Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

So... I finally cancelled my membership

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 18, 2010

This is a terrible feeling. This game has been at the center of my life for years. From coming home every day after school to having every song from the game memorized. Pirate101 has had a huge impact on my life. I remember playing Wizard101 in elementary school, but I never seemed to understand the concepts (I later went back and played through a good portion). When Pirate101 came out, however, I remember being instantly enthralled. I recall trying to load the game on my brick of a computer, waiting hours for that first initial download with my crappy internet at the time. I've been playing since practically the beginning (or at least when I finally got a computer that could actually load the graphics).

I remember telling my friends down the street to log on as soon as they got home so we could try to take on Cool Ranch. I remember jumping for joy when we could finally move past Mooshu into the regal Marleybone and the legendary Aquila. I remember late nights, I remember countless purchases trying to get companions from packs, and most importantly I remember having so much fun.

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. Even moving to another country I tried to keep up my weekly log-in to Pirate101, but of course more pressing matters took control. I love this game dearly and when I heard about more content, even if it was just five levels, I immediately jumped to my computer.

This isn't a rant about needing more content, I completely sympathize with the developers. I get it. But I'm going to college soon and I'm afraid that I simply won't have the time or the money to continue my playthroughs through the Spiral. I of course will always praise this game and continue recruiting players; and maybe if I find myself with the time and money I will see all of my fellow pirates in the Spiral once more for a future update. I've put a lot of hours, dollars, blood, sweat, and tears into this amazing game and I can't wait for more players of all ages to see what the Spiral has to offer.

It broke my heart to have to finally press that "Yes, I'm sure" button to end my membership, but it had to be done. I miss Bonnie, El Toro, Ratbeard, and even Hawkules, already.

I hope to see you all again in the Spiral when the time is right,

Wishing you all the most nefarious and devilish pirate regards,

Brave Alaric Bellamy

Ensign
Jun 09, 2016
Oy, sad to see ye go! I remember in 2013 when I cancelled my membership as well. I forget why, but on top of it I forgot my password. Here we are now. That said, I remember clicking that button as well. Just a rather uneasy gut feeling when you do such a thing - throwing away a hobby like that. I feel ya! Cheerio, and I hope to see you again too!

Petty Officer
Oct 04, 2012
EviTheEccentric on May 17, 2017 wrote:
Oy, sad to see ye go! I remember in 2013 when I cancelled my membership as well. I forget why, but on top of it I forgot my password. Here we are now. That said, I remember clicking that button as well. Just a rather uneasy gut feeling when you do such a thing - throwing away a hobby like that. I feel ya! Cheerio, and I hope to see you again too!
Hopefully we'll see you again with the next update.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Real Life is way more important than any online game, but isn't it nice to know that you can still log in and visit your crew or train some pets when you have a few spare moments. Cancelling a membership isn't the same as deleting an account.

Best wishes for your academic future!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
It is indeed sad to see you go but life outside of The Spiral must take priority. Fair sailing to you and always remember our motto: Once a Message Board Marauder, always a Message Board Marauder.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Wishing you success at school. You can always drop by in the free to play areas for a visit when you like. You reminded us all of the fun of discovering the game.

Petty Officer
Jul 13, 2013
x plays never gonna give you up on boom box x

goodbye man