Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can Oingo Boingo get the Bosun Budd treatment?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Not exactly an urgent request but you guys might remember when Bosun Budd was given new powers and a promotion a few years ago, I think Oingo Boingo deserves the same, being a crowns only companion at the same price as Goronado it would be interesting to see him as more than a joke companion. maybe give him a power that heals himself back to full health (kinda similar to the Chumba Wumba battle), at least he would have a use in Valencia as a tank

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Friendly Jesse Pew on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
Not exactly an urgent request but you guys might remember when Bosun Budd was given new powers and a promotion a few years ago, I think Oingo Boingo deserves the same, being a crowns only companion at the same price as Goronado it would be interesting to see him as more than a joke companion. maybe give him a power that heals himself back to full health (kinda similar to the Chumba Wumba battle), at least he would have a use in Valencia as a tank
Maybe he should be able to heal himself, but not to full health - 2/3? And only once, otherwise this would be "OP".

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
anecorbie on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
Maybe he should be able to heal himself, but not to full health - 2/3? And only once, otherwise this would be "OP".
Well I guess 2/3 of his max health would be fine, I just felt like with his epic talent choices (Bladestorm, First Strike, Flanking, Second Chance, and Witchhunter) that some drastic measures would be needed

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Friendly Jesse Pew on Feb 14, 2017 wrote:
Well I guess 2/3 of his max health would be fine, I just felt like with his epic talent choices (Bladestorm, First Strike, Flanking, Second Chance, and Witchhunter) that some drastic measures would be needed
agreed, i gave mine first strike 3 and he already came with cheap shot rank one(not a choice to rank it up though) and for his 4th epic gave him witchunter1 which i now regret since he doesnt have any kind of spooky attack himself :/ he can train spooky but no heal either? a bit confusing imo

and since we discussing bosun budd.. gonna remind/beg Ratbeard to allow Bosun Budd's Undead self to train spooky even though he is a buccaneer? his starfish move is awesome yet as a bomb/heal would make way more sense for him to come with naturally spooky if not allowed to choose spooky ranks for him..this tiny twist/adjustment in him would make him very much wanted and viable to all who play, without overly gamechanging or over-competing with story-line main companions..

stormy jen silver