Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

a question about the DDOSS attacks

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 20, 2013
As the site has been down for around 4 days is there any chance for the members to be considered something as they have missed out valuable time on their membership. For example, my membership runs out soon and really I have been having it wasted due to the hackers. Is it possible that us as members will be getting anything out of this as they have not been able to play the game?

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
ybco124 on Sep 4, 2017 wrote:
As the site has been down for around 4 days is there any chance for the members to be considered something as they have missed out valuable time on their membership. For example, my membership runs out soon and really I have been having it wasted due to the hackers. Is it possible that us as members will be getting anything out of this as they have not been able to play the game?
I was also thinking the same thing. My membership doesn't expire anytime soon, but I can see it from your perspective. These DDOS attacks are costing us valuable time that could have been spent questing or farming. I know where you're coming from, believe me, and I hope that these DDOS hackers get what they deserve for wasting our time, but I know Kingsisle is hard at work trying to get the Pirate101 servers back for us to play again and I thank them for their valiant efforts and hard work. Back to your topic, since the Pirate101 servers have been down for quite some time, I was thinking a possible membership extension would be nice. I'd like it if members got at least some compensation for the unfair down time caused by the DDOS attacks, as it is quite irritating buying a membership and not being able to use it due to the DDOS attacks, which Kingsisle had no control over. Maybe Kingsisle could compensate and give us members a few days of extra, free membership or maybe free crowns, or even a premium item. I feel your pain though, believe me. Also, welcome to the message boards and best of luck out there in the skyways.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 33 Musketeer-in-Training)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ybco124 on Sep 4, 2017 wrote:
Being off-line wasn't KingIsle's fault, so they don't owe you anything; however, perhaps they could add the 4 missing days to all memberships.