Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

9/11 Ceremony 2017.

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
9/11 Ceremony 2017
If you remember for the past 5 years I've hosted a 9/11 ceremony in honor of all those who lost their lives on that tragic day, and every year it was a big success and got allot of positive feedback as well (thanks to all of you for that by the way, I really appreciate it). Well now I'm gonna go ahead and get a head-start and make the thread for the 2015 9/11 ceremony. To see the past 9/11 ceremonies, just follow the links in their respective years below:

Pirate101 2013
Wizard101 2015
Wizard101 2016

The Premise

The premise of this ceremony is to honor all of those who lost their lives on that fateful day, and to remind everyone that they'll still remain in our hearts for generations to come. It's also to honor all of those first responders who helped save a ton of additional lives as well also.
What We'll Do

What we'll do is parade around part of Skull Island on foot, starting from Circus Maximus, and eventually ending in in my Volcano Island house, where we'll give speeches and thoughts on the Ceremony and also the actual day/event that occurred all of those years ago as well. We'll be doing this in realm Vadima.
The Path

I'll bet you're all wondering what path we'll take. Well it goes like this: we'll start in Circus Maximus, since that's near the beginning of the world, and the rest will be as followed:

Circus Maximus -> Bestia -> Avery's Court -> Skull Mountain -> Skull Cave -> Skull Island (Zone) -> Ancient Tunnels -> Skull Island Docks.

More info in the later posts.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Saturday, September 9, 2017.
3:30 PM PST
4:30 PM MST
5:30 PM CST

6:30 PM EST

Why Am I Hosting This?

The reason I'm hosting this is to not only honor the fallen, but also remind everyone that even though they're gone from this world physically, they shall never be gone spiritually from our hearts and minds.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Extra Notes

Like every year I do not mean any disrespect to anyone by hosting this event. I only mean to honor the fallen and to deliver the message I stated above. I will need some volunteers to help me with keeping everything under control; about 2-3 or so Helpers should be enough for this, so if you're interested in helping me out post here.

Guest Speakers will go up to the podium and say a few words about the date to the crowd. Once they're done, if there's still enough time left (and if people aren't getting too impatient about it as well), then we'll see if non-registered Guest Speakers can come up to the podium and speak. Post here if you're interested in becoming a Guest Speaker for this event.

The reason why the end is at my house is so that everything can be controlled better, as over the years of hosting this I've noticed that while hosting this in a public location is nice and all, it's too easy for trolls to come in and just ruin everything. By having this hosted in my house I can help limit that as best I can by ultimately kicking/removing people who try to act up like that.

I know some might think I'm being disrespectful by hosting this kind of event, but I'm honestly not trying to be. I just mean to honor all of those who gave up their lives trying to protect us during that fateful day and to also remind everyone that they'll always be in our hearts and minds forever. Also, if you'd like to take pictures and/or videos of this event, then please feel free to do so as well.

Since the Wizard101 version of this event is hosted on the actual day, the Pirate101 version of this event will be held two days before it to prevent confusion between events.

Thank you so much for your time, as I really appreciate it.

Host: flash33 (Seth)
Helpers:
Guest Speakers:

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
flash33 on Aug 23, 2017 wrote:
Extra Notes

Like every year I do not mean any disrespect to anyone by hosting this event. I only mean to honor the fallen and to deliver the message I stated above. I will need some volunteers to help me with keeping everything under control; about 2-3 or so Helpers should be enough for this, so if you're interested in helping me out post here.

Guest Speakers will go up to the podium and say a few words about the date to the crowd. Once they're done, if there's still enough time left (and if people aren't getting too impatient about it as well), then we'll see if non-registered Guest Speakers can come up to the podium and speak. Post here if you're interested in becoming a Guest Speaker for this event.

The reason why the end is at my house is so that everything can be controlled better, as over the years of hosting this I've noticed that while hosting this in a public location is nice and all, it's too easy for trolls to come in and just ruin everything. By having this hosted in my house I can help limit that as best I can by ultimately kicking/removing people who try to act up like that.

I know some might think I'm being disrespectful by hosting this kind of event, but I'm honestly not trying to be. I just mean to honor all of those who gave up their lives trying to protect us during that fateful day and to also remind everyone that they'll always be in our hearts and minds forever. Also, if you'd like to take pictures and/or videos of this event, then please feel free to do so as well.

Since the Wizard101 version of this event is hosted on the actual day, the Pirate101 version of this event will be held two days before it to prevent confusion between events.

Thank you so much for your time, as I really appreciate it.

Host: flash33 (Seth)
Helpers:
Guest Speakers:
This ceremony sounds great and I'm glad we're honoring the fallen during 9/11. I would love to be a helper or a guest speaker.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Rules

Like all events, this one has rules that you should know and follow.

1. Mounts are forbidden in this event. If you get lost from the group then you can use your mount to catch up to us, but that's the only exception, and you must dismount once you've caught back up to us (don't use this as an excuse to continue using your mount during the event).
2. For outfits I would like for you to dress in all Black or White, at least for the Base. The Trim can be any color you want, though I would prefer if it was a dark or light color like Dark Purple or Grey for example.
3. For pets, I would like it to be something that represents Life and Remembrance like a North Wind Lion, Celestial Dragon or an Ostrich in a Pear Tree for example. Wands and badges follow this same rule (i.e. no Undead-like wands or badges).
4. No cursing or foul language.
5. No rude, mean or any other disrespectful behavior.
6. All Pirate101 Central and Pirate101 rules apply (you may say your Pirate101 Central name in-game though, as I don't see a problem with that).
7. Stay with the group as much as you can.
8. Listen to me and my Helpers.
9. Helpers, don't abuse your position to bully and/or harass other players.
10. Anyone can come to this event, regardless of whether or not they have an account on this site. If they don't have an account here and/or are just unaware of this event here in general, then just make sure that they're aware of the rules ahead of time.
11. If some of us get caught in a battle, then we wait until they're done (this was a problem for the first year, where some of us got caught, and the rest of the group went on, causing confusion).
12. You must have access to at least these areas of Skull Island.
13. For chat, at least have Text Chat, so you can hear what everyone is saying.
14. If you would like to speak, then please say so so that I can add you to the Guest Speakers list. This way it's all organized as to who speaks and who doesn't.
15. Have fun.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
flash33 on Aug 26, 2017 wrote:
Rules

1. Mounts are forbidden in this event. If you get lost from the group then you can use your mount to catch up to us, but that's the only exception, and you must dismount once you've caught back up to us (don't use this as an excuse to continue using your mount during the event).
2. For outfits I would like for you to dress in all Black or White, at least for the Base. The Trim can be any color you want, though I would prefer if it was a dark or light color like Dark Purple or Grey for example.
3. For pets, I would like it to be something that represents Life and Remembrance like a North Wind Lion, Celestial Dragon or an Ostrich in a Pear Tree for example. Wands and badges follow this same rule (i.e. no Undead-like wands or badges).
6. All Pirate101 Central and Pirate101 rules apply (you may say your Pirate101 Central name in-game though, as I don't see a problem with that).
10. Anyone can come to this event, regardless of whether or not they have an account on this site. If they don't have an account here and/or are just unaware of this event here in general, then just make sure that they're aware of the rules ahead of time.
11. If some of us get caught in a battle, then we wait until they're done (this was a problem for the first year, where some of us got caught, and the rest of the group went on, causing confusion).
14. If you would like to speak, then please say so so that I can add you to the Guest Speakers list. This way it's all organized as to who speaks and who doesn't.
15. Have fun.
Like I mentioned earlier, I would like to speak or to be a helper. Please let me know what I can do (by the way, I'm already concocting a speech in advance).

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
flash33 on Aug 26, 2017 wrote:
Rules

15. Have fun.
I would love to attend. but I may not be able to.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Helpful Aurora Par... on Aug 26, 2017 wrote:
Like I mentioned earlier, I would like to speak or to be a helper. Please let me know what I can do (by the way, I'm already concocting a speech in advance).
Helpers are people who help me keep the event running smoothly by making sure everyone knows where to go, when to stop (if someone gets caught) and making sure that everyone behaves themselves both during the march and at the closing ceremony as well.

Guest speakers are people who give a short speech at the closing ceremony. After I finish with my initial thoughts about the march and experience with the event it's based on I will call on the guest speakers to come up one at a time to speak.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
flash33 on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
Helpers are people who help me keep the event running smoothly by making sure everyone knows where to go, when to stop (if someone gets caught) and making sure that everyone behaves themselves both during the march and at the closing ceremony as well.

Guest speakers are people who give a short speech at the closing ceremony. After I finish with my initial thoughts about the march and experience with the event it's based on I will call on the guest speakers to come up one at a time to speak.
Although the role of a Helper defines what I always try to do in the game, I think I'll be a Guest Speaker instead, if I'm able to come. Thank you, by the way, for responding to my reply!

Diverteix-Te,
Et veuré a Skyways!

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
flash33 on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:

I'd love to be a helper or a guest speaker. We all need to understand that the people who lost their lives in the 9/11 disaster are never forgotten from our hearts and that their spirits live on inside us. I will do whatever possible to help with the 9/11 ceremony.
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 32 Musketeer-in-Training)

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
flash33 on Aug 22, 2017 wrote:
9/11 Ceremony 2017
If you remember for the past 5 years I've hosted a 9/11 ceremony in honor of all those who lost their lives on that tragic day, and every year it was a big success and got allot of positive feedback as well (thanks to all of you for that by the way, I really appreciate it). Well now I'm gonna go ahead and get a head-start and make the thread for the 2015 9/11 ceremony. To see the past 9/11 ceremonies, just follow the links in their respective years below:

Pirate101 2013
Wizard101 2015
Wizard101 2016

The Premise

The premise of this ceremony is to honor all of those who lost their lives on that fateful day, and to remind everyone that they'll still remain in our hearts for generations to come. It's also to honor all of those first responders who helped save a ton of additional lives as well also.
What We'll Do

What we'll do is parade around part of Skull Island on foot, starting from Circus Maximus, and eventually ending in in my Volcano Island house, where we'll give speeches and thoughts on the Ceremony and also the actual day/event that occurred all of those years ago as well. We'll be doing this in realm Vadima.
The Path

I'll bet you're all wondering what path we'll take. Well it goes like this: we'll start in Circus Maximus, since that's near the beginning of the world, and the rest will be as followed:

Circus Maximus -> Bestia -> Avery's Court -> Skull Mountain -> Skull Cave -> Skull Island (Zone) -> Ancient Tunnels -> Skull Island Docks.

More info in the later posts.
well, I'm starting school soon, so idk if ill be able to attend.

if I do attend, I have a hedgehog, a hammerhead, a corrupted dragon, too ghosts, a bunnicorn, and a Everest yeti, which pet should I use? I am guessing the yeti, but idk.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
thedragonpirate245... on Sep 1, 2017 wrote:
well, I'm starting school soon, so idk if ill be able to attend.

if I do attend, I have a hedgehog, a hammerhead, a corrupted dragon, too ghosts, a bunnicorn, and a Everest yeti, which pet should I use? I am guessing the yeti, but idk.
Between these pets definitely not the corrupted dragon or ghosts. The others are fine though.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
crimsonreaper5 on Sep 1, 2017 wrote:
I'd love to be a helper or a guest speaker. We all need to understand that the people who lost their lives in the 9/11 disaster are never forgotten from our hearts and that their spirits live on inside us. I will do whatever possible to help with the 9/11 ceremony.
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 32 Musketeer-in-Training)
If you'd like you can be both a helper and guest speaker; the choice is yours.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
flash33 on Sep 2, 2017 wrote:
If you'd like you can be both a helper and guest speaker; the choice is yours.
Wait - you can be both? I'd love to be both. The "Helper" position matches what I always try to do, and I have a speech.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Just a reminder that Saturday is the start of the 9/11 Ceremony. See you there.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
flash33 on Sep 8, 2017 wrote:
Hopefully I can make it! I'm hoping I can!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
flash33 on Sep 8, 2017 wrote:
Yes!

As you can tell by that statement above, I am able to make it.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Just letting you know that I'm going to log on in about 15 minutes. I've already got my okay-to-use Pets, Badges, outfits, Weapons (I'm using an umbrella, and I did that on purpose because umbrellas are never used as weapons in real life, LOL, so it'll look normal), and speech.

I already practiced my speech in my House with my friend and made some changes and edits, so hopefully I can be a speaker at the event.

You'll see my Pet Imperial Lion (Peanut) that is light and cheery. I'll also be bringing my friend. Don't worry: He never swears and never says inappropriate material. He's also very funny. As he's not on the Message Boards, he may not be a Helper or Guest Speaker, but no doubt he will attend.

I hope this goes well and I hope I can speak, also! I'm excited to honor the fallen of the attack during 9/11.

Diverteix-Te,
Et veuré a Skyways!

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
I want to say thank you to everyone who showed up to march with me today and stuck with it despite the connection issues near the end of it. I can safely say that this years event was a success. I hope you see you for the Wizard101 version of the march on Monday. Take care all.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
flash33 on Sep 9, 2017 wrote:
I want to say thank you to everyone who showed up to march with me today and stuck with it despite the connection issues near the end of it. I can safely say that this years event was a success. I hope you see you for the Wizard101 version of the march on Monday. Take care all.
Yes, it was quite a success. Thank you to Seth (Level 70 Witchdoctor/Flash33), Jack Nightingale (Level 70 Buccaneer/Sparticus32), and also Fearless Griffin Davenport (although he couldn't stay the whole time, unfortunately), who isn't a Message Board Marauder but he came as my friend. Thank you to everyone - and especially you, Seth, for making this actually become possible!

I will try to make sure I can come next year, if you host another one.

Diverteix-Te,
Et veuré a Skyways!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
R.I.P to the 9/11 Souls...

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Thank you for posting this, it really means a lot. My father is a Firefighter and he was almost sent to new york to assist. May the people and firemen lost on 9/11 rest in peace.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Typo fix lol, My dad was almost sent to new york on 9/11 to help out, but some other guy went instead.