Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

WAY TOO OP

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 27, 2013
I'd just like to point out that the new valencia part 2 update is bogus. We have waited 3 years for an update on the storyline and all we get is a part 2 of an existing world! They have made all these updates on wizard101 but (in my opinion) pirate101 is way more fun than wizard101! Also, they made the new enemys way to overpowered, I mean, I like a challenge but this was so hard that it made me not even want to play the game anymore. sorry if I'm being too negative though, Pirate101 is still my all time favorite game.

Thanks for reading/keep calm and fight on!

Husky Andy Ironside: lvl 70
Loyal Ryan Aldridge: lvl 42

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
sammy9wine on Jun 21, 2017 wrote:
I'd just like to point out that the new valencia part 2 update is bogus. We have waited 3 years for an update on the storyline and all we get is a part 2 of an existing world! They have made all these updates on wizard101 but (in my opinion) pirate101 is way more fun than wizard101! Also, they made the new enemys way to overpowered, I mean, I like a challenge but this was so hard that it made me not even want to play the game anymore. sorry if I'm being too negative though, Pirate101 is still my all time favorite game.

It seems to me that the ones who are having trouble with Valencia prt.2 are those who skip side quests, use one set of companions and one set strategy. I'm basing this statement on the multiplicity of similar posts.
The enemy are level appropriate; they gain the same amount of epics from the beginning in Skull Island until now.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012

The royal guards do 2105 damage on crit. 2105. They need to be nerfed.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010

Each class has a way around the special powers
Summons are basically the greatest thing here. It's better for a stygian chorus member to take an assassin or vicious charge than old scratch or yourself, then you can blast them away!
BOMBS! Do I even need to mention Scratch makes these so powerful, that almost any enemy would die from walking in 1? Overwatch does the rest.
Black Fog, Poison, Scratch if you so need extra damage, The only real threat here is first strike 3, and maybe a few swashbuckler enemies have it, on these use some ranged boys to knock em dead. Rest you can hide and charge and be good.
Okay, I can't give much advice since I only have one in marlybone, but, you should be able to shield stack and be okay.
I would personally take staffy weapons 2, and get that Nefarious staff for the 3x3 Scorpions, if you don't want that, go get Moo Robe for 3x3 terra cotta, should be able to hold out that way.
it isn't really that bad come to think of it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Jun 22, 2017 wrote:
The royal guards do 2105 damage on crit. 2105. They need to be nerfed.
Haha, they were slightly nerfed from test realm!
And you need to shield and buff and maybe have one musketeer with Overwatch......

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor of awe... on Jun 22, 2017 wrote:
Summons are basically the greatest thing here. It's better for a stygian chorus member to take an assassin or vicious charge than old scratch or yourself, then you can blast them away!
BOMBS! Do I even need to mention Scratch makes these so powerful, that almost any enemy would die from walking in 1? Overwatch does the rest.
Black Fog, Poison, Scratch if you so need extra damage, The only real threat here is first strike 3, and maybe a few swashbuckler enemies have it, on these use some ranged boys to knock em dead. Rest you can hide and charge and be good.
Okay, I can't give much advice since I only have one in marlybone, but, you should be able to shield stack and be okay.
I would personally take staffy weapons 2, and get that Nefarious staff for the 3x3 Scorpions, if you don't want that, go get Moo Robe for 3x3 terra cotta, should be able to hold out that way.
Anyone can use doubloons:
Summons, push back, critical whatever comes up is useful, so USE THEM!
Use a companion with Hold the Line to keep a vulnerable companion from being charged.
Use a companion with Overwatch to reduce enemies before they get to your front line.
While it's true that the Royal Guard have First Strike3 which will remove your hide; Fog is more valuable here for the TIME it gives you to prepare to shield and buff. Use those critical buffs and if you have gear that grants shields use them too! Old Scratch doesn't give my poisons enough of a buff to justify my using him when I can use a more powerful companion who isn't going to be defeated in one hit.
I'm leery of suggesting that a player MUST have rare gear from farming a certain Tower. I know for a fact it's not necessary as I have done this fight on ALL my pirates ( across 2 accounts ) and didn't need it. However if you have this gear, then use it.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
anecorbie on Jun 22, 2017 wrote:
Anyone can use doubloons:
Summons, push back, critical whatever comes up is useful, so USE THEM!
Use a companion with Hold the Line to keep a vulnerable companion from being charged.
Use a companion with Overwatch to reduce enemies before they get to your front line.
While it's true that the Royal Guard have First Strike3 which will remove your hide; Fog is more valuable here for the TIME it gives you to prepare to shield and buff. Use those critical buffs and if you have gear that grants shields use them too! Old Scratch doesn't give my poisons enough of a buff to justify my using him when I can use a more powerful companion who isn't going to be defeated in one hit.
I'm leery of suggesting that a player MUST have rare gear from farming a certain Tower. I know for a fact it's not necessary as I have done this fight on ALL my pirates ( across 2 accounts ) and didn't need it. However if you have this gear, then use it.
Doesn't take full moo gear as a mandatory, makes it much easier though, especially if you add bloods coat (ugh farming) with it, then anything is dead

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
witchdoctor of awe... on Jun 22, 2017 wrote:
I use muskets against these guys....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 22, 2017 wrote:
Haha, they were slightly nerfed from test realm!
And you need to shield and buff and maybe have one musketeer with Overwatch......
I did exactly that, before I could even finish the buffing, however. They already had got to me. Even with Emmett's slow down thing. And my companions? Level 70 Jane Canary and Emmett and a level 73 Nausica, all with overwatch, It doesn't matter your strategy, these things WILL kill you in an instant buffs or not. Valor's armor? Gone in one crit. The only other part I had trouble with was clock works (Besides Kane, of course but I realized I needed others to win) But some people (Not you, but some) people just don't understand how had it is to be a solo .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor of awe... on Jun 23, 2017 wrote:
Doesn't take full moo gear as a mandatory, makes it much easier though, especially if you add bloods coat (ugh farming) with it, then anything is dead
I did it without both on my buckler with only standard moo tower gear ( nothing special ). It can be done.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Jun 23, 2017 wrote:
I did exactly that, before I could even finish the buffing, however. They already had got to me. Even with Emmett's slow down thing. And my companions? Level 70 Jane Canary and Emmett and a level 73 Nausica, all with overwatch, It doesn't matter your strategy, these things WILL kill you in an instant buffs or not. Valor's armor? Gone in one crit. The only other part I had trouble with was clock works (Besides Kane, of course but I realized I needed others to win) But some people (Not you, but some) people just don't understand how had it is to be a solo .
A full musket team is just fish in a barrel for bucks with vicious charge, having one companion with Hold the Line3 would have helped ( either Ratbeard or Gracie Conrad ) In fact Gracie would have been better for you as she has a summons that also has HtL.. Zeena would have been better than Jane & Nausica's critical shots are only used right on top of the enemy ( unless you Valored her - she'd be toast ), which I assume was what happened.
I survived the Duomo with less "OP" gear than many in this game.
Your strategy DOES matter, if you play smart and don't go charging at them.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
DuranteRamses87 on Jun 23, 2017 wrote:
I use muskets against these guys....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Use Bonnie, shes my mvp XD
I'd recommend overwatch 3

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
anecorbie on Jun 23, 2017 wrote:
A full musket team is just fish in a barrel for bucks with vicious charge, having one companion with Hold the Line3 would have helped ( either Ratbeard or Gracie Conrad ) In fact Gracie would have been better for you as she has a summons that also has HtL.. Zeena would have been better than Jane & Nausica's critical shots are only used right on top of the enemy ( unless you Valored her - she'd be toast ), which I assume was what happened.
Ikr, I've seen people charge into enemies too many times DX

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 23, 2017 wrote:
Nope, I always "Play Smart" and stay back and buff and don't move my companions all that much (By 1 square) and then

"HI-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

And my team goes down like the knights in the "Killer Rabbit" scene in Monty Python. Although it could be worse, they could have had...

...Black fog

-Blaine comes in with his trumpet and plays a "Dun dun dun" sound effect-

-Somewhere out there, somebody just screamed-

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Jun 26, 2017 wrote:
Nope, I always "Play Smart" and stay back and buff and don't move my companions all that much (By 1 square) and then

"HI-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

And my team goes down like the knights in the "Killer Rabbit" scene in Monty Python. Although it could be worse, they could have had...

...Black fog

-Blaine comes in with his trumpet and plays a "Dun dun dun" sound effect-

-Somewhere out there, somebody just screamed-
Yes, but that's ok - ( cause I have Duh, duh, duh FS3!!!! actually rank 4, now )

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 26, 2017 wrote:
Yes, but that's ok - ( cause I have Duh, duh, duh FS3!!!! actually rank 4, now )
Me: -Screams-

: -Backs away-

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Jun 28, 2017 wrote:
Me: -Screams-

: -Backs away-
We lost the thread here a bit.
I just want to say to those who think VA2 is too hard and should be nerfed; that it was nerfed from test realm.
The enemy you face in Book 15 is level appropriate - especially for some players who do every side quest from SI to AQ, they often end up being OVER leveled for VA2.
If you're having difficulty in facing enemies then I encourage you to do some side quests to raise your level ( & to get the gold to level up as many of your companions you can. )
Don't use the same old strategies you used in MB & AQ, change up your team.
Know that the Bucks and Muskets in VA2 have the same epics as your companions. Be prepared for loses by leveling those secondary or third tier companions to make them able to step in when your favorite team goes down.
Use doubloons! Summons, "push back", buff types, these are all helpful and can make an "impossible" battle do-able.
It can be done, even if you don't have the "OP" gear most players say is necessary.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 28, 2017 wrote:
We lost the thread here a bit.
I just want to say to those who think VA2 is too hard and should be nerfed; that it was nerfed from test realm.
The enemy you face in Book 15 is level appropriate - especially for some players who do every side quest from SI to AQ, they often end up being OVER leveled for VA2.
If you're having difficulty in facing enemies then I encourage you to do some side quests to raise your level ( & to get the gold to level up as many of your companions you can. )
Don't use the same old strategies you used in MB & AQ, change up your team.
Know that the Bucks and Muskets in VA2 have the same epics as your companions. Be prepared for loses by leveling those secondary or third tier companions to make them able to step in when your favorite team goes down.
Use doubloons! Summons, "push back", buff types, these are all helpful and can make an "impossible" battle do-able.
It can be done, even if you don't have the "OP" gear most players say is necessary.
Just wanted to "double-Yar" this post and give it two thumbs-up.

Ensign
Apr 24, 2013
witchdoctor of awe... on Jun 23, 2017 wrote:
blood's coat? who? where? I would like to know where and who this is

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Rodrigo Robets on Aug 26, 2017 wrote:
Have you gone to Miranda, Haunted Skyway, in Cool Ranch, yet? There you will meet Captain Blood, an undead pirate that drops a full set of boss gear: two weapons, boots, hat, AND the single most sought after piece of gear - his jacket! Which grants: "Blood Flames", very OP even without a Scratch boost.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Rodrigo Robets on Aug 26, 2017 wrote:
Blood's coat is a coat that drops from Captain Blood in Miranda that has the ability to spawn 5 ghost flames that can do around 3000 damage on contact

Ensign
Apr 24, 2013
Alex the Pirate on Aug 27, 2017 wrote:
Blood's coat is a coat that drops from Captain Blood in Miranda that has the ability to spawn 5 ghost flames that can do around 3000 damage on contact
ty