Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Level 70 ships

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
When Pirate101 was capped at level 50 in Mooshu, you could get a level 50 Mooshu Ship or a level 50 Royal Navy ship.

When Pirate101 was capped at level 65 in Aquila, you could get a level 65 Aquilan ship.

Now, with Pirate101 capped at level 70 in Valencia, you can get:

A level 70 Aquilan Ship
A level 70 Royal Navy Ship
A level 70 Mooshu Ship
A level 70 Bison Ship, or
A level 70 Pirate Ship

If you have enough gold, you can also equip each with weapons and armor at a ridiculously high level (check out the ship parts vendor in Valencia and notice just how much higher the high end ones are).

This brings up several questions:

Why now do we have such a variety of ships and not before?

Why such ridiculously high ships fittings?

Why no Monquistan Ship or Valencian Ship?

I have my own theories, but I don't think a lot of you want to hear them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on May 26, 2017 wrote:
When Pirate101 was capped at level 50 in Mooshu, you could get a level 50 Mooshu Ship or a level 50 Royal Navy ship.

When Pirate101 was capped at level 65 in Aquila, you could get a level 65 Aquilan ship.

A level 70 Aquilan Ship
A level 70 Mooshu Ship
A level 70 Pirate Ship

If you have enough gold, you can also equip each with weapons and armor at a ridiculously high level (check out the ship parts vendor in Valencia and notice just how much higher the high end ones are).

Always ready to read in a negative reason for anything KI does. Those happen to be the most popular designs for ships in P101; we've been asking for high level ships in our favorite styles since Aquila, and KI has complied.
The reason why there's no Valencian style ship available is very simple: The Armada took over all shipping - the only "valencian" ships are clockwork ships.
How were we to buy a clockwork ship before we beat Kane?
Prices are high because as high level pirates we're able to get and spend that gold - and I still need a way to get rid of gold.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Well, I think the reason for not having a Monquistan galleon is because the monkeys in Monquista are so short. I don't know why there is not a Valencia ship, but there isn't a Steamboat so perhaps KI hasn't gotten around to making all the enemy ships(or main enemy ships) available for purchase. I wonder if an Armada type ship and/or a Steamboat might be added to a bundle or pack at some point. I do not expect a Monquistan galleon for the reason I stated above.

Ensign
Jan 26, 2017
Max DeGroot on May 26, 2017 wrote:

A level 70 Aquilan Ship
A level 70 Mooshu Ship
A level 70 Pirate Ship

Well, it might also be a part of encouragement to keep going to max lvl. "You get to max lvl, diversity rises as your lvl does!" (bad commercial promo, i know )
And what Anecorbie said, it's one of the ways to get rid of that heavy gold that's been straining your max lvl pirate bag. More different ship models would be nice, true. Valencia is basically Armada, so that's out. Although...