Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

its too hard

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 09, 2013
i been playing this game since 2013 and i have not had trouble till now when i did the new update valencia on my main bucc account the only wy i could do it was to keep spending money on bot allys and now i finally got maxed but im trying to do my musketeer and in the kings bit they hit 2000 each first round wicth aint fair they hit way to hard they dont give bonnie ann or the flamingo and the cat a chance to hit cuz as soon as it gose to second turn im pretty much out i dont want to have to spend more money just to cope i have already spent near or over 1 thousond pound on this game so far plz turn how much they hit down and make there specials go down they get them way to much witch also messes with me i cant cope i love this game to bits and i dont want to have to quit it after so long cuz it aint fair on me and all the other players thx for reading many regards makenzie aka acemakenzie.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
acemakenzie on May 14, 2017 wrote:
i been playing this game since 2013 and i have not had trouble till now when i did the new update valencia on my main bucc account the only wy i could do it was to keep spending money on bot allys and now i finally got maxed but im trying to do my musketeer and in the kings bit they hit 2000 each first round wicth aint fair they hit way to hard they dont give bonnie ann or the flamingo and the cat a chance to hit cuz as soon as it gose to second turn im pretty much out i dont want to have to spend more money just to cope i have already spent near or over 1 thousond pound on this game so far plz turn how much they hit down and make there specials go down they get them way to much witch also messes with me i cant cope i love this game to bits and i dont want to have to quit it after so long cuz it aint fair on me and all the other players thx for reading many regards makenzie aka acemakenzie.
Hello, Acemakenzie! I'm very sorry about your issues with Valencia, Part II. I haven't gotten there yet, but it does seem like it's very hard.

However, Acemakenzie, KingsIsle never makes it so it's too hard. They only make it hard enough so that it's a difficult challenge that you can look on and say, "Wow, I can't believe I did that!" When I get to Valencia, Part II and maybe when I become Level 70, I will be free to help you out with your problems! Happy questing!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 14 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 10 Musketeer

(El Toro: I think it actually is too hard...
Gracie Conrad: Shhh!)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
acemakenzie on May 14, 2017 wrote:
Here are ( I hope ) some helpful tactics for Valencia2
1. Instead of soloing, try using Team-Up.
2. As a musketeer, I recommend that you use Ratbeard ( instead of Catbeard ) for his Hold the Line power.
3. Protect Chantal and Bonnie Anne from those vicious charges by moving them to the back!
4. You place as many of your bombs & traps that you can.
5. Use Doubloons!!! ( Any of the "push back" kind will help because this gives you time to trap ). Also any summons type of doubloons will give them extra targets to beat up rather than your team.
Have you trained Bonnie Anne & Chantal in Overwatch? Given them Burst Fire and Double Tap? These are very necessary talents for those companions.
All of us max levels have faced what you're facing and came through it; You Can Do It, too!
Henchmen ( ally bots, lol very good name ) are un-necessary!
P.S. When it comes for you to face Kane, you really must use Team-Up!

Community Leader
You said you're a musketeer correct? Why don't you use your knockback bombs (Tempest of Torpedoes) to knock the enemies back? Why don't you use your raise barricade to protect your team? Why don't you farm for Captain Blood's Robe with some friends (should only take you a few days of group farming)? It alone can neutralize 2 of the mobs, 3-4 if you buff the flames with old scratch's mojo buffs. Have you tried farming for pieces of gear that give leviathan's call or valor's fortress? Have you tried utilizing summon doubloons to provide a distraction. All of these suggestions are things you can do without spending an additional dime on this game. In addition, unless you're incredibly unlucky with your spawn, Duomo mobs take two rounds to reach your team, provided you stay back and don't rush them.

Yes, Duomo and other parts of Valencia 2 are challenging, moreso than any other pve experience in the game. However, it's far from unbeatable, with or without top tier gear. You just have to be willing to change your strategies or farm a bit for more helpful gear. If all else fails, asking for help here, in a populated realm of Avery's Court, or utilizing team up can get you through.

Best of luck.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Valencia II is not for the faint of heart! It is a great place to start teaming up with others, if you haven't been. Doubloons come in handy, as well as a good pet. Double-think your strategy, and change up your team if they are dying too fast.

If your Musketeer hasn't been to see the Clandestine Trainers, that may be another option.

Don't give up the ship!

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
It seems like this new content made it easier for witchdoctors (I soloed everything except two instances, the royal guard deal, which I plan to on my solo witch, and kanes court, which I'm gathering materials to do so) but for those melee classes, specifically buccaneer, it was made harder, since you can't go hide + strike anymore for swashies, and you can't just rush as a buck. With this content, Defense is more likely to give you victory instead of Offense, that's what I get out of it, anyway.