Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Witchdoctor Fizzle Question

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
I see a few posts addressing this issue, but they're years old (like around 2012-13). My question is this: how does fizzling work with Witchdoctors since we have Accuracy and Dodge while Wizard101 doesn't? I read that any AoE basic attacks have a flat 75% chance to hit, since they don't factor in Dodge, but some say that can be increased with Accuracy and others say otherwise. So, can Accuracy increase the chance to hit or would that be a wasted stat to invest into?

(Btw, just started playing Witchdoctor and can't believe this class wasn't my main from the start. Even on my Swash (the class I've been playing since the game released) I always played like a Witchdoctor instead of a Swashbuckler. *facepalm* well, finally found my favorite class. Now if only we could transfer our Ships and bought Companions between characters lol)

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Fizzling has more to do with Will than anything, I suspect.

It does get very frustrating when your witchdoctor can't reach an enemy but can reach the powder barrel next to it, and the spell fizzles on the barrel.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Max DeGroot on Apr 14, 2017 wrote:

It does get very frustrating when your witchdoctor can't reach an enemy but can reach the powder barrel next to it, and the spell fizzles on the barrel.
Sorry for the late reply, was busy dealing with technical stuff trying to get my Stream up and running.

I fail to see how Fizzling has anything to do with Will. Strength, Agility and Will deal with Critical and raw Damage output. Since Fizzling is about 'Hit or Miss', it would stand to reason that it'd have to deal with Accuracy and Dodge much like Swashbucklers when they attack. I've noticed when I Fizzle, or when a Companion does, the enemy will do a pseudo-block animation before cheering like they thwarted my attempts; both of which are signs of Dodge at work. Plus, if Will had anything to do with Fizzling then wouldn't Strength and Agility have a hand in whether Buccs/Swashes Hit or Miss? Just my thoughts, if I'm wrong I'd love a detailed explanation (not only for myself but for anyone else who may also be wondering).

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
Max DeGroot on Apr 14, 2017 wrote:

Okay, now I'm lost. I always thought that the Fizzle issue had to do with missing an attack (or an enemy dodging an attack).

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
FairLady1882 on Apr 20, 2017 wrote:
Okay, now I'm lost. I always thought that the Fizzle issue had to do with missing an attack (or an enemy dodging an attack).
That's what I'm trying to verify: does Fizzling mean you missed or the enemy dodged or does it have a slightly different mechanic than the other classes? Plus I read on a much older post that any Staffy weapon that has an AoE attack has a flat 75% chance to Hit, but some say Accuracy can boost that and others say otherwise. I'm just trying to clear that up lol sorry for the confusion.