Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

towering personalites (retopic)

AuthorMessage
Captain
Apr 24, 2016
this was originally started by anecorbie, but I wanted to bring this post back from the dead! (ty to old scratch for helping me with that.... XD) need to vent frustration about a quitter, troll, or whatever, this is the place!

ill call this one..... the mythie.

so we got to the nefarious fight smoothly, no disconnects from me (thank goodness), and then the person who I call danny got charmed. okay, I hit him for fun. then what danny said got my blood boiling. "if you don't heal me, you wont get anything good." he said, I said "yeah, I don't believe you, just like the treasure bath doubloon myth." I was grabbing my arm rests trying to keep from yelling out something I would regret later. the fight ended shortly after that, and I got the nefarious knives. I was like "dude, I just got the nefarious knives, you saying I had to heal you wasn't true." my blood was boiling hotter than a ring of fire when he said I had to heal him to get stuff.

I was thinking "dude, JUST because I am a privy, doesn't mean I have heals up every single freaking round or you get to boss me around! I don't believe it! I use what spells I want, when I want! I don't care if you try and boss me around like some kind of.... no good, bossy pants, lying, meanie person! I choose what spells I want to use, and when. basically, DONT BOSS ME AROUND. EVER." I didn't say it, but I was thinking it.

I wanted to bash him on the head with my bishop staff.

simply put, don't boss me around. EVER.

now, kane on the other hand.....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
thedragonpirate245... on Sep 25, 2017 wrote:
this was originally started by anecorbie, but I wanted to bring this post back from the dead! (ty to old scratch for helping me with that.... XD) need to vent frustration about a quitter, troll, or whatever, this is the place!

so we got to the nefarious fight smoothly, no disconnects from me (thank goodness), and then the person who I call danny got charmed. okay, I hit him for fun. then what danny said got my blood boiling. "if you don't heal me, you wont get anything good." he said, I said "yeah, I don't believe you, just like the treasure bath doubloon myth." I was grabbing my arm rests trying to keep from yelling out something I would regret later. the fight ended shortly after that, and I got the nefarious knives. I was like "dude, I just got the nefarious knives, you saying I had to heal you wasn't true." my blood was boiling hotter than a ring of fire when he said I had to heal him to get stuff.

I was thinking "dude, JUST because I am a privy, doesn't mean I have heals up every single freaking round or you get to boss me around! I don't believe it! I use what spells I want, when I want! I don't care if you try and boss me around like some kind of.... no good, bossy pants, lying, meanie person! I choose what spells I want to use, and when. basically, DONT BOSS ME AROUND. EVER." I didn't say it, but I was thinking it.

Now, thedragonprince, while I'm extremely flattered by your wanting to revive this post; I must say something about your behavior - you hit a charmed teammate "for fun". THAT is certainly not a fun thing to do, it's down right mean. If OTH you hit him with a Talent attack ( like Repel Boarders ) that can't be helped.
His reaction is typical & he would've said nothing but for your actions ( you did hit him on purpose, right? )
Don't hit your teammates "for fun".

Community Leader
Assuming by "charm" you mean Faye's charming gaze and not the nefarious potion, it's kind of a jerk move on your part to intentionally hit a teammate that will be back on your squad in one round. Why waste a round doing damage to a temporary enemy, when you can do damage to one of the nef5, who are permanent enemies? He shouldn't have demanded a heal or associated any negative consequences with not healing him, but if he was charmed by Faye and you then wasted a round attacking him, I see why he was angry.

Now if it was the nefarious potion, there's no healing him at all. He stays an enemy from the time he drinks it.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
Oh yes! Honestly, I was hoping someone would reopen this, mostly because of what I'm about to talk about...

I'm gonna call this person "The Egotist" because well, that's the best word to describe them.

So me and a friend had decided to do a tower run together and we were joined by two other people in team-up, a Witchdoctor and a Buccaneer. For the most part, the majority of the tower was fine, other then the other two being very, very passive aggressive toward each other. At the start of the Tower, the Witchdoctor mentioned that they planned to drink the potion, which we were all fine with.

But, on the 7th floor, the Buccaneer ended up crashing and we were left with just the three of us; I wasn't too worried, I'd done the Nefarious Five numerous times with only three people before. So, we all enter the fight and I decide to quickly mention to NOT drink the potion.

Three guesses as to what the Witchdoctor did.

Despite me and my friend yelling at him not to, as it was only us three and he still had his gear on, he ignored us because "My friend said you could get the eyes from this and I really want them!" Then, it somehow got worse, as he expressed confusion at your companions dialogue when you drink the potion. Apparently, he didn't even know that the potion would put you on the enemy team.

I'm still not sure if he was a troll or somehow actually didn't know that.

So he starts yelling to kill him so he can get on our team, despite us telling him several times that's not how it worked, and continued to do so until he actually died. Thankfully, me and my friend managed to win the fight, but we both lost Chantal.

We get to the next floor and since me and my friend are still pretty salty about this whole thing, he decides to say "I know we almost died, but at least I got my eyes!" You can imagine how we reacted. Anyway, he ended up leaving, not before repeatedly saying he hoped we died.

Jokes on him; we beat the tower anyway.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009

Sounds to me like a case of "it takes two to tango..."

Captain
Apr 24, 2016

oops, I feel dumb now. I don't remember if I hit him for fun or on accident.....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dogsrock5656 on Sep 25, 2017 wrote:
Oh yes! Honestly, I was hoping someone would reopen this, mostly because of what I'm about to talk about...

I'm gonna call this person "The Egotist" because well, that's the best word to describe them.

So me and a friend had decided to do a tower run together and we were joined by two other people in team-up, a Witchdoctor and a Buccaneer. For the most part, the majority of the tower was fine, other then the other two being very, very passive aggressive toward each other. At the start of the Tower, the Witchdoctor mentioned that they planned to drink the potion, which we were all fine with.

But, on the 7th floor, the Buccaneer ended up crashing and we were left with just the three of us; I wasn't too worried, I'd done the Nefarious Five numerous times with only three people before. So, we all enter the fight and I decide to quickly mention to NOT drink the potion.

Three guesses as to what the Witchdoctor did.

Despite me and my friend yelling at him not to, as it was only us three and he still had his gear on, he ignored us because "My friend said you could get the eyes from this and I really want them!" Then, it somehow got worse, as he expressed confusion at your companions dialogue when you drink the potion. Apparently, he didn't even know that the potion would put you on the enemy team.

I'm still not sure if he was a troll or somehow actually didn't know that.

So he starts yelling to kill him so he can get on our team, despite us telling him several times that's not how it worked, and continued to do so until he actually died. Thankfully, me and my friend managed to win the fight, but we both lost Chantal.

We get to the next floor and since me and my friend are still pretty salty about this whole thing, he decides to say "I know we almost died, but at least I got my eyes!" You can imagine how we reacted. Anyway, he ended up leaving, not before repeatedly saying he hoped we died.

Jokes on him; we beat the tower anyway.
It sounds to me as if he was a "Tower Noob". Nice that you beat the tower with just 2 ( especially floor 9 ).

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
anecorbie on Sep 26, 2017 wrote:
It sounds to me as if he was a "Tower Noob". Nice that you beat the tower with just 2 ( especially floor 9 ).
heh, I agree with you on that one.....

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I think spells describe most of the personalities I meet. Ok so here I go:

• The Vicious Charger:
    Basically this guy is very impatient and ignorant. He wants to finish the tower ASAP and charge into fights, even when people clearly told they are Trashing, organizing doubloons etc. In the end other pirates cant choose companions, and the fight takes too long. Ironically its who does it the most.

• The Black Fogger:
    A lazy swashbuckler who hides against the TC army for way too long, whilst everyone else dies from charges etc. Very annoying, though I too have fogged longer than needed. Soz all.

• The Mojo Stormers:
    Typically found in an all witch squad. Insane AoE mojo damage thanks to multiple scratches ensures a quick and easy moo run. Even more deadlier if a user possesses flames.

• The Big Guns:
    Ah these guys... extremely skilled farmers with extremely powerful gear. They often possess at least 2 of the big three legendary farming items:
    -Kane's Mask
    -Blood Jacket [Compulosry]
    -Imperial Boots of Moo

Alongside this they have powerful pets and other powerful gear/weapons. Alternatively they could possess moo's robes instead. They are indeed the big guns.

• The Back Stabbers
    Anyone who:
    -Says they will do moo but quits at N5
    -Argues a lot
    -A troll that drinks potion (with full armor) and causes chaos. Thankfully have not met one
    -Chills while the team carries them, until Moo and N5. Still haven't met one.

• The Reckless Frenzy'iers
    That lv 56 pirate who thinks he can 1v1 Josef but ends up dying immediately. Rather reckless at that level. Let the maxes do their thing and help them out.
The Walkers in Darkness
A confusing no-chat player. They live in their own shadowy world and no one knows what they are gonna do next. Sad truth is barely anyone one wants to be in a team with them.

The Enduring Disciples
You (mostly) don't belong with the above, but you will work hard with your team and try and reach the top anyways. Most people are this. Good kind souls.-GG

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
And I have another one; recently, I've been doing quite a few tower runs (Did three yesterday!) and a few days ago I experienced what was probably the dumbest excuse for leaving ever.

I'm with a friend and two other people we met in team-up and other then one of them being under-leveled, everything was going fine. Until we hit floor four; we're finishing up when suddenly one of them leaves and I ask "What happened?", because the one who had left had gotten the under-leveled pirate into the tower.

He responds with "He left to watch football and I need to leave too." Me and my friend were both at a complete loss for words; football is a planned event.

We still ended up finishing the tower, however; but this is still the worst reason to leave a tower run I've ever seen.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dogsrock5656 on Sep 27, 2017 wrote:
And I have another one; recently, I've been doing quite a few tower runs (Did three yesterday!) and a few days ago I experienced what was probably the dumbest excuse for leaving ever.

I'm with a friend and two other people we met in team-up and other then one of them being under-leveled, everything was going fine. Until we hit floor four; we're finishing up when suddenly one of them leaves and I ask "What happened?", because the one who had left had gotten the under-leveled pirate into the tower.

He responds with "He left to watch football and I need to leave too." Me and my friend were both at a complete loss for words; football is a planned event.

We still ended up finishing the tower, however; but this is still the worst reason to leave a tower run I've ever seen.
That's worse than the "I gotta get a haircut" excuse.

Ensign
Aug 12, 2012
Oh gosh I am so glad this got reopened!

Although this had not happened recently (It happened about a month ago in fact) it's still fresh in my mind for one of the worst things I've encountered in a Tower run. I'm pretty sure that this would be considered a more advanced version of a Freeloader.

Anyway, the story begins with a normal looking run. I don't remember all of the classes there, but I remember this freeloader being a Swashbuckler, so I will call them by that. Anyway, the run was looking great! We had gotten through the first two floors quite quickly, and everyone was getting along. Then after the Swashbuckler had not came to the third battle in a round, I looked at the team up queue and saw that they were gone.

I just assumed they disconnected and the others with me had assumed the same. For almost the entirety of the run, we only had three people and it was nothing really to complain about. We had eventually reached Moo Manchu and it looked like it was only going to be the three of us... Until the Swashbuckler suddenly appeared on the second round.

This meant that they had to manually click "Decline" on the team up queue and then waited for us to get to Moo Manchu! Everyone was confused at first, either simply saying a question mark or "What?". Then when realization hit, it was a wild ride. Everyone, including myself, started questioning them immediately.

Their excuses was that they disconnected and when she was confronted that they would've disconnected by inactivity by now, they simply responded with "It's magic!" then she said nothing after that.

You could've guessed how mad I was, especially on how they were able to sneakily get the drops from Moo Manchu with barely any work.

I am still salty to this day about this, not gonna lie. Luckily, I never encountered them again, but gee! This single encounter makes me slightly anxious whenever someone disconnects in the tower to this day.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 26, 2017 wrote:
Remembering the good old days....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 27, 2017 wrote:
That's worse than the "I gotta get a haircut" excuse.
What about......."THERE'S A TICK ON ME!" LOL

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Rainboweyes202 on Sep 28, 2017 wrote:
Oh gosh I am so glad this got reopened!

Although this had not happened recently (It happened about a month ago in fact) it's still fresh in my mind for one of the worst things I've encountered in a Tower run. I'm pretty sure that this would be considered a more advanced version of a Freeloader.

Anyway, the story begins with a normal looking run. I don't remember all of the classes there, but I remember this freeloader being a Swashbuckler, so I will call them by that. Anyway, the run was looking great! We had gotten through the first two floors quite quickly, and everyone was getting along. Then after the Swashbuckler had not came to the third battle in a round, I looked at the team up queue and saw that they were gone.

I just assumed they disconnected and the others with me had assumed the same. For almost the entirety of the run, we only had three people and it was nothing really to complain about. We had eventually reached Moo Manchu and it looked like it was only going to be the three of us... Until the Swashbuckler suddenly appeared on the second round.

This meant that they had to manually click "Decline" on the team up queue and then waited for us to get to Moo Manchu! Everyone was confused at first, either simply saying a question mark or "What?". Then when realization hit, it was a wild ride. Everyone, including myself, started questioning them immediately.

Their excuses was that they disconnected and when she was confronted that they would've disconnected by inactivity by now, they simply responded with "It's magic!" then she said nothing after that.

You could've guessed how mad I was, especially on how they were able to sneakily get the drops from Moo Manchu with barely any work.

I am still salty to this day about this, not gonna lie. Luckily, I never encountered them again, but gee! This single encounter makes me slightly anxious whenever someone disconnects in the tower to this day.
Yeah, it's possible that this player is exactly as you think them; however, I have been disconnected in the middle of this dungeon ( in a solo situation ) and yet managed to re-connect and still be able to re-enter the Tower - this could have happened with this player and maybe they weren't able to totally explain how they were able to re-join.
If they had declined, they wouldn't have been able to re-enter the Tower.
"It's magic!" explains a lot of technical mumbo-jumbo for me.

Ensign
Aug 12, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 28, 2017 wrote:
Yeah, it's possible that this player is exactly as you think them; however, I have been disconnected in the middle of this dungeon ( in a solo situation ) and yet managed to re-connect and still be able to re-enter the Tower - this could have happened with this player and maybe they weren't able to totally explain how they were able to re-join.
If they had declined, they wouldn't have been able to re-enter the Tower.
"It's magic!" explains a lot of technical mumbo-jumbo for me.
The thing is, from what I had recalled, they had seemingly "disconnected" on the second floor and came back almost immediately when we reached Moo Manchu. That was about an hour and a half of being disconnected, and I would've thought they would be long gone due to inactivity. This was why it was oddly suspicious to me, thus is why I was a bit mad when I had realized.

Plus, normally, when they don't show up on the team up, that normally means they had left completely or had disconnected due to inactivity... Or they clicked decline and waited within the tower until they saw that we reached Moo Manchu.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Although I swore this wouldn't happen I returned to that ( redacted ) Tower on my musketeer. She needed more gold.
In that run was a Privateer wearing the Nefarious Sixth badge. When it came to the last part of fighting Moo ( after we had defeated his minions ) he ran up to attack him. I then warned him not to directly attack Moo because of his "Nefarious Charm" cheat. He replied " He won't charm me and I don't care if he does."
"Ok", I thought, "I'll just have to kill you first." He went before me in order of battle. It was fortunate that a pet defeated Moo before his turn.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 22, 2017 wrote:
Although I swore this wouldn't happen I returned to that ( redacted ) Tower on my musketeer. She needed more gold.
In that run was a Privateer wearing the Nefarious Sixth badge. When it came to the last part of fighting Moo ( after we had defeated his minions ) he ran up to attack him. I then warned him not to directly attack Moo because of his "Nefarious Charm" cheat. He replied " He won't charm me and I don't care if he does."
"Ok", I thought, "I'll just have to kill you first." He went before me in order of battle. It was fortunate that a pet defeated Moo before his turn.
LOL!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
The guy who never trains his companions and doesn't know what he's doing and brings in a level 11 Old scratch and a level 5 Barnabus

This is why you train your companions, kids.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
darkmoordude on Nov 23, 2017 wrote:
The guy who never trains his companions and doesn't know what he's doing and brings in a level 11 Old scratch and a level 5 Barnabus

Hehe!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Nov 23, 2017 wrote:

Are you sure he wasn't a low level newbie that someone brought with them? I can't imagine a mid level pirate neglecting companions that badly.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
anecorbie on Nov 24, 2017 wrote:
Are you sure he wasn't a low level newbie that someone brought with them? I can't imagine a mid level pirate neglecting companions that badly.
Level 65 pirate, ladies and gentlemen

I guess just a troll

I hope...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Nov 25, 2017 wrote:
Level 65 pirate, ladies and gentlemen

I guess just a troll

I hope...
Oh my! Well, at least the laugh is on him; he won't be able to promote Barnabus without help from Support.