Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Challenge Accepted! (RE: Test Realm Soundtrack)

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
In her amazing thread, Esperanza recently challenged us all to make Pirate101-themed parodies of songs from musicals, and I instantly thought of The King And I.

So here it is, Oscar Hammerstein's "I Have Dreamed" with a Pirate101 twist...

I have dreamed that the skies are lovely,
And I have dreamed of all the gold I'll see,
I have dreamed every word they'll holler
When they're robbed, robbed by me.
How They'll look when their hopes are fleeting,
I have dreamed and sunk that navy blue,
In these dreams I've plundered so,
That by now I think I know,
What its like to have a pirate crew.
I will love having a pirate crew!
And In these dreams I've sailed to coves,
That by now I think I know,
What its like to have a pirate crew,
I will love having a pirate crew!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
That was just perfect!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have to admit that I needed to refresh my memory of that song - not the song that leaps to my mind when I think of "The King and I" and that you chose such a lyrical and romantic song to become a pirate anthem, well, I'm even more impressed by your talent!
( I was expecting something from Frank Sinatra. )

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 4, 2017 wrote:
I have to admit that I needed to refresh my memory of that song - not the song that leaps to my mind when I think of "The King and I" and that you chose such a lyrical and romantic song to become a pirate anthem, well, I'm even more impressed by your talent!
( I was expecting something from Frank Sinatra. )
It actually became a jazz standard and was covered by Doris Day, and (Guess who?) Frank Sinatra among other notable singers. So, your expectations weren't completely off.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
LOL, I should have known....