Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unicorns

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 20, 2014
Ok this question is kind of a wizard question but iv been thinking. Since the unicorns made the clockworks that would make them sort of the enemy to the pirates knowing they made the clockworks. But if the unicorns can be found in and sort of occupy the wizard side of the spiral and the wizards help and work with the unicorns wouldn't that make wizards the enemy of pirates noting that they work with the creators of the Armada? Or are the wizards on a different timeline in which the clockworks have not been made because no unicorn has talked about the armada but you can still fight prototypes of clockworks almost if the armada is an idea. I hope i did not give you a headache.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Invention of the clockworks was not inherently an evil act, nor are the Unicorns of Valencia our enemies. They were even more devastated by their creations than the rest of the Spiral.

As time goes on, wizards may hear more about clockworks and the Armada.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bloody Wolf on May 23, 2017 wrote:
Ok this question is kind of a wizard question but iv been thinking. Since the unicorns made the clockworks that would make them sort of the enemy to the pirates knowing they made the clockworks. But if the unicorns can be found in and sort of occupy the wizard side of the spiral and the wizards help and work with the unicorns wouldn't that make wizards the enemy of pirates noting that they work with the creators of the Armada? Or are the wizards on a different timeline in which the clockworks have not been made because no unicorn has talked about the armada but you can still fight prototypes of clockworks almost if the armada is an idea. I hope i did not give you a headache.
The Unicorns of Valencia didn't make the clockworks - a human did ( I'm not going to say anything else because I don't want to spoil anything for you. )
The Armada was designed to help fight Napoleguin, who was trying to take over the Spiral. As such, they were necessary to end the war. More clockworks continued to be made and were kept in control of the Valencian Navy.
Our timeline and the W101 timeline are running ( somewhat ) together. We seem to be lagging a little behind the wizards. Neither has anyone mentioned Malistaire or Morganthe here inP101, so that doesn't make the conclusion that we're very much separated in time feasible.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Bloody Wolf on May 23, 2017 wrote:
The valencian unicorns didn't intentionally build the Armada to be evil. They built their clockworks first as servants, and then built the more advanced Armada during the Polarian War to fight Polaris. So, no the unicorns aren't the enemy, they're victims of the Armada just as much, and possibly even more than any other Spiral denizens.

The clockworks we see in Wizard101, are not Valencian clockworks. Instead they are Marleybonian and Wizard made clockworks. Technology has never been truly unique to one specific culture.

As for wizards, they are on the same timeline, more or less, with the Pirates. But, where pirates and wizards tend to operate in different circles. Wizards are like the Jedi or the Peacekeepers of the Spiral Universe. They deal with royalty, governments and gods. Wizards step in to sort out the big problems of the Spiral. They don't deal with the Armada, because they're too busy stopping Malistair and Morganth.

Pirates are pirates. The run with the dredges of society, unless they have need of someone higher class. Or are roped into helping a government, like the Marleybonian conscription. And don't forget, wizards have met pirates in Celestia, and the pirates were the enemy.

I do think that if pirates and wizards did really cross paths, they would not exactly be friends.

Ensign
Jan 18, 2013
I thought Gazpaccio, who's a human, created the first clockworks..?
Also, if you've ever done the B.O.X.E.S in Wizard, you come across a quest based in Skull Island Skyway. It looks like Wizard is set back, far behind Pirate.

This is because (spoilers ahead, if you haven't done the boxes event!) the Maestro says to Deacon, "If you don't deal with them today, they'll ignite a catastrophic chain of events that will undo everything you've built. And it all begins by them rescuing a young, orphaned pirate who will go on to defeat the Armada. Better to be safe and stop them now, yes?" So it's like he's saying everything that happens in Pirate101.

So, possibly the unicorns in Wizard are just the older generations, and the Armada has not been created yet...or in a totally different scenario, Wizard and Pirate are like parallel "universes/spirals"?

Ensign
Oct 20, 2014
Autumn Moonstone on May 23, 2017 wrote:
Also, if you've ever done the B.O.X.E.S in Wizard, you come across a quest based in Skull Island Skyway. It looks like Wizard is set back, far behind Pirate.

This is because (spoilers ahead, if you haven't done the boxes event!) the Maestro says to Deacon, "If you don't deal with them today, they'll ignite a catastrophic chain of events that will undo everything you've built. And it all begins by them rescuing a young, orphaned pirate who will go on to defeat the Armada. Better to be safe and stop them now, yes?" So it's like he's saying everything that happens in Pirate101.

So, possibly the unicorns in Wizard are just the older generations, and the Armada has not been created yet...or in a totally different scenario, Wizard and Pirate are like parallel "universes/spirals"?
so wouldnt that mean that the pirates are more into the future than wizards?

Ensign
Oct 20, 2014

and also if you go to ambros's office in wizard city you go in the room on the right when you walk in and see infront of you on the projected map skullisland as displayed in pirate.

Ensign
Jan 18, 2013
Yes, I'm guessing Wizard is "in the past" and Pirate is newer. Maybe the projected spiral is like a glance into the future, similar to a fortune teller's crystal ball.....so that's why you can see Skull Island?

Ensign
Jun 08, 2014
They could be really close in time with each other because in pirate when you travel to another world you can see some wizard worlds if you look around, but pirate might have to be after wizard because of you going to mooshu and marleybone without wizards actually being there.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2014
I think that the wizards where the heros of the spiral saving relms and teaching people magic hence pirate witch doctors. When wizards and wizard city ended possibly by the armada the pirates took over and defeated kane the spiral was saved. Wizard city might have been ended by the clockworks and that is why there are no wizards. the armada is said to have a history to take over worlds maybe they got that reputation from taking wizard city. i am not saying that my theory is correct but it makes since.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2014
Autumn Moonstone on May 24, 2017 wrote:
Yes, I'm guessing Wizard is "in the past" and Pirate is newer. Maybe the projected spiral is like a glance into the future, similar to a fortune teller's crystal ball.....so that's why you can see Skull Island?
Skull island was always there it was just never explored by wizards when the war between valencia polaris and marlybone started pirated stayed at skull island as a safe haven because the clockworks fired at pirates creating the first pirates. When the war started the armada fired at anyone not rooting for their side pirates sided with no one but wizards probably saw the war as a small conflict while dealing with malistare by the time the clockworks where made it was to late to make quick decisions possibly and the armada destroyed them and wizard city.

Ensign
Jul 26, 2014
Ensign
Jul 26, 2014
Gazpaccio made the first clockwork, it got stolen. then he made the second clockwork, 'Kane' which then turned evil and made evil clockworks who desired to CONQUER the spiral, then they started an alliance with the unicorns and made the unicorns think we're the enemies making us become rebels #Rebelalliance

Commodore
May 31, 2009
The unicorns aren't evil for creating something that got out of hand. The Armada served its original purpose (the war), and then Kane corrupted it. The Valencians got the worst side of the whole mess. They now have to live under the rule of an insane, power-hungry robot as their world is destroyed around them.

Mandatory spoiler warning for the rest of this post...

As for the timeline stuff being discussed, especially the mention about the BOXES, those events all happen in the past. It's literal time travel. The quest that takes place in Skull Island shows that the Wizard had a hand in starting off the Pirate101 story, however, it is not as if their journey began before the Pirate's, as the Wizard had to travel into the past to interact with the pirate world. Both games' timelines run in delicate parallel: the Aztecosaurs of Xol Akmul fled because of the warning signs of Morganthe's rise, long before she actually came to Azteca. Dragonsypre is in a state of ruin presumably because the chaos there happened years before the Wizard gets a chance to visit, if my memory serves correctly. While the pirate is in MooShu, they learn of the Emperor's cursed sleep, which the Wizard solves once they get to MooShu. Wizard101's Marleybone is not in the middle of a war; therefore it's logical to assume the Wizard's journey there happens before the Pirate reaches Marleybone. The rest of the worlds fall into place from there.

While we don't have an official timeline, it's safe to say the two games do line up. There aren't very many inconsistencies, which is impressive considering Wizard101 had a lot of content before Pirate101 launched.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

That's because the wizard has time traveled to a point in time just before our Pirate story begins.

Ensign
Aug 12, 2013
anecorbie on May 23, 2017 wrote:
The Unicorns of Valencia didn't make the clockworks - a human did ( I'm not going to say anything else because I don't want to spoil anything for you. )
The Armada was designed to help fight Napoleguin, who was trying to take over the Spiral. As such, they were necessary to end the war. More clockworks continued to be made and were kept in control of the Valencian Navy.
Our timeline and the W101 timeline are running ( somewhat ) together. We seem to be lagging a little behind the wizards. Neither has anyone mentioned Malistaire or Morganthe here inP101, so that doesn't make the conclusion that we're very much separated in time feasible.
Actually, in a Moo Shu puppet show, we do see Malistaire.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
bookman04 on Oct 1, 2017 wrote:
Actually, in a Moo Shu puppet show, we do see Malistaire.
But he wasn't mentioned by name and unless you also play W101, ( and some Pirates don't ) you wouldn't get the reference.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2015