Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Treasure Baths

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Ahoy, fellow pirates! This question has been going on for a long time now and I feel like I need to create a thread on it. Does using the Treasure Bath doubloon actually decrease the chances of getting a good drop in bosses? Before you say anything, from my own personal experience, I have found that Treasure Baths actually DO lower the drop rate. For example, I did two Kane runs with my friend. We were testing the Treasure Bath theory. In the first Kane run, we both spammed Treasure Baths like no tomorrow and in the second run, we used no Treasure Baths at all. In the first run, we only got 3 drops from Kane. Yep. Only 3 drops, none of which were any good. A robe, a weapon, and boots, the rest of the loot we got was gold. In the second run, I was a little surprised cause Kane's Mask dropped. I tested this theory again in Moo Manchu's Tower on the Nefarious Five floor. When Treasure Baths were used, I got nothing but trash and when they weren't used, I got Nefarious loot. So my question is, could a Kingsisle employee perhaps confirm whether or not the Treasure Bath actually sacrifices good drops for gold? Thanks and have a great day and best of luck to all you pirates out there farming for your drops! P.S. I also got Captain Blood's Jacket to drop when no Treasure Baths were used. Kane's Mask and Captain Blood's Jacket all dropped for me without Treasure Bath usage, as well as numerous Nefarious Five loot.
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Witchdoctor in Training)

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Short and simple / NO it does not

KI has responded to this dozens of times / doubloons have Zero effect on any drops

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Apr 14, 2017 wrote:
Ahoy, fellow pirates! This question has been going on for a long time now and I feel like I need to create a thread on it. Does using the Treasure Bath doubloon actually decrease the chances of getting a good drop in bosses? Before you say anything, from my own personal experience, I have found that Treasure Baths actually DO lower the drop rate. For example, I did two Kane runs with my friend. We were testing the Treasure Bath theory. In the first Kane run, we both spammed Treasure Baths like no tomorrow and in the second run, we used no Treasure Baths at all. In the first run, we only got 3 drops from Kane. Yep. Only 3 drops, none of which were any good. A robe, a weapon, and boots, the rest of the loot we got was gold. In the second run, I was a little surprised cause Kane's Mask dropped. I tested this theory again in Moo Manchu's Tower on the Nefarious Five floor. When Treasure Baths were used, I got nothing but trash and when they weren't used, I got Nefarious loot. So my question is, could a Kingsisle employee perhaps confirm whether or not the Treasure Bath actually sacrifices good drops for gold? Thanks and have a great day and best of luck to all you pirates out there farming for your drops! P.S. I also got Captain Blood's Jacket to drop when no Treasure Baths were used. Kane's Mask and Captain Blood's Jacket all dropped for me without Treasure Bath usage, as well as numerous Nefarious Five loot.
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Witchdoctor in Training)
A short, small amount of testing doesn't give you a true sample of results. A larger sample is required to form a theory. ( 2 runs isn't enough. )
I have personally gone through the Tower of Moo more than a hundred times ( 100 on my main and many other times on my other pirates, most have at least the Charm-Breaker badge ) and I have used treasure bath about 90% of the time. In those earlier runs I bowed to the majority, resulting in 0 boss drops from the N-5 or Moo .
Results of my Moo runs with TB - I have ALL items from Moo except one ( Imperial Boots )
I have also used treasure bath in the Great Machine ( and I have the Bane of Kane badge. )
Results of my Kane runs - ALL items dropped by Kane except the Mask.
My results of using TB in these dungeons proves to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that TB has NO affect on drops.
But if you don't believe me, many times KI employees from OEJ, Bonnie Anne & Ratbeard have replied to players asking the same question: and the answer is always - TB has NO affect on drops.
Fact: Treasure Bath "replacing" a boss drop is a myth.
Fact: There is NO way to manipulate drops for better or worse.
Esperanza Devereaux level 70 ( Master of Moo & Bane of Kane. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Here are two posts which both Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard answered your question.
"Is this true?"
"Treasure Bath Doubloon Myth"