Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A little advice, please?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
I am level 55, and doing the quest Yak in Business (Where you have to do Sato's dungeon).

Am I ready for MarleyBone at that level? Or do I need to do Mooshu side quests? Thanks!

Misty

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
Before Marleybone was added into the game, the max level was level 50. So if you are around level 50 (not too much lower than one or two levels) then you should do just fine in Marleybone. If you need help with anything you can always ask on the message boards or see if anyone in Avery's Court is willing to help. I know I will be willing to help anybody with anything.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Stalwart Queen on Jun 27, 2017 wrote:
I am level 55, and doing the quest Yak in Business (Where you have to do Sato's dungeon).

Am I ready for MarleyBone at that level? Or do I need to do Mooshu side quests? Thanks!

Misty
You are at a good level for Marleybone, but a few side quests wouldn't hurt - the higher you and your companions levels are, the better off you will be.
You will be facing mainly musketeers in Marleybone plus a few bucklers and bucks.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It sounds like you are an okay level for what you are doing. It really can depend on how you play. If you know your way around the game, and use your attacks and crew well, you might be able to take on places at a lower level than others. Same, if you are good working with others in teams. If you are soloing, or maybe selected poor crew epics and talents, or don't boost attacks effectively, you might need a higher level. The only way to know is to try it out. If you generally win your fights, have fun, and don't lose too many crew, you are probably doing fine. It's normal to sometimes lose one or two in a tough fight. If you are running out of healthy crew, loosing a lot and not having fun, might want to level more. If it seems too easy and even the worst of your crew defeats anything that tries to touch them, you might be overpowered, and can lay off on side quests and crew promotions for a bit.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
Thanks guys! I normally have a good time dealing with enemies, and haven't lost a companion in a while.

My team consists of Kan Po, Shiruku Neko, and Atohr (The buccaneer grizzly companion).
Sometimes, when I feel they are not doing well, I will exchange them for Ratbeard, Bonnie Anne, and Lucky Jack Russell. These seem like good companions to me, but do you think these companions will get me through MarleyBone?

See you in the skyways!
Misty

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thanks guys! I normally have a good time dealing with enemies, and haven't lost a companion in a while.

My team consists of Kan Po, Shiruku Neko, and Atohr (The buccaneer grizzly companion).
Sometimes, when I feel they are not doing well, I will exchange them for Ratbeard, Bonnie Anne, and Lucky Jack Russell. These seem like good companions to me, but do you think these companions will get me through MarleyBone?

See you in the skyways!
Misty
Yes, these are all good choices for a WD team; especially Bonnie. Having a musket as part of your team is important.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009

See you in the skyways!
Misty
I always prefer to be over-leveled, and it sounds like you are right at the point where Marleybone will be a little challenging for you. I think you will make the transition fine.

Also, I normally advise people to not get complacent running with a set team of companions -- I find random teams to be more fun, but it's up to you. Things change from world to world, so if you aren't using any second-string companions, will you know what you need against stronger enemies with more Epic Talents who take out your A-Team?

Now, Aquila....

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It sounds like you are in good shape. Fear not!

Ensign
Jul 08, 2016
i am a level 53 yet i can't get past the first dungeon Any suggestions
P.S I am a witch doctor if that helps

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Patdog307441 on Jul 22, 2017 wrote:
i am a level 53 yet i can't get past the first dungeon Any suggestions
P.S I am a witch doctor if that helps
The Warehouse to rescue Swiget's nephew? Yeah, that's a tough one. I was about your level ( maybe a bit higher ) when I encountered it.
Well, if you don't want to do side quests to raise your level to 55 and get a new power, then I suggest that you use your toughest, strongest melee companions to get in there and whop the stuffings out of the musketeers.
Ratbeard is excellent for this. So are any of the Presidio companions. ( Lucky Jack, Birgus, Dead Mike, Milo or Gaspard. ) Kan Po can be an asset as well.
Using El Toro in this situation is better than Old Scratch as he can boost the entire team. And he has the Jump talent which means he can get behind any blocked area on the battle board.
Or find a team-up to get help.
Good Luck.