Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

...2 years later, I finally did it!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
"... I have yet to see one of these in the game world and for good reason no one would want to ride it for very long, ever." - Windanchor, April 4th, 2014.

"Hopefully we won't get something useless like that Sloth mount again! I hoping for some kind of chariot... but it could be pulled by NPC or something XD. " - Red Pirate, March 1st, 2016.

Back in early 2015 I started my Witch Doctor who goes by the name of Sheila. When I decided to progress this class I decided to do something novel for myself. I ported into the tiny apartment in Avery's Court and equipped the Slowpoke Sloth mount I picked up one Throwback Thursday that was sitting in my shared bank. Then I went to meet Bonnie Anne.

Since that day, I proudly rode that sloth through Skull island, Monquista, Valencia Part 1, struggled to maintain my sanity through Cool Ranch, basked in the beauty of Mooshu, spent an unnecessary amount of time in Marleybone's sewer system and made the trek from Sparta to the Centaurs in Aquila at least 3 times.

Today I bested the sons of the Minotaur in the labyrinth and maxed my third pirate out at Level 70.

All without ever hopping off the Slowpoke Sloth(except for areas where mounts are banned, like caves and peoples' houses. Always wipe your feet before entering a Samurai's home and challenging them to battle.)

I know I shouldn't feel as proud of this as I actually do, but it was absolutely worth it and felt like sharing my little achievement with you guys.

So yeah, until the level cap is raised again, I feel a small break on Looka-Laylee is in order, than I'll start all over again on a Swashbuckler next time (without the sloth, Sheila has gotten rather attached to Lambo.)

So before I leave I have a question; Has anyone else set unnecessary parameters for themselves for a play through, or was it just me?

-------------

Charming Morgan Freeman, LVL 70
Corrupt Grace, LVL 70
Sheila, LVL 70
Wesley, New

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Unlike the slowness of the sloth, I found myself enjoying racing against the clock. It's not a pure parameter but I do it if the opportunity presents itself. My favourite moment would have to be playing chess with Kane until my Mother decided to intervene.

So it's that time in the Kane dungeon where us pirates are on a pursuit of mechanical extermination. Kane's Armada is Arma-dead. Within 2-3 turns we would win. Pretty casual run, until my mother called up and said "Dino you noob get of Club Pirate and come down and help with the groceries yeah" or some less exaggerated version of that. My Mom is a good person so I informed the team and they were patient and good pirates (kudos). I realise that if I don't make it back to the PC on time we could miss a possible 4 player team Chest...

And so began a race of time. I rushed to my apartment lift and went 7 floors down to the basement and was greeted by a vast amount of Costco goods in the back of the Car. I grabbed 5 bags per hand and rushed up, came down again to get some more. Once everything was settled I rushed back to the PC to find my pirate jumping in the air with chests appearing. Perfect timing.

Ever since then I go into the occasional habit of doing some chores during battles. I do my turn, press done, wash some dishes, come back and do another turn, wash more dishes etc. So many p101 battles have given me an acute sense of how long a round will last until I need to choose my next set of moves.

Oh and also I randomly follow people and pretend to be their companion or pet. Sometimes this goes well, and sometimes I question what I am doing with my life.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
King Crimson on Apr 16, 2017 wrote:
"... I have yet to see one of these in the game world and for good reason no one would want to ride it for very long, ever." - Windanchor, April 4th, 2014.

"Hopefully we won't get something useless like that Sloth mount again! I hoping for some kind of chariot... but it could be pulled by NPC or something XD. " - Red Pirate, March 1st, 2016.

Back in early 2015 I started my Witch Doctor who goes by the name of Sheila. When I decided to progress this class I decided to do something novel for myself. I ported into the tiny apartment in Avery's Court and equipped the Slowpoke Sloth mount I picked up one Throwback Thursday that was sitting in my shared bank. Then I went to meet Bonnie Anne.

Since that day, I proudly rode that sloth through Skull island, Monquista, Valencia Part 1, struggled to maintain my sanity through Cool Ranch, basked in the beauty of Mooshu, spent an unnecessary amount of time in Marleybone's sewer system and made the trek from Sparta to the Centaurs in Aquila at least 3 times.

Today I bested the sons of the Minotaur in the labyrinth and maxed my third pirate out at Level 70.

All without ever hopping off the Slowpoke Sloth(except for areas where mounts are banned, like caves and peoples' houses. Always wipe your feet before entering a Samurai's home and challenging them to battle.)

I know I shouldn't feel as proud of this as I actually do, but it was absolutely worth it and felt like sharing my little achievement with you guys.

So yeah, until the level cap is raised again, I feel a small break on Looka-Laylee is in order, than I'll start all over again on a Swashbuckler next time (without the sloth, Sheila has gotten rather attached to Lambo.)

So before I leave I have a question; Has anyone else set unnecessary parameters for themselves for a play through, or was it just me?

-------------

Corrupt Grace, LVL 70
Sheila, LVL 70
Wesley, New
Yeh the other day when I started my Witchdoctor I had the goal to be in Monquista by the end of the day. Made it to Puerto Mico, then life interrupted lol but yeah I do that all of the time, though what you did I'd never do so take my Yar!, you've earned it xD

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012

-------------

Corrupt Grace, LVL 70
Sheila, LVL 70
Wesley, New
I applaud your extreme patience, something I most certainly do not possess. As to your question, I have TRIED to go through the whole game without losing a companion but I lost one in the fight with Deacon.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
That is quite a challenge. Nice to see that one of the sloths is getting exercise.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

-------------

Corrupt Grace, LVL 70
Sheila, LVL 70
Wesley, New
Congratulations, Sheila! If I have any parameters that come to mind (that I didn't break ), I'll post again!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I don't think I ever ate dinner during a tower run.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on May 7, 2017 wrote:
I don't think I ever ate dinner during a tower run.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I have, dinner or lunch; even went AFK during turns to get a meal from the microwave & get back before the timer ran down....shows you just how small my house is, lol.