Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Updating your version

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 14, 2017
Hi all,
So, as most of you probably may know, KingsIsle has brought an update to pirate101, including a team up kiosk, party barge, and ship pvp. But I logged on, hoping to try out the new features, and I couldn't find anything. Is there something I need to do? I've tried to download the game again, and that did nothing. So am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sarcastic Danielle lvl 26
Serena lvl 22

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lucky Jack on Sep 16, 2017 wrote:
Hi all,
So, as most of you probably may know, KingsIsle has brought an update to pirate101, including a team up kiosk, party barge, and ship pvp. But I logged on, hoping to try out the new features, and I couldn't find anything. Is there something I need to do? I've tried to download the game again, and that did nothing. So am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Serena lvl 22
Welcome to the message boards, Lucky Jack. This update is currently in Test Realm, it's not yet ready to go "live", as in the game you normally play.
Just wait a little while longer, it should be really updating soon!

Ensign
Aug 17, 2017
Hi all,

Serena lvl 22
This is only for Test realm. Not Live realm. Sorry to disappoint you.

Salty Mark: Lvl 70
Silent Mark Morgan: Lvl 70

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Hi all,

Serena lvl 22
This is still in test realm. See that big red banner there at the top of the screen, just under my account? If you see that, click on it and load the test realm. All those things are in there letting us try them out and find any big bugs before it gets released into the wild.

If you don't see that, you're either not a member (unlikely if you're posting) or you've not bought crowns recently enough. Drop six bucks on a few crowns and download the test realm. Nothing that happens there will carry over to live, so feel free to drop your X in test realm without losing the place you've marked in the 'real' game.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Hi all,

Serena lvl 22
I'm sure this thread has received replies already, but I'll play the part of talkative skarakeet. The update you're referring to is currently in Test Realm, not in the live game. If you have a membership or have purchased crowns within the last 30 days you can download the Test Realm client here to try out the new features. Test Realm allows bugs and mistakes to be discovered by players before the update is added to the real game.

Welcome to the boards, by the way!

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
These features are currently only exclusive to the TEST version of the game. Test realm is a special version of the game that can only be accessed by active member or those who have made a purchase of $9.99 or more that includes all of the features being, well, currently tested. If you search up Pirate101 test realm on google you can probably find the download link there.

See you in the Spiral!
Alex the Pirate

Ensign
May 14, 2017
Hi all,

Serena lvl 22
Also, whether it may or may not help, I'm in Aussie country.I also find the summer pvp items are still there, and I'd like to get some spring pvp items. Is it to do with where I live?

-Sarcastic Danielle

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
Lucky Jack on Sep 17, 2017 wrote:
Also, whether it may or may not help, I'm in Aussie country.I also find the summer pvp items are still there, and I'd like to get some spring pvp items. Is it to do with where I live?

-Sarcastic Danielle
Due to KI being based in the US, the PvP items match the season that the US is currently in and it doesn't change depending where you are worldwide, if you want spring items you need to wait for late March until late June (which is spring for the US) to get them.

This can be complicated if you don't live in the US, but it really helps to have an US-based calendar with holidays and seasons so you have an idea when the temporary items become available.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lucky Jack on Sep 17, 2017 wrote:

-Sarcastic Danielle
PVP items rotate seasonally ( Northern Hemisphere ). Soon the Summer items will be phased out and the Fall items will replace them.

Ensign
May 14, 2017
Thank you everyone, I'll be sure to download the test realm. Thanks!

-Sarcastic Danielle Lvl 32