Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - Badges Badges Badges

AuthorMessage
Hi Pirates, it's Friday and that means it's time to chat.

Today, I'd like to talk about badges. Pirate101 has a unique feature where there are badges that give bonuses – like the glowy eyes for the Nefarious Sixth badge. This week, we’d like you to create a badge, tell us what you would have to do to get it, and what bonus would you get? The sky's the limit here!

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Have a fiery Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of crafty swordplay and sorcery here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the Spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Since the Nef five badge gives you glowing red eyes I think that if you get to the 100 kill mark the badge should give you glowing Blue eyes.

Or the Kane 100 kill badge should give you some kind of damage bonus against the clockworks

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
a new badge with bonuses eh? hmm. I think a good one would be "Master of Disguise". when you have it on you will turn into the most common enemy in the current area and the disguise would make it so you would not be pulled into battle allowing safe travel through dangerous areas. obviously it won't work with bosses or dungeons but it is great out in the open world. and how to earn it you would need to kill at least 50 of each enemy in each world. the 50 kill requirement is because you need to study the enemies so you can pull off a good disguise.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Badge: The Dreadnaught's Dread (or Dread of the Dreadnaught
How to Get: Defeat the Dreadnaught dungeon 25 times
Reward: A Haywire armada weapon corresponding to your class

Badge: Haywire Hero (ine)
How to Get: Defeat 100 Haywire Clockworks
Reward: A housing item of the head of a haywire clockwork
(Note: I assume haywire clockworks will be a bigger threat if they appear outside of the dreadnaught so the number may need to be upped)

And finally, on that I would really like to see:

Badge: Legendary Pirate
How to Get: Complete every single quest in the game
Reward: A gold glowing effect around the player that can be toggled on and off

I love collecting badges (in fact im probably gonna make a post about the rail inspector badge next), so I would welcome any sort of badge making its way into the wonderful world of Pirate101.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Been waiting to get that halo from Boot Hill as a badge effect, maybe something like

Guardian Angel: Heal 10 defeated pirates in battle
Reward: Halo effect

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I would like a cool badge and reward that will show the pirate made the honorable choice. The nefarious sixth stuff is cool but it is a badge of dishonor and I would love a badge of honor. I can't help it, I am an honorable pirate with just a touch of nefariousness.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Professor Falmea on Sep 8, 2017 wrote:

Today, I'd like to talk about badges. Pirate101 has a unique feature where there are badges that give bonuses – like the glowy eyes for the Nefarious Sixth badge. This week, we’d like you to create a badge, tell us what you would have to do to get it, and what bonus would you get? The sky's the limit here!

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Have a fiery Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of crafty swordplay and sorcery here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the Spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Why not add effects to existing badges? For example, a +5% or +10% gold boost added to the Expert Fortune Seeker badge, a sheriff's star for the Cool Ranch Marshal badge, or a crown for the Lord of the Jungle badge.

It would also be nice to have an on/off toggle for these bonuses. I'd like one of my pirates to use the Opposition Champion badge since it has a nice ring with her name, but I'm rather put off by the monkey mask.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016

hello professor falmea! its good to say hi again XD

I would create a badge called big baddie banisher! you have to complete each big final boss like rooke, kane, whatever twice. it would give you a sparkly or smokey affect around your character. like smoke would be slowly rising around your character, or your character would have sparkles rising around him or her.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Badge: The Crew's Captain
What you have to do: Get 100 companions
Bonus: Get to have 2 companions following you

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Could you retroactively give an effect to the "Stay Frosty" badge? I would like to be surrounded by my own snow flurry!
Or find 600+ treasure chests and get a "The Golden One" badge and have us in a continual shower of gold glitter!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

Ahoy there, Dalia! Pick up where we left off, shall we?

5 Year Medallion
Hey, do you remember the Marleybone Badges that say things like, "Victorious Service Medal" or something like that? Yeah, well I give you a similar Badge, but for being with Pirate101 for... eh... Let's just start with five years. I want to celebrate being five years old in the game.
What Do You Have to Do to Get it? Well, the only thing you "have to do", per se, is just stick around Pirate101 for five years.
What Bonus Would You Get? Hmm... This is a good question. Well, of course, you can show your "I've-been-around-for-five-years pride", which I consider a bonus, but what's something else? Hmm. *You can hear gears clicking in my head as I think. * How about... You automatically equip cool, green nautical-looking glasses, kind of like how when you equip the Badge, "Opposition Champion", you automatically equip a Monkey mask. How does that sound?
Diverteix-Te,
Et veuré a Skyways!

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
here is an idea I posted on twitter. "Field Medic." you need to have every single companion you have on Bed Rest and the bonus is having the crew recover from Bed Rest 10% faster.

Ensign
May 19, 2012
Badge Name: Fearless

What you have to do to earn it: Defeat 100 Scout Ships at Dreadnaught.

Reward: A wooden peg leg on your left foot and a Parrot on your right shoulder

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Badge Name: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Effect: Changes your appearance to a skeleton pirate

Requirement: Defeated 500 times

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Badges, Badges, Badges. I'm a huge badge fanatic and I just love it when you put in hard work to get a badge with a reward coming with it. I can tell you that I worked hard to defeat Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah and Gortez 25 times to recruit them and I even drank the Moo Manchurian elixir for the Nefarious Eyes. Here's my idea for a brand new badge that grants a reward.

Badge Name: Armada Re-programmer

What You Have To Do: Recruit all the Ashes of the Armada Pack Companions
(Side Note): Hear me out on this. Everyone loves pack companions. From my experience, the Armada companions seem to be the most popular ones to get right now. In my opinion, I feel like there should be some sort of reward for getting all of the Armada companions on your crew.

What You Would Gain From This Badge: The ability to transform into any of the Armada companions that you want. You'd be able to transform your pirate into the Armada Marine, Musketeer, Battle Angel, or Dragoon. Obviously, to make coding the attack animations easier, your disguise would be stripped off in combat, but after combat it'd come back on, sort of like Sivella where you're already dressed up as an Armada Marine when you finish your disguise.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 33 Musketeer-in-Training)
Merciless Toby Silver (Level 19 Buccaneer-in-Training)

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Some great ideas already! I love the halo effect, and the peg leg. However, my first thought went to the Alvin Maker series by Orson Scott Card. There was a character who was cursed with bloody hands that dripped everywhere he went until he told someone new the story of the slaughter he was responsible for. Our pirates have been responsible over the years for quite a bit of slaughter...

If that's too gory for the game, the effect could be changed to golden gloves for finding 1000 or 2500 Wooden Chests (we need more levels of Fortune Seeker!)

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
I can't think of anything, but I'd love some badges that give particles. I'd especially love some elemental effects.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I made a thread similar to this ages back: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-shipyards/badges-should-give-more-awards-8ad6a4255dea1ccd015dfd86b89229b4?page=1

I believe I asked for way too much, but here is a copy-paste of it bros:

Part 1:

DEFEATING ENEMIES BADGES:
Once you achieve the highest possible badge for defeating a certain enemy (i.e adder subtractor, clockwork destroyer, terror of the amber horder), you unlock a unique crown shop companion corresponding to that badge, and Gold, and a treasure map (see my other thread) that leads to a dungeon that yields cool armor (i.e Ophidian armor for adder-subtractor badge) or something.

SHIP BADGES:
Equipping certain ship badges will

1.) Give your ship a certain bonus (i.e speed, extra health, extra damage depending on the bade). Higher nautical badges mean higher bonuses. This would be good for ship PVP.

2.) Give your ship a cool aesthetic modification (i.e. a light glow, fire trail or something idk)

DUNGEON BADGES:
This is what I want most out of this thread. Some badges require a lot of effort, i.e. Bane of Kane, Master of Moo etc, and these should be given a very nice award(s). I will be specific:

Master of Moo
-Unqiue House available for gold/crowns. Will include a Big dojo and a small dojo, zen gardens, a tower, other mooshu architecture, a ninja pig training facility, and something mojo as Moo is a witch. 250K. Obtained by treasure map.
-Gold. 50K
-Moo Manchu Pet ( 3000 crowns) just cause.
-Nefarious Archer/Samoorai companions (crowns)
-Fire arms, makes your fists turn into fire when badge equipped. Also comes with nefarious eyes
-Some drop (free, not imperial gear, something totally new, not sure yet)

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Part 2:

Bane of Kane:
-Level 70 armada Galleon, however with your pirates flag. Obtained via treasure map. The color of the ships armor can be edited. Free
-40K gold.
-As above, some drop.
-3 unicorn companions like contessa unlocked in crown shop (7000+ crowns)
-Mechanical Eagle/Owl Mount (8000-10000 Crowns).
-Vision of Light. Glowing yellow eyes when badge equipped.

Arena Master? (sorry forgot the name, but 100 smugglers runs):

-20000 Scrip
-SCRIPTOP AS COMPANION! (10000 crowns, privy)
-Unique smuggler armor
-Glowing light blue eyes when badge equipped.
-Smugglers Hideout, an extension to housing with lots of rare artifacts across the spiral. Looks Cool. Free, obtained by treasure map
-Smugglers Stallion. A very large black horse, (size of solar saber). 12000 crowns + rare Very Very Fast speed bonus
-Smugglers Ship. 10000 crowns, nothing too special.

ORIGIN BADGES:
-Depending on where you are from, you can get some nice starter pack gifts. i.e. idk :P

Ignore any treasure maps claims above, that ties in with another irrelevant concept. Those things wont be "free" but at the same time can be obtained by gameplay rather than crowns. Also as I said, I think I asked for way too much, but a few ideas here and there would be nice to be seen in the game.

These are some really great ideas! Keep 'em coming!

FYI, while I doubt anyone will get to it when we're on Test Realm, there is a new badge with an effect in this update. Looking forward to seeing them pop up once we're on Live!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Professor Falmea on Sep 15, 2017 wrote:
These are some really great ideas! Keep 'em coming!

FYI, while I doubt anyone will get to it when we're on Test Realm, there is a new badge with an effect in this update. Looking forward to seeing them pop up once we're on Live!
Will you tell us then, or will we have to guess?

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Oh, buying crowns lets you post on the message boards. Cool. It's been a while.

Badge: Dread Pirate
Requirement: Sink 200 different ships in broadside combat. Board and defeat another 200.
Reward: +Ship damage, +Ship health.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 16, 2017 wrote:
Will you tell us then, or will we have to guess?
Given the clue about not having enough time in test, the effect is probably on the highest badge for doing Team Ups.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I know this one is asking for a lot of work and may be shot down but.............
I would LOVE a better way to search for badges. I can never find anything in there. Most times I have to click through them all looking for the one I want and I just hope my eyes don't glaze over with sensory overload and I miss it. Perhaps a way to alphabetize them or show them in reverse order of awarded. When I see the notification that I just earned a badge I would LOVE to be able to find it quickly and show it off to all.