Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Kane fight very hard need advice plus stories

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 04, 2016
Hello this is going to be a long post so be ready. So I got to the Kane fight yesterday and it is now my favorite fight in the game very fun and challenging battle but I am struggling badly. So to this point I have soloed everything in the game so I tried to solo the dungeon got to Kane and died in 20 seconds welp OK then guess I'll team up so I did and I found one other person a musketeer we got to Kane and got completely destroyed we try again this time we get Kane to immune and kill everyone but one rooke sadly since he is a musketeer all his attacks get deflected and at this point all of our companions died Kane kills me then my partner literally has no way to finish the battle so we die again to this point that was still my closest attempt. I did team up again got a team of 4 but still no luck to this point after several attempts and 20 hours of trying. I am not complaining though i like seeing that there is finally a battle you can lose with 4 people usually it would be literally impossible to lose with 4 the challenge is why i like this battle so much and I am happy I can't just win with minimal or no struggle what so ever but with that being said thank you if you have read to this point any advice is appreciated.

Jack level 70

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
wizard1018715 on Mar 11, 2017 wrote:
Hello this is going to be a long post so be ready. So I got to the Kane fight yesterday and it is now my favorite fight in the game very fun and challenging battle but I am struggling badly. So to this point I have soloed everything in the game so I tried to solo the dungeon got to Kane and died in 20 seconds welp OK then guess I'll team up so I did and I found one other person a musketeer we got to Kane and got completely destroyed we try again this time we get Kane to immune and kill everyone but one rooke sadly since he is a musketeer all his attacks get deflected and at this point all of our companions died Kane kills me then my partner literally has no way to finish the battle so we die again to this point that was still my closest attempt. I did team up again got a team of 4 but still no luck to this point after several attempts and 20 hours of trying. I am not complaining though i like seeing that there is finally a battle you can lose with 4 people usually it would be literally impossible to lose with 4 the challenge is why i like this battle so much and I am happy I can't just win with minimal or no struggle what so ever but with that being said thank you if you have read to this point any advice is appreciated.

Jack level 70
Really? A 4 player team lost to Kane? Amazing!
Ok, now to be serious; as a buccaneer it will be most important to use those shields. Protect Quint ( I'm assuming that he's one of your choices. )
Use companions with Hold the Line, as a buck you have a good choice of these, place them in front to prevent the marines and Queen from reaching more vulnerable companions/team mates.
Don't use shooters ( I don't care how good Bonnie or Chantal is - if they go on a burst fire rampage against Rooke, it'll be a disaster for the whole team. ) The one exception ( when I do this as a musketeer ) I make is Louis or Pepe since they have bombs.
Use doubloons - don't listen to the "myths" of how doubloons lower drop chances.
This is just general advice, as I don't know how you're equipped or who you usually use for the Kane battle.
Or as an alternative, you can ask here for a team to meet you on a certain day to fight Kane.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The first time I ran Kane, it was as a buck and with a privateer friend. We didn't know anything about the fight or how the low level clockworks could turn into queens if they reached the other side. We fought a really good fight, even so, and cleared much of the board before he got us both.

The second time, we did team up and got another privateer in with us. Just after I selected my crew for the final fight, my computer totally locked up! My friend was able to tell me that the game thought I was still connected. I wanted to get back in, but didn't want them to die if I couldn't. My crew was still reacting to attacks, even if they were not doing anything offensive. I waited till my crew was out before I rebooted the computer. The game didn't treat me as a lost connection till I was logging back in. I was in such a hurry to get back, that I hit to port to my friend before I realized I had one health, and I was in the Kane fight. Really wished I'd clicked the life fountain first. But I had a heal up, wasn't near enemies, and had a couple privateers there. I managed to get my health back into the yellow. With me and my fresh crew back, we helped turn the tide in the fight. There were 3 queens in when I returned. The others were working on them. And we got rid of the remaining pawns so they couldn't turn. Right before we got Kane, my friend even castled by reaching the other side. She said she got a movement boost from it. Not an easy fight, but we succeeded. Being careful about what class targeted which enemy was important, like letting the privateers with strong will take out the weak willed queens. We all used boosts. Doubloons were also used, and very helpful. For such a bad start with one player out, it turned out well.
Do people manage to solo this? If so how? It seems like you are just so outnumbered. Are there less enemy if you solo?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Mar 13, 2017 wrote:
The first time I ran Kane, it was as a buck and with a privateer friend. We didn't know anything about the fight or how the low level clockworks could turn into queens if they reached the other side. We fought a really good fight, even so, and cleared much of the board before he got us both.

The second time, we did team up and got another privateer in with us. Just after I selected my crew for the final fight, my computer totally locked up! My friend was able to tell me that the game thought I was still connected. I wanted to get back in, but didn't want them to die if I couldn't. My crew was still reacting to attacks, even if they were not doing anything offensive. I waited till my crew was out before I rebooted the computer. The game didn't treat me as a lost connection till I was logging back in. I was in such a hurry to get back, that I hit to port to my friend before I realized I had one health, and I was in the Kane fight. Really wished I'd clicked the life fountain first. But I had a heal up, wasn't near enemies, and had a couple privateers there. I managed to get my health back into the yellow. With me and my fresh crew back, we helped turn the tide in the fight. There were 3 queens in when I returned. The others were working on them. And we got rid of the remaining pawns so they couldn't turn. Right before we got Kane, my friend even castled by reaching the other side. She said she got a movement boost from it. Not an easy fight, but we succeeded. Being careful about what class targeted which enemy was important, like letting the privateers with strong will take out the weak willed queens. We all used boosts. Doubloons were also used, and very helpful. For such a bad start with one player out, it turned out well.
Do people manage to solo this? If so how? It seems like you are just so outnumbered. Are there less enemy if you solo?
I've soloed it, and it was indeed hard. You actually have less enemies if you solo than in a team instance.
In a solo fight you only get one Rooke, Bishop & Deacon as well as only 2 Marines & Kane with Queen, of course.
Luck & doubloons were a great help. So was hide and using a Companion with a hide.
The movement boost comes from reaching the far side of the board ( where Kane & and his merry crew start. )

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
1. Don't use a full any class team in this battle, that will get you killed instantly
- Using a full witchdoctor team isn't a way to go, the only witchdoctor I believe is worth using is old scratch, as much as i like mormo, he isn't as valued as a few others
2. Get Gracie to level 65+ and use her
- Her Mine can easily counter a lot of movements, including queens, just make sure you get a few of scratch's mojo buffs on her, though.
3. Don't use a musketeer companion
- I say this because they will be useless vs rooke, and it's usually rooke the final characters are on in that fight.
4. Have a damage dealer
- I've used toro in my 4 runs with 3, it's been successful, he can manhandle a lot of the marines, to the point where you don't need to worry about promotions.
This battle isn't too bad, with a group of 4 it shoud be a pushover, with planning, I understand that your a buccaneer, so captain blood's jacket isn't that good for you and all, but I would suggest using it on a witchdoctor or privateer.
About to do valencia part 2 on my swash (currently at dungeon where trolls are, i believe close to the scylla) and I can't wait to deal with all the FS3 people :)

Ensign
Jul 29, 2012
It is possible to solo Kane. Use MooManchu boots for the Wave to freeze movement on first round. Buff with Scratch every round and take Gracie. If you have Blood's coat hope for fires on the second round after a buff from scratch and have Gracie cast her bomb at the same time. Use doubloons liberally and hope for some lucky cards to play. It's not easy but it is possible. My musketeer has had the easiest time with bombs to throw but my buck has done it too. My buckler and witch have not been successful. I won't even try to solo with my privy. Overall I'm 50% successful for eight attempts. By the way, same strategy works for Solo Dreadnaught battle.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Calamity Finch on Mar 13, 2017 wrote:

wow..... that story is crazy!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
I did kane last night, with a lower level friend (you can port in) and his I think max level friend. the first fights were a breeze, but I started to get worried when we got to the kane battle. luckily, zoe (Neville's friend) brought in one of her friends. the kane fight was easy! I lost one companion in the whole dungeon, the marchioness, who, not to be rude to all of you privys, isn't the best for me. I told my friend I was doing a big dungeon, she said good luck. and I got 2 pieces of a good set for privys. I got the hat and boots. I guess saying good luck sometimes pays off! :D I'm crazy, I know.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
wizard1018715 on Mar 11, 2017 wrote:

Jack level 70
kane is fairly easy once you figure out what to do. buccaneers are hard to control during the kane fight (especially with Rooke dealing with everything you have) but here's what I suggest (note I am a musketeer so this may or may not work for you.) you need one ranged unit (I suggest bonnie) to deal with the marines, Queen and maybe Bishop, a melee to deal with anyone except Kane, Rooke, and Queen (Barnabus will work nicely for you but I like using Chun or Catbeard). and an offensive ranged witch to deal with Rooke (if you can afford him buy and use eep-opp-ork-ah-ah. if not then use Scratch. though scratch is less good for offense than the troggy shaman). though another alternative is having a musket in the party drop bombs or use aoe on Rooke (since his trap immunity was taken from him since last encounter and he does not reflect aoe) or to have buckler go hidden then Assassin Strike him (since being hidden does not trigger Overprotective). just be careful with your offense witch that they don't attack Bishop since he has Witch Hunter 2 along with Retribution 2. if you don't have any ranged units in the party to deal with Rooke then have one unit be one space before him then have someone else go up in front them. Overprotective will trigger hurting them but will not knock them back allowing the attack to proceed. also to use doubloons when you need them. Sluggish is a real helpful doubloon. it reduces dodge and negates abilities. (note: Sluggish does not negate Kane's Deadly Frenzy ability. Overprotective idk about yet). one last tip. when Kane goes immune keep clear of him. he will wreck everything near him with Frenzy