Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - Funny Weapons

AuthorMessage
Hey Pirates! It's Friday and it's time to chat about something new!

On KI Live yesterday, @JellyQuin asked us a fantastic question - what is the funniest weapon in the game? I would like to pose this one to everyone else as well. My follow up would be - if you could create a new "funny" weapon, what would it be?

If you want to know my answer, you'll have to check out the replay of KI Live when it's posted. ::grin:: To be quite honest, I know you can all do better than my on-the-spot answer, so I can't wait to read your suggestions below!

May the winds be kind this weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of crafty swordplay and sorcery here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the Spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Professor Falmea on Aug 25, 2017 wrote:

On KI Live yesterday, @JellyQuin asked us a fantastic question - what is the funniest weapon in the game? I would like to pose this one to everyone else as well. My follow up would be - if you could create a new "funny" weapon, what would it be?

If you want to know my answer, you'll have to check out the replay of KI Live when it's posted. ::grin:: To be quite honest, I know you can all do better than my on-the-spot answer, so I can't wait to read your suggestions below!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of crafty swordplay and sorcery here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the Spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
In the post "Food Fight: retopic" I suggested a Thanksgiving inspired weapon - a large Turkey leg as a smashy weapon.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I wanted to continue the theme of Monty python with the mount, so I would say "the holy hand grenade of Marleynoch" it would look kind of like the wand you get from the mb dungeon where you save the queen. it would be a one time use but it would defeat everything no matter the health, resist or lvl. we would see a countdown also that goes, 1...2...5!(bonnies voice) three sir three!..3! then we would throw it and boom! the rabbit, er uh enemies would be destroyed. that is my dream weapon

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I really like the idea of a giant spoon and fork, or maybe a giant fork and knife. If I am hunting batacuda why not eat them when i am done.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
the funniest weapon currently in existence right now? I think is the Broken Bottle. it's so funny yet so original. as for a funny weapon I want to create? I think having Finger Guns would be funny. you have both your hands posed as double barrel pistols and when you shoot them, instead of sparks shooting out, the word BANG! would appear for each shot you do and damage the target(s).

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
probably some pun weapons like a sword fish, hammer shark, a holiday weapon that is called seasons beatings some weapons that generate random sounds that don't fit at all.

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
Throwable fish so we can imitate Catbeard! (Or just simply fish crossbows)

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012

Hi I've got two ideas the first a flower sword you hit your enemies with thorns and pollen and make them sneeze into submission the second is a noodle whip you can attack your enemies with it or if you forgot to buy food you just heat up some water and voila you have soup

Ensign
Aug 26, 2016
A rubber chicken, a banana peel that you smack people with, and maybe a gun that shoots yum-yum fruit.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oh my goodness, so many awesome & imaginative replies: here's one weapon that has been asked for repeatedly - Please add El Kaboing's Guitar as a drop!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

How about a boombox weapon and the loud beats hurt the enemy's ears? L.O.L., I have yet to see that!

(Post Edit: You can also, if you get close enough to the enemy, hit them with the boombox like Nurse Quinn with her medical kit or Gracie Conrad with her wrench! )

Captain
Apr 24, 2016

a giant turkey leg! or a noodle whip like silver swordcoral said.

OOH! I want a bowl of fish, like catbeard holds, make it a shooty type weapon, and the critical animations would be catbeard's critical animations!

this isn't food related, but I want like a fallen tree branch as a weapon.

and my favorite funny weapon, is the broken bottle

Ensign
Aug 30, 2010
I just thought of one as I read the question. A slinky. Probably the original metal one. Idle, you play with it from hand to hand. When you cast you toss the one end from your right hand, it coils out and smacks the enemy and then comes back to your hand. Balance weapon? after all you move it from hand to hand in a balanced way.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
agreed anercorbie! and all of these other ideas sound like so much fun xD if Ratbeard lets us hang up weapons i'm definately making a fun room with pillows and all these goofy weapons too.. toy trains and goofiest pets and mounts.. cant wait lol :3

hmm.. different types needed on pirate101 since coding.. well here goes xD
1)smashy types- a giant patchwork pillow that sends feathers flying as it hits, giant balloon mallet w/ cartoon "bonk" clouds, giant cymbals crash opponent between them(stash on back like a shield?)
2)shooty types- a potato gun shoots french fries, confetti cannon backpack, twin set marshmallow shooters
3)staffy types- a monkey paw wand rains banana piles, giant bubble wand
4)slashy type- a giant football-fan styled sponge hand with #1 on it(combo version has giant bucket of theater popcorn.. try not to spill it lol)
5)stabby type- chopsticks or kabob squewers, giant carrots(stash crossed on back like nefarious?)

this was a fun question kudos to the person who shared it on kilive, and tyvm for letting us post on it too <3

stormy jen silver

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
1. Blubbertusk's fish weapon [from Rise&Destroy] (slashy weapon)

2. A floating ball of yarn [from AlphaCats] (shooty weapon)

3. Bjorn Bjork's frying pan [from Everclicker] (smashy weapon)

4. A wand that has treasure cards floating around it [from Wizard101] (staffy weapon)

5. Eyecaramba's maracas [from Grub Guardian] (stabby weapon)

6. Boxing gloves (slashy weapon)

7. Mop and bucket (staffy weapon)

8. Wooden popgun (shooty weapon)

9. A treasure chest (smashy weapon)

10. Armada action figures (stabby weapon)

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
stormyjensilverdra... on Aug 27, 2017 wrote:
agreed anercorbie! and all of these other ideas sound like so much fun xD if Ratbeard lets us hang up weapons i'm definately making a fun room with pillows and all these goofy weapons too.. toy trains and goofiest pets and mounts.. cant wait lol :3

hmm.. different types needed on pirate101 since coding.. well here goes xD
1)smashy types- a giant patchwork pillow that sends feathers flying as it hits, giant balloon mallet w/ cartoon "bonk" clouds, giant cymbals crash opponent between them(stash on back like a shield?)
2)shooty types- a potato gun shoots french fries, confetti cannon backpack, twin set marshmallow shooters
3)staffy types- a monkey paw wand rains banana piles, giant bubble wand
4)slashy type- a giant football-fan styled sponge hand with #1 on it(combo version has giant bucket of theater popcorn.. try not to spill it lol)
5)stabby type- chopsticks or kabob squewers, giant carrots(stash crossed on back like nefarious?)

this was a fun question kudos to the person who shared it on kilive, and tyvm for letting us post on it too <3

stormy jen silver
you always come up with the best ideas, jen!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Amber ShadowWalker on Aug 27, 2017 wrote:
I just thought of one as I read the question. A slinky. Probably the original metal one. Idle, you play with it from hand to hand. When you cast you toss the one end from your right hand, it coils out and smacks the enemy and then comes back to your hand. Balance weapon? after all you move it from hand to hand in a balanced way.
I think it would also make a funny pet! Can you imagine a giant slinky following you around and making that "shhhink, shhhink" sound?

Ensign
Dec 18, 2010
I don't know why, but for some reason I wanna see a whip like weapon, though to make it interesting...
Make it a snake used as a whip! I could think of a few funny attack animations for it, plus maybe when idle the snake could just hang out on your arm, maybe dance whenever you kill someone.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
I like the idea of finger guns and a slinky a lot! My choices of silly wepons are
Smashy - Squeaky mallet or sticky hand
Shooty - Water gun or finger guns
Slashy - Light Saber or a giant feather
Stabby - Lego or cactus sword (Not really sure what would be good for a silly stabby weapon)
Staffy - Bubble wand or a honey dipper that summons bees to attack your target and a distant voice shouts "Not the bees!"

Smashy/Slashy - Pool noodle or stuffed animal

Smashy/Stabby - Violin and it's bow
Stabby/Staffy - A colored pencil
Slashy/Stabby - Those really cheap foam swords

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
I'm gonna reply to this thread because it seems fun, so here I go! I'll create a weapon for all 5 Pirate101 classes, so here are my ideas. For Swashbucklers (Stabby) I'd create a set of stabby car keys because I think fighting the Armada with a set of keys is hilarious. For Privateers (Slashy/Smashy) I'd create a T.V. Remote. For Witchdoctors (Staffy) I'd create a staff out or Celery. Yes, Celery the vegetable. The Celery is even the correct Witchdoctor color, green. Just casting spells with a stalk of Celery would make my day. For Musketeers (Shooty) I'd create a basic standard water gun. A toy water gun is so funny and yet so original and besides, blasting the Armada with water will most likely cause them to short circuit and blow up. Finally, we get to my favorite weapon, Buccaneer (Full Smashy). For the full smashy Buccaneer pirates out there, I'd create a tennis racket, because then I can tell Kane that he "Got Served" after I defeat him.
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 31 Musketeer-in-Training)

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
my boyfriend made some really good pun weapons. The buckshot shoots dollar coins and the Gratesword a sword shaped cheese grater.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
thedragonpirate245... on Aug 27, 2017 wrote:
you always come up with the best ideas, jen!
blushes aw shucks lol but really i'm loving this thread and wish i could drag more of ya'll into it! love the car keys and pool noodle and violin? absolutely! plus all the great ones before mine :3

cheese gratesword lololol where's valkoor the victorious? i might poke him on twitter.. great thread :3

stormy jen silver

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I think a concertina (a little accordion) would be both funny and piratey. I'd have it be a smashy/staffy weapon. I would want to see a melee smashing hit and a ranged attack where the end stretches out to hit the enemy, slinky like. And music can be magical.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I say there should be an epic weapon made for the fourth of July. It shall be called, the 'Murican Rocket Shooter.

It looks like a cannon-gun thing that has a firework on the end of it, decked out in American flag décor. It works just like any other shooty weapon. Its critical hit summons a bald eagle and creates a wave of FREEDOM over the enemies, destroying them. And, it must cost 1776 crowns.

These are super great! I love the ideas that pull from existing items in the Sprial like El Kaboing's guitar, and the idea of finger guns is making me giggle. A lot. I would single out more but there are SO MANY great ideas here, Pirates!

Let's change the topic to mounts. What do you think is the funniest MOUNT in game, and if you could hoodo a new, funny one up, what would it be?