Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Valencia Part 2 Talk-To Quest Bug

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Ahoy my fellow pirates! Stormy Elijah Silver here, max level Swashbuckler. A lot of you might know me or have seen me around. I'm usually farming bosses or helping people for the most part, so if you want a farming buddy, I'm your guy! Well enough about me, on to a rather interesting and quite annoying bug I found concerning Valencia part 2. As some of you have experienced, if you enter a sigil and are forced to do a talk to quest, after talking to the person that you need to talk to, the enemies spawn. That is all good, but the game doesn't give you credit for talking to the person you just talked to! This bug happens a lot. An example of this is the Bob's Not Your Uncle quest, given when your Presidio companion reaches level 67 (I have Gaspard De Vole, I wanted him, he's funny in the storyline). The bug occurs when you have to talk to Scurvy Pete. I talked to Scurvy Pete, but I did not get credit for talking to him. After talking to him, the boss, Ricky Ticky Tabby attacked me and pulled me into combat. After defeating Ricky Ticky Tabby, I had to talk to Scurvy Pete again and this time I got credit for talking to him, however, I had to defeat Ricky Ticky Tabby again for no reason. The same thing happened in the Ulpian Library sigil quest in Florenza. Has anyone else experienced this bug before or am I the only one? Please please please, fix this bug so I don't have to fight an extra wave of enemies for no reason. I barely beat the enemies the first time around, I don't want to fight them a second time. Thanks to all my fellow pirates who read my post and I hope you have an amazing time in Pirate101. Fair sailing, my friends.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver
Level 70 Swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Feb 4, 2017 wrote:
Ahoy my fellow pirates! Stormy Elijah Silver here, max level Swashbuckler. A lot of you might know me or have seen me around. I'm usually farming bosses or helping people for the most part, so if you want a farming buddy, I'm your guy! Well enough about me, on to a rather interesting and quite annoying bug I found concerning Valencia part 2. As some of you have experienced, if you enter a sigil and are forced to do a talk to quest, after talking to the person that you need to talk to, the enemies spawn. That is all good, but the game doesn't give you credit for talking to the person you just talked to! This bug happens a lot. An example of this is the Bob's Not Your Uncle quest, given when your Presidio companion reaches level 67 (I have Gaspard De Vole, I wanted him, he's funny in the storyline). The bug occurs when you have to talk to Scurvy Pete. I talked to Scurvy Pete, but I did not get credit for talking to him. After talking to him, the boss, Ricky Ticky Tabby attacked me and pulled me into combat. After defeating Ricky Ticky Tabby, I had to talk to Scurvy Pete again and this time I got credit for talking to him, however, I had to defeat Ricky Ticky Tabby again for no reason. The same thing happened in the Ulpian Library sigil quest in Florenza. Has anyone else experienced this bug before or am I the only one? Please please please, fix this bug so I don't have to fight an extra wave of enemies for no reason. I barely beat the enemies the first time around, I don't want to fight them a second time. Thanks to all my fellow pirates who read my post and I hope you have an amazing time in Pirate101. Fair sailing, my friends.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver
Level 70 Swashbuckler
It's disturbing that these bugs are still on-going; they were first reported in test realm. Hopefully, it gets taken care of in the next update.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
In both instances, you need to talk to the NPC before you open the treasure chests after the battle. I don't know if that is helpful for you at this point, but for anyone else who hasn't gotten to those quests yet, it's a good thing to remember.

I do hope to see those glitches fixed in an update soon -- please?

Ensign
Nov 07, 2010
Is there anyone who can please help me with the "Bob's Your Uncle" quest with Lucky Jack Russell?

Ensign
Sep 13, 2014
crimsonreaper5 on Feb 4, 2017 wrote:

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver
Level 70 Swashbuckler
I couldn't have said it better! I hate this glitch as you have to do some hard battles 2 times. I hope they fix this.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ChloeAnnToll on Mar 17, 2017 wrote:
Is there anyone who can please help me with the "Bob's Your Uncle" quest with Lucky Jack Russell?
No one can help you with a promotion quest, these are solo efforts only.