Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

That Twitter cover art... what is that place?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I just noticed there's a new cover art on P101's Twitter page, and it looks nothing like I've seen in any P101 location.

To those who saw it, do you have any idea on what that place is? I'm guessing it's Skull Island themed, so I can presume it's part of a new side Dungeon Zone or something.

What are your thoughts on the never-before-seen location? Send in your thoughts. I can presume the next Test Realm period may be up soon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Mar 23, 2017 wrote:
I just noticed there's a new cover art on P101's Twitter page, and it looks nothing like I've seen in any P101 location.

To those who saw it, do you have any idea on what that place is? I'm guessing it's Skull Island themed, so I can presume it's part of a new side Dungeon Zone or something.

What are your thoughts on the never-before-seen location? Send in your thoughts. I can presume the next Test Realm period may be up soon.
If KI is releasing concept art of a location, then I would say it's a sure bet that a test realm is on the way. Is there any way of getting an image here or on Central so others who don't have Twitter can get a peek?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 23, 2017 wrote:
If KI is releasing concept art of a location, then I would say it's a sure bet that a test realm is on the way. Is there any way of getting an image here or on Central so others who don't have Twitter can get a peek?
Yeah. That image they placed as their newest cover wallpaper, it's a location that I've not seen anywhere in P101 before. I don't even remember that in the past adventures I've been on. Clearly, something's cooking up in KI's pot.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Summer test realm? It would be possible considering the valencia part 2 test was late may and early june.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have seen the image Ready for a speculation? I believe its what's in that mysterious temple in Catbeard's lair. Do you remember that there's a couple of NPCs there?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
It looks like concept art for the Smuggler's Cove to me. Just guessing though.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 24, 2017 wrote:
Oh noooo! Please, not that!
Besides, wouldn't they have released that concept art at the time they were ready to implement that house in game & not wait until now?

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
I'll hazard a guess! (probably am wrong but that's the fun part!) this past KILive they had us gather in Temple of gloom ya? lighting is about right imo, and in Blind Mew realm.. maybe a side story dungeon gauntlet thingie right here in SI? or more amazing than that.. nah they dont love my ideas that much xD but ok here goes..

stormy jen silver

read this 7 sections though.. https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-shipyards/do-you-have-an-idea-8ad6a40435cd8a9b0135cf6f2a750583/8ad6a41b4f07736a014f197905e73ca6#8ad6a41b4f07736a014f197905e73ca6

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 24, 2017 wrote:
I have seen the image Ready for a speculation? I believe its what's in that mysterious temple in Catbeard's lair. Do you remember that there's a couple of NPCs there?
I can definitely remember that the temple with the NPCs on it in Catbeard's Lair is made of ancient temple blocks, so I can safely say that the temple doesn't have a cave with the left eye lit up in it's cavern face, and stairs next to it.

Well, it's what I can say from my observations.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 24, 2017 wrote:
Guess all you like, but that's kinda cool for KI to post some new never-before-seen concept art images placed as cover images in their Twitter pages. Looks like it just came out lately, 'cause o' the neat new effects in it.

I think they should keep that up.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Just looked at the cover art at first I thought it was skullrock but went in there to day and disproved my theory looks kinda like either a crypt or a magic layer to me I tired to zoom into the stone coffin looking thing but still couldn't tell what it was guess we will have to wait and see can't wait to find out though

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Mar 25, 2017 wrote:
I can definitely remember that the temple with the NPCs on it in Catbeard's Lair is made of ancient temple blocks, so I can safely say that the temple doesn't have a cave with the left eye lit up in it's cavern face, and stairs next to it.

Ah well, there's also an unknown cave in Perdition's Cauldron that is glowing - it could be that as well.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 24, 2017 wrote:
Oh noooo! Please, not that!
Besides, wouldn't they have released that concept art at the time they were ready to implement that house in game & not wait until now?
Why not? If you have so many wonderful pieces laying around (in a sense) in computer files from all those gifted artists at KI and just want to freshen up your Twitter banner, put that stuff to good use and keep us guessing. If that is what they did, it sure worked.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Mar 25, 2017 wrote:

I think the reason that my guess is different from yours is because of Point of View. I'm guessing that you see that image as if you were outside the cave looking in, right? And I'm guessing that I'm inside the cave, looking out.
That explains why Chrissy thinks it's the Smuggler's Cove!

Ensign
Jun 25, 2014
If i had to venture a guess when it comes to the new area or (concept art) I would say that it may be an area in which we will finally be entering the skyway's of Darkmoor given if you remember about english bill and the duck of death; while we may of destroyed his ship and Deacon was dismantled in motherlode mine; we need to remember that while the queen still lives and she takes her court and hides back into the shadows of Valencian Aerostocracy; I think there is a side where perhaps she was made by Gaspaccio but in some context the "Shadow queen" plays a hand in the pirate story by perhaps being the spider who made english bill who he is today. I do not think that we have yet to see a true end to English Bill or that of a threat to the spiral. Remember young wizards and pirates we have met Grandfather time in wizard but even one who is the master of time can easily perhaps wind the hand of fate and causing our victories to spell disasters in other time periods. Perhaps this cave is a hint that there is going to be more to the story than meets the eye and perhaps if the story is wrote well we can finally see what truly happened to bill beyond the puppet show and perhaps see the true side of darkmoor.

The lighthouse world that we see in the spiral gateway between worlds as we sail between them; I think could be another possibility that cave could lead us to perhaps the rocky shores that might be considered Albion while we know Albion is inhabited by bonnie and her kin of foxes; perhaps its not out of the question to say that Albion isnt a light house world with dark stormy seas and perhaps where the crabs originated from as well the seas of albion or rather the possibilities are endless. as my first statement said before i really think perhaps that cave is a gateway to a nexus where perhaps the windstones originated and perhaps we must create the windstones again . As Morganthe said in wizard "mirrors will break, and the horns will call" this my pets is my idea.

Administrator
So, here's the thing about concept art . . . there are a lot of old concept art pieces that just end up not being used in game. This Twitter header is an example of that and shouldn't be taken as a hint to future content. The location depicted isn't a place that exists or will exist in Pirate101 in the future and ultimately was only used on our header because it looked cool! :) Sorry if there was confusion from its use.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 27, 2017 wrote:
So, here's the thing about concept art . . . there are a lot of old concept art pieces that just end up not being used in game. This Twitter header is an example of that and shouldn't be taken as a hint to future content. The location depicted isn't a place that exists or will exist in Pirate101 in the future and ultimately was only used on our header because it looked cool! :) Sorry if there was confusion from its use.
It is very cool concept art - tell the artist responsible that I'm jealous .
* Sigh * alas for our rampant speculations; maybe KI should consider a disclaimer when releasing concept art during periods of no updates?
( "this is concept art and has no use now or in future updates except to make our site look awesome" )

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 27, 2017 wrote:
I... didn't know.

I'm so sorry for getting such hopes up to all. I was curious about what that place was and thought that was, well, something new we didn't know about before.

My apologies, again, everyone, and thanks for clearing that up, OEJ. It was kinda interesting to see it, though.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Mar 27, 2017 wrote:
I... didn't know.

I'm so sorry for getting such hopes up to all. I was curious about what that place was and thought that was, well, something new we didn't know about before.

My apologies, again, everyone, and thanks for clearing that up, OEJ. It was kinda interesting to see it, though.
Trimond, it's not your fault. Remember my post from February? I mistook the picture of the MooShu Falcon for a Krokotopian mummy case!

The fact is, we're all so antsy for a hint or clue for an update that we're seeing things that aren't there. Still, it was a fun weekend of speculating.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 28, 2017 wrote:
Trimond, it's not your fault. Remember my post from February? I mistook the picture of the MooShu Falcon for a Krokotopian mummy case!

The fact is, we're all so antsy for a hint or clue for an update that we're seeing things that aren't there. Still, it was a fun weekend of speculating.
It's no big deal. Happens to us time to time.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It was fun to speculate, and got me thinking about places I'd like to land and find something to explore. The temples around Catbeard's lair were one of them. I was always intrigued by the stone landings around Catbeard's ship, and the rope and wood pathways hanging along the passage to Smuggler's Cove. It would be neat to run along them and explore what is in the jungles there. New worlds are great, but I also like the idea of exploring new places in the familiar worlds. I like when we have high level quests and find new strong opponents in "low level" worlds. And hey! It might be quicker for KI to program a few new caves and temples, or more dungeons in such places.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Maintaining coolness is a good enough reason for me.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Now, another new cover art appeared, only this time, it's set in Monquista, I think.

Looks like a Monquista fortress, given that the setting is in Monquista. Must be from what's supposed to be planned to expand Monquista.

Still, what do you think?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Apr 20, 2017 wrote:
Now, another new cover art appeared, only this time, it's set in Monquista, I think.

Looks like a Monquista fortress, given that the setting is in Monquista. Must be from what's supposed to be planned to expand Monquista.

Still, what do you think?
It could be concept art for Zenda ( before being finalized in it's current form. )
"Fool me once....."