Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Post your menu chat ideas here.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 29, 2013
Hey there,

I recently was trying to help a low level pirate who had menu chat get a decent pet, but I was unable to tell him that he had to wait for my timer because I had just morphed a bit ago. After my timer was up, I tried to morph, but his backpack was full. I was unable to tell him this, and after several attempts, I had to give up and log off. If there are any other problems or ideas for menu chat, please post them on this thread. I hope that at least more menu chat is developed specially for our young pirates in the morphing tent who want to be able to morph good pets just like us.

Best regards,

The Law!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hope Dove the Pira... on Mar 28, 2017 wrote:
Hey there,

I recently was trying to help a low level pirate who had menu chat get a decent pet, but I was unable to tell him that he had to wait for my timer because I had just morphed a bit ago. After my timer was up, I tried to morph, but his backpack was full. I was unable to tell him this, and after several attempts, I had to give up and log off. If there are any other problems or ideas for menu chat, please post them on this thread. I hope that at least more menu chat is developed specially for our young pirates in the morphing tent who want to be able to morph good pets just like us.

Best regards,

The Law!
Those are very good points, yellowgigi22! BTW, welcome to the message boards! Being able to remind a player that if their pack is full is very important and could prevent some heart-ache.
Expanding battle chat would be nice, also.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Hope Dove the Pira... on Mar 28, 2017 wrote:
Hey there,

Best regards,

The Law!
agreed another one for morphing would be "i need more gold" or "let me go grab another pet" or "my computer is slow please wait for me to load" since that void monster can bite me hard sometimes lol

good thread i hope more add comments to this one :)

stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
just like that I thought of another one! lol

"im sorry but my friends list is full" or "you need to unlock your settings"

stormy jen silver

Ensign
Mar 02, 2010
"Please turn on fast combat" would be a nice one.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
aaand if menu chat they couldnt explain it...

so "my computer is slow" or "lag issues" would be good menu additions then?

stormy jen silver

Ensign
Mar 02, 2010
stormyjensilverdra... on Apr 5, 2017 wrote:
aaand if menu chat they couldnt explain it...

so "my computer is slow" or "lag issues" would be good menu additions then?

stormy jen silver
Lol what? Explain what, that they can't turn it on? All they have to do is say no, everybody knows that a menu chat can't explain it, so no is enough.

So applying that logic, should menu chat also get a bunch of chat bubbles answering why they couldn't help their friend? I guess that saying no to "Please be my friend" needs extra chat bubbles to help the menu chat explain why they're not adding said person ("I lost my membership", "I don't like you", "My friends list is full", etc.) and I guess menu chats need to explain themselves too when they don't want to have a sparring match, when they don't want to morph a pet, why they don't want to do an unranked PvP match, why they don't want to do a ranked PvP match, why they don't want to see their friend's house ("Your pet's terrible", "I don't PvP", "Your house looks the same as any other", to name a few).

But then again, if all of those were added, it'd be looking a lot more like text chat and a lot of new bubbles to scroll through.

Administrator
Hey everyone! While debate is appreciated, this topic seems to have veered off topic surrounding one suggestion in particular. Instead, let's go back to making this post more about sharing ideas for possible menu chat additions.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Mar 29, 2017 wrote:
just like that I thought of another one! lol

"im sorry but my friends list is full" or "you need to unlock your settings"

stormy jen silver
I don't really care for either of these:

"I'm sorry but my friends list is full". Simply blocking friend requests in the game provides a polite message that the player is not seeking friends right now. No further reason need be given. I found I had to turn it off, otherwise, I kept getting friend requests from players who then expected me to follow them and help them with their quests, only to disappear right afterward. Nope. If I don't know you outside of the game, I'm not friending you, and I should not have to explain why.

"You need to unlock your settings". No, I don't. This is just an invitation to harassment from players who feel I have a duty to accept every friend request. I don't.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Apr 6, 2017 wrote:
I don't really care for either of these:

"I'm sorry but my friends list is full". Simply blocking friend requests in the game provides a polite message that the player is not seeking friends right now. No further reason need be given. I found I had to turn it off, otherwise, I kept getting friend requests from players who then expected me to follow them and help them with their quests, only to disappear right afterward. Nope. If I don't know you outside of the game, I'm not friending you, and I should not have to explain why.

"You need to unlock your settings". No, I don't. This is just an invitation to harassment from players who feel I have a duty to accept every friend request. I don't.
If you're friends list is full the pirate requesting friendship gets a pop-up saying your list is full; therefore that's totally unnecessary.
I would like to be able to tell a menu chat friend to allow teleports if they have them off - especially when they're begging me to help them and all I can say is: "It won't let me port to you." or in the case of a promo quest: "I can't help you with that."