they were happy to have helped at all. Maybe that was just me thinking how I would have at least said "good luck" or something. I kind of got the impression they thought I was kind of a pest for having selected Team Up.

One of them couldn't target Old Scratch in the final battle for some reason, but I don't know if he reported it as a bug.

Honestly, since lower levels actually on the quest are the ones who are giving these higher levels the opportunity to gain the badges by helping out, the least those higher levels could do is be friendly.

That's my opinion.

I agree completely! I think you got in your team-up a couple of "badge hunters", they're just doing it for the badge and you're just there to help them.
I would have opened that chest for you.
I did the Tomb of Kow Cheng with someone seeking help as part of their quest, we had a pleasant time after our mutual shyness wore off and he thanked me very nicely afterwards. ( And I did open group chests with him. )
Just like in any team up situation, you'll meet both good and bad.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 2, 2017 wrote:

That's my opinion.

Hello! I am 95% sure I was one of the maxes in that group so I thought I'd give my perspective on the situation.

1) The person not helping with the 4 player chest was stupid. Their excuse of it not being worth it does not disqualify the value of a 4 player chest and I am sorry for this person.

2) I don't know why the Old Scratch battle was glitching out.

3) I am guilty as charged when it comes to badge grinding. I was going through the dungeons that day with the intent of trying to reach the Team Player badge. I am sorry if this came off as rude or unkind and, if it helps, one of the reasons why I don't fall asleep while team up grinding is because it's such a joy to help out other lower level pirates. Of course, this isn't a good excuse for not socializing, but I would like to point out that there is some soul in us (badge grinders) and I truly do enjoy helping lower level pirates.

Of course I cannot speak for the other pirates in the group, but I thought I would say my opinion.

See you in the spiral.
Alex the Pirate

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Alex the Pirate on Oct 2, 2017 wrote:
Hello! I am 95% sure I was one of the maxes in that group so I thought I'd give my perspective on the situation.

1) The person not helping with the 4 player chest was stupid. Their excuse of it not being worth it does not disqualify the value of a 4 player chest and I am sorry for this person.

2) I don't know why the Old Scratch battle was glitching out.

3) I am guilty as charged when it comes to badge grinding. I was going through the dungeons that day with the intent of trying to reach the Team Player badge. I am sorry if this came off as rude or unkind and, if it helps, one of the reasons why I don't fall asleep while team up grinding is because it's such a joy to help out other lower level pirates. Of course, this isn't a good excuse for not socializing, but I would like to point out that there is some soul in us (badge grinders) and I truly do enjoy helping lower level pirates.

Of course I cannot speak for the other pirates in the group, but I thought I would say my opinion.

See you in the spiral.
Alex the Pirate
Thank you, Alex - I can understand that the battles all tend to run together after a while if you are grinding, but I do believe that players should at least say hello, and then good luck after the battles. If one other player reads this and adopts that practice for their team-ups, I think it's worth putting out there.

Granted, I am an old player and used to the vagaries of the Spiral, but for a new player, it would not have been encouraging.

It's the same attitude in the High Noon Canyon - those grinding for the winning badges are lying in wait to sink others, with no thought about making it fun at all, since they are ready to run for cover if they take any damage themselves. I did manage to get the badge for being sunk 10 times with no trouble at all. I don't look forward to getting the "sunk 100 times" badge.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 3, 2017 wrote:
Thank you, Alex - I can understand that the battles all tend to run together after a while if you are grinding, but I do believe that players should at least say hello, and then good luck after the battles. If one other player reads this and adopts that practice for their team-ups, I think it's worth putting out there.

Granted, I am an old player and used to the vagaries of the Spiral, but for a new player, it would not have been encouraging.

It's the same attitude in the High Noon Canyon - those grinding for the winning badges are lying in wait to sink others, with no thought about making it fun at all, since they are ready to run for cover if they take any damage themselves. I did manage to get the badge for being sunk 10 times with no trouble at all. I don't look forward to getting the "sunk 100 times" badge.

If you do get that badge of being sunk 100 times - wear it with pride, it shows your determination and persistence in the face of overwhelming odds!

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 3, 2017 wrote:

Actually, after seeing this post I've become much more active whenever I join a team up group and its made it a much more enjoyable experience. So yes, this post has changed the mind of one pirate out there and thank you for that.