Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

About the in development update...

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Hello! I've been inactive from these forums for way to long and I think that now would be a good time to come with the new of a pirate update currently in development that came with KI live (er, not live) a few days ago. A few hints were dropped during it and I haven't seen much discussion concerning it so I thought I would make a post talking about it. The direct quote from the video is,"We are working on adding on a new pirate update and we are working on adding some new things. I would would say something that will bring people together, and some things that may cause a little bit of conflict." I was wondering if anyone out there has any idea to what this could mean or any clue of what this could mean for the future of the game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:
Hello! I've been inactive from these forums for way to long and I think that now would be a good time to come with the new of a pirate update currently in development that came with KI live (er, not live) a few days ago. A few hints were dropped during it and I haven't seen much discussion concerning it so I thought I would make a post talking about it. The direct quote from the video is,"We are working on adding on a new pirate update and we are working on adding some new things. I would would say something that will bring people together, and some things that may cause a little bit of conflict." I was wondering if anyone out there has any idea to what this could mean or any clue of what this could mean for the future of the game.
I believe that this means we might be getting a team-up kiosk & maybe team Ranked PVP + Tournaments.

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
Conflict? I'm hoping it means conflict with new enemies and not conflict between the players

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
The bringing people together bit could be referring to a Team-Up Kiosk. That would literally bring people together to provide assistance.

The conflict part could refer to many things. Ship PvP, a new boss, or something else entirely. A lot of things can cause conflict.

However, because Falmea specifically mentioned "people" in her sentence, I'm thinking the conflict is more likely to be PvP based. Conflict between players vs. creatures in the game. We'll see I guess!

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Vanessa Mythdust on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:
The bringing people together bit could be referring to a Team-Up Kiosk. That would literally bring people together to provide assistance.

The conflict part could refer to many things. Ship PvP, a new boss, or something else entirely. A lot of things can cause conflict.

However, because Falmea specifically mentioned "people" in her sentence, I'm thinking the conflict is more likely to be PvP based. Conflict between players vs. creatures in the game. We'll see I guess!
That is about my take on it. Although the creation of a daily quest could also bring people together, the idea of a team up board has been out there for a long time, even with discussions of where to locate it and what it ought to look like. I am partial to near the Skull Island docks, not far from the Portalator and the Bazaar, but not resetting your life fountain (as an Avery Court location would do). Those areas near the water are nice and roomy, and not usually very busy.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Vanessa Mythdust on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:

LOL. Was literally thinking the same thing.

Bringing people together is very likely a Team Up Kiosk.

I think the "creating conflict" will introduce ship PvP. It has been on KI's 'to do list' for awhile now.

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-spar-chamber/ship-vs-ship-8ad6a417407c197e0140931969594122/8ad6a41441e48f730142290054f94460?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a41441e48f730142290054f94460

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Conflict, probably as in skeletal key bosses!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
DariusMusk on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:
Conflict, probably as in skeletal key bosses!
Oh man, I hope so....not just for the bosses, but we all know what those bosses bring with them right????

SPOILER ALERT:

Good loot and great loot!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I kind of liked seeing their report from the grounds of KingsIsle HQ. I think it would be nice if they did more of them. Office environments seem so sterile.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I hope it be something Adventurous!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Ensign
Dec 11, 2012
I very much wish this would be a new world but we have to face reality sometimes as I think a team up kiosk is ideal for bringing pirates together and a little conflict is probably some type of pvp or a special boss but who knows there is a chance of anything happening and who knows it could be a new world but that will most likely come down the road

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
lava rocker on Aug 3, 2017 wrote:
I very much wish this would be a new world but we have to face reality sometimes as I think a team up kiosk is ideal for bringing pirates together and a little conflict is probably some type of pvp or a special boss but who knows there is a chance of anything happening and who knows it could be a new world but that will most likely come down the road
Welcome to the message boards, lava rocker!