Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Over anylyzing the Producers Letter and Story

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Hello! This months producer's letter gave us some interesting hints on the upcoming update story wise and Im going to over anylyze the little details until I can tell you all of the possibilities for this new update. Thats right folks, we'll be looking at the color of balloons and, single words on the page, and even the models of the characters as we go in depth into this probably simple topic

1) The first thing to notice is that in the paragraph describing the story it is revealed that story updates for now will be released in episodes instead of as major story updates. This means that while we probably wont be seeing a level cap raise for a while we will be getting new story content to theororize about more frequently.

2) I wont go over everything in the paragraph since I only have 3000 character, but I would like to touch on the last sentence."you can help Avery SUCCEED" implies that, by the end of this excursion, according to the games lore Skull Island will be an official replublic.

Now onto the picture. This is where things get really juicy.

3) The location of the picture appears to be on either a boat or a dock. Could this be a new extension to the Skull Island docks or a chance to see Avery's own personal pirate ship?

4) The models of the characters here look oddly like the ambassadors we saw in Valencia. While this could just be KI pulling another Beachhead is the Machine, I'd like to think the reason for the names not being shown is to not reveal the surprise that we've already had encounters with most of these characters. The inclusion of a Polaris model (which I dont recall ever seeing in Wizard101) also adds more fuel to the fire that Polaris is the next world.

5) Considering the color of the balloons in the background being black, orange, and white, I would assume this indicates we are either getting an August release date as those are the colors of Arrrrgust (correct me if Im wrong on this) or and October release date as those could also be Halloween colors.
(EDIT: Obviously August is over past me. I meant to say October again for a Pirate101 birthday release)
Im really excited to see what this update holds and would love to here all of your thoughts on this topic. Thats all I have to say for now and see you in the spiral!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Aug 26, 2017 wrote:
Hello! This months producer's letter gave us some interesting hints on the upcoming update story wise and Im going to over anylyze the little details until I can tell you all of the possibilities for this new update. Thats right folks, we'll be looking at the color of balloons and, single words on the page, and even the models of the characters as we go in depth into this probably simple topic

1) The first thing to notice is that in the paragraph describing the story it is revealed that story updates for now will be released in episodes instead of as major story updates. This means that while we probably wont be seeing a level cap raise for a while we will be getting new story content to theororize about more frequently.

2) I wont go over everything in the paragraph since I only have 3000 character, but I would like to touch on the last sentence."you can help Avery SUCCEED" implies that, by the end of this excursion, according to the games lore Skull Island will be an official replublic.

Now onto the picture. This is where things get really juicy.

3) The location of the picture appears to be on either a boat or a dock. Could this be a new extension to the Skull Island docks or a chance to see Avery's own personal pirate ship?

4) The models of the characters here look oddly like the ambassadors we saw in Valencia. While this could just be KI pulling another Beachhead is the Machine, I'd like to think the reason for the names not being shown is to not reveal the surprise that we've already had encounters with most of these characters. The inclusion of a Polaris model (which I dont recall ever seeing in Wizard101) also adds more fuel to the fire that Polaris is the next world.

5) Considering the color of the balloons in the background being black, orange, and white, I would assume this indicates we are either getting an August release date as those are the colors of Arrrrgust (correct me if Im wrong on this) or and October release date as those could also be Halloween colors.
(EDIT: Obviously August is over past me. I meant to say October again for a Pirate101 birthday release)
Im really excited to see what this update holds and would love to here all of your thoughts on this topic. Thats all I have to say for now and see you in the spiral!
The dock does seem to be a new area, but if you look in the far background, you'll see what seems to be part of one of Skull Islands bastions.
Now the West bastion is currently the area where you find the Musketeer's Roost & the gondola that takes you to Bestia. Whereas, the East bastion is where Chief Gunner Rigby is standing. I would guess that the East bastion is depicted in the picture.
The Polarian Ambassador - this model is very familiar to me; I've fought plenty of this type in W101's Polaris outside of the mines ( ugh, what a battle they were! )
This update seems to hint that it will be part of Pirate101's Birth-O-Ween celebrations ( so look for it happening around the second week of October!