Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Catbeard and Gracie Conrad Promotions

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Will we ever be told why Catbeard and Gracie have a good promotion, and a promotion so early on after we recruit them?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 1, 2017 wrote:
Will we ever be told why Catbeard and Gracie have a good promotion, and a promotion so early on after we recruit them?
KI writers didn't have time for a story promotion, and I think others will be getting quest promotion in the coming ( soon, please! ) update. ( Like Monkey King! )

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 1, 2017 wrote:
All companions are created differently, as Ratbeard has told us. Promotion quests take a LOT more effort than gold promotions -- they need to be scripted, voiced, drawn, animated, programmed, etc. With the changes to staffing at Kingsisle over the years, such manpower has not been available as was during the design and birth of the game.

We need to cherish the promotion quests we do have, as we may never see their like again...

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
KI writers didn't have time for a story promotion, and I think others will be getting quest promotion in the coming ( soon, please! ) update. ( Like Monkey King! )
While they probably didn't have time I just don't see why the put in promotions for them now anyway, it's kinda early for them to receive a promotion so they should just worry about it later

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
I would have preferred Monkey King to have gotten a promotion before Gracie and Catbeard. It just felt too early for them.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
gamerman129 on Jul 4, 2017 wrote:
I would have preferred Monkey King to have gotten a promotion before Gracie and Catbeard. It just felt too early for them.
I agree if anything monkey king should've gotten a paid promotion

Plus how come they gave so little side quest companions gold promotions when there are numerous models already available for them and they are overdue to promote