Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Springtime Pet Hybrids

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
With Spring on the way, I was wondering if morphers have found any hybrids over the past year from the Springtime pets, eggaloon, Polkaloon, marshadillo, or any of the others, either as single parents mixed with non holiday pets, or mixed with another spring pet. I think it would be really interesting to have different holidays' pets create hybrids too, like a winter pet mixed with a spring one to create a hybrid. Like Snowfall fawn X marshadillo = chillydillo maybe or Batikaloon x Noel Claward = Batik Claus

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Calamity Finch on Mar 12, 2017 wrote:
With Spring on the way, I was wondering if morphers have found any hybrids over the past year from the Springtime pets, eggaloon, Polkaloon, marshadillo, or any of the others, either as single parents mixed with non holiday pets, or mixed with another spring pet. I think it would be really interesting to have different holidays' pets create hybrids too, like a winter pet mixed with a spring one to create a hybrid. Like Snowfall fawn X marshadillo = chillydillo maybe or Batikaloon x Noel Claward = Batik Claus
these are some wonderful ideas!

to my knowledge only known springtime hybrids we currently know about are the sundango and flamingo, both produced by springtime yellow or pink marshdillos + a fandango...

a loooong long time ago i had requested a mango-tango be put in (orangish fandago what was i had imagined) but not sure if this request was ever taken seriously or not.. meh ideas arent as amazing as some of yalls, but it WAS 3 years ago, and also with 186 out there, well ya never really know right?

heres to hoping we get lucky and find some new babies soon x raises glass of yum-a-nade x

stormy jen silver

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
So cool, thanks. Guess I need to take My pink marshadillo and go looking for a fandango. Oooh! I know someone with the yellow marshadillo too. Might need to try for that. I like your idea for the Mango-tango, but I love the silly rhyming name. Would be really nice for a pirate with orange colors. I thought of another idea for the Snowfall Fawn/Marshadillo cross, a Marsh Fawn, green and mossy looking with wet plants hanging from antlers.
Anyone know any other holiday pet involved hybrids, for any season? Got an idea for a holiday pet mix hybrid? Fall with Summer? Spring with Fall? The seasonal pets seem extra special, I'd hope there would be some extra special hybrids.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
am loving all your creativity! ty so much for sharing your wonderful ideas :3 marsh fawn is beautiful, and the fandango can be bought in bestia from the egg vendor up the bleachers behind the morphing tent, if you cannot find someone handy in the tent willing to morph theirs to you :) you just made me want a gummy bear pet now xD

stormy jen silver

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Gummy bear pet, nice one. Who would it's parents be?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I just saw the announcement about the new Spring Yeti. Fun! The fur reminds me of yellow cotton candy. I wonder if the Spring Yeti might make a hybrid. If it does, let us all know!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I got my Fandango and I'm training him to adult. After that, I'll take him to the morph tent with my pink marshadillo. Wish me luck, for a flamingo!

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
Calamity Finch on Apr 10, 2017 wrote:
I just saw the announcement about the new Spring Yeti. Fun! The fur reminds me of yellow cotton candy. I wonder if the Spring Yeti might make a hybrid. If it does, let us all know!
I have attempted the Spring Yeti with Autumn yeti, and so far after 10 attempts it has produced no results. I'll continue doing this combo some more.

Still, there are a lot of other pets we could try it with, just that Autumn seemed the most likely. It was literally the first thought when I saw it: to try it with the Autumn Yeti.

Community Leader
Since it's such a bright yellow color, it made me think of the marshadillows. Why not try it with the yellow or the pink?

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
4 pink Marshadillos later, I'm still trying for that Flamango. I managed to get very nice snowfall fawn and ostrich- in-a-pear-tree with good pedigrees that I plan to morph with a bunch of stuff. I'll let you know if I stumble across any hybrids with them.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
My guess is the Spring Yeti does not produce any hybrids, at least not yet. Most of the time, I think pets don't produce hybrids immediately when launched. OK, so the Majestic Ibis did produce at least 2 hybrids upon launch, but the Majestic Ibis is a permanent year round pet whereas the Spring Yeti is a permanent seasonal pet. The Friendship Oni produces no known hybrids, and my guess is that pet doesn't produce any either.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on May 4, 2017 wrote:
4 pink Marshadillos later, I'm still trying for that Flamango. I managed to get very nice snowfall fawn and ostrich- in-a-pear-tree with good pedigrees that I plan to morph with a bunch of stuff. I'll let you know if I stumble across any hybrids with them.
Make that 5 Fandangos now, and a few pink Dillows. It is going so slowly with this. Does it make any difference which pet goes first, in what appearance comes out? When the pink Marshadillow went first, I got those. When the fandango was first I got more of that type. One of the fandango got charming gaze from the marshadillow I was using to morph. At least, I can try with higher pedigree fandango now. How long does it usually take to have a hybrid appear?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I got a Yellow marshadillow after morphing with a friend. Currently been having some computer trouble, unrelated to the recent KI issues. When I get it cleared up, I was wondering if anyone was interesting in morphing for spring pets, either to mix their talents or to acquire one they don't have yet.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
Calamity Finch on Sep 16, 2017 wrote:
I got a Yellow marshadillow after morphing with a friend. Currently been having some computer trouble, unrelated to the recent KI issues. When I get it cleared up, I was wondering if anyone was interesting in morphing for spring pets, either to mix their talents or to acquire one they don't have yet.
I'm interested in getting a new Pink Marshadillow, since I accidentally sold my old one a while back.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Calamity Finch on Jun 22, 2017 wrote:
Make that 5 Fandangos now, and a few pink Dillows. It is going so slowly with this. Does it make any difference which pet goes first, in what appearance comes out? When the pink Marshadillow went first, I got those. When the fandango was first I got more of that type. One of the fandango got charming gaze from the marshadillow I was using to morph. At least, I can try with higher pedigree fandango now. How long does it usually take to have a hybrid appear?
Order makes no difference. You could get that hybrid on the first try, or not get it for dozens. Around 25 or 30 tries seems to be normal. (I can't say for sure since I get disgusted and just morph with Indigo's hybrid to try to get my own after about 10 tries. He has much better luck (or a heck of a lot more patience) than I do.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Sep 19, 2017 wrote:
Order makes no difference. You could get that hybrid on the first try, or not get it for dozens. Around 25 or 30 tries seems to be normal. (I can't say for sure since I get disgusted and just morph with Indigo's hybrid to try to get my own after about 10 tries. He has much better luck (or a heck of a lot more patience) than I do.
I'd suspected this, but one can hope there was a way to increase the chance of getting what you want. I guess that's why there are so many myths about loot drops, too. 25-30 as normal? Wow. I thought it was maybe 10- 15 for a good chance of it. Doesn't help that I've been morphing so slowly.
At least come of my computer's problems are now fixed. I'm still in the lengthy stage of loading new items everywhere I go, furniture/clothes/ pets/crew/ locations, everyone else's gear too. When I port to my house, my mount and hat temporarily vanish. I float in the air and the top of my head is missing. There are some ready to hatch eggs in my house that I can't even see yet.
Kit Kat Kit, do you have a nice fandango? If you do, I'd be happy to morph that with one of the Marshadillows. If not, I'd be happy to try with a pet I don't have yet.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
Calamity Finch on Sep 27, 2017 wrote:
I'd suspected this, but one can hope there was a way to increase the chance of getting what you want. I guess that's why there are so many myths about loot drops, too. 25-30 as normal? Wow. I thought it was maybe 10- 15 for a good chance of it. Doesn't help that I've been morphing so slowly.
At least come of my computer's problems are now fixed. I'm still in the lengthy stage of loading new items everywhere I go, furniture/clothes/ pets/crew/ locations, everyone else's gear too. When I port to my house, my mount and hat temporarily vanish. I float in the air and the top of my head is missing. There are some ready to hatch eggs in my house that I can't even see yet.
Kit Kat Kit, do you have a nice fandango? If you do, I'd be happy to morph that with one of the Marshadillows. If not, I'd be happy to try with a pet I don't have yet.
My fandango is only first gen but I have a lot of other pets, including the Marshadillow hybrids. I'm usually in the tent so if you're there you'll likely see me. Just say my forum name and I'll answer.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I tried looking for Kit Kat Kit, but then the month got busy. I'm still interested in trying for the hybrid pets, but got caught up in searching boxes for the birthday pets.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Calamity Finch on Nov 7, 2017 wrote:
I tried looking for Kit Kat Kit, but then the month got busy. I'm still interested in trying for the hybrid pets, but got caught up in searching boxes for the birthday pets.
o i could pop her a tweet let her know youre looking for her.. atm im in need of bday pets and you needed springtime types? pretty sure i have most some improved some purebred.. either way i can try to be on tomorrow.. currently wrestling with my computer so idk yet.. sigh
stormy jen silver

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Sorry I missed your message. It can be tough to find people in game without already being on friends list, or with a week advance notice to ask, RSVP, and respond to that reply. I'll try to pop in the morph tent a bit more often. Been working on my lowest level pirates, and a lot of people probably don't know them. I've also been trying to park my ship, CR Laughing Rainbow at SI docks, realm Boochbeard, so people can wander into the party room I have aboard. Sometimes my activities, and whim of the team up ledger, switch me back to realm Avery. It's another place you might find me though. You can always ask if the Finch is in there, if you don't recognize me by whatever name I'm using, or if other pirates are in there.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
Calamity Finch on Nov 11, 2017 wrote:
Sorry I missed your message. It can be tough to find people in game without already being on friends list, or with a week advance notice to ask, RSVP, and respond to that reply. I'll try to pop in the morph tent a bit more often. Been working on my lowest level pirates, and a lot of people probably don't know them. I've also been trying to park my ship, CR Laughing Rainbow at SI docks, realm Boochbeard, so people can wander into the party room I have aboard. Sometimes my activities, and whim of the team up ledger, switch me back to realm Avery. It's another place you might find me though. You can always ask if the Finch is in there, if you don't recognize me by whatever name I'm using, or if other pirates are in there.
I'm often available in the tent in Avery realm if you need me. I have been trying to look for you but I can't find you. If you can't find me it's very likely you will find someone who knows me so they can leave me a message.

I've been busy too lately, but now things have calmed down and I should be on more often. I hope to see you soon!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Kit Kat Kit on Nov 13, 2017 wrote:
I'm often available in the tent in Avery realm if you need me. I have been trying to look for you but I can't find you. If you can't find me it's very likely you will find someone who knows me so they can leave me a message.

I've been busy too lately, but now things have calmed down and I should be on more often. I hope to see you soon!
I'll try that realm. I figure we are just missing being there at the same time.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I'm happy to say, I finally found Kit Kat Kit, and we were able to do some morphing. I was able to get my Flamango and Sundango! And I was able to help her get the Pink Marshadillow and a Birthday Chameleon. Cheers Kit Kat Kit!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Spring will be here before we know it. With another holiday pet having a recently found hybrid, the yulecore, from the manticore and green baubleloon, I've been thinking about the possibility Decius may have added some others. I see some possibilities for the pink and yellow marshadillows to try mixing with other pets. Maybe the yellow marsh. and a blue lionfish could make something green? Mixing primary color pets to get secondary color pets would be a cool thing for Decius to do. I also like the idea of being able to mix them with some of the common pet types, resulting in a common shape pet that is a new color, like a pink shark, or a yellow bubblefish.