Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Guys Bring Pirate101 back alive

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Nightblood1995 on May 1, 2017 wrote:
You clearly misread what I said or only read what you wanted to read with the intent to refute, rather than comprehend. I said nothing about KI being arrogant, I said your comment was arrogant. Meaning you, not the company. Or have we all forgotten that we represent this game as a collective whole? We may not be employed by KI, but we are the 'face' of their games and the types of players Wiz/Pirates draws in.

Since I clearly have to do the math for you: 1 membership = $10. 1 person buying a monthly membership for 1 year = $120. 2 people buying a monthly membership: $240. 3? $360. I fail to see how hard that is to understand. Even for those not paying, who do you think is going to spread word about the game to their family and friends? Many parents are drawn to the games through their children, if you recall this is a family friendly game. So you tell me: where does 'family friendly' come from 'if you can't pay don't play'? (If I have to explain that then my work here is finished).

Clearly, after reading further, you're looking for reasons to snap and hiss rather than have a mature, educational debate. There's a difference between flaunting 'experience' and speaking about 'exposure'. Condenscending would be saying I know everything and you don't, not to mention that'd be flat out arrogant, but if you can't tell the difference between that and someone simply giving credibility then, again, this discussion is anything but productive. I gave detailed examples and researched responses, meanwhile it looks, and sounds, like all you want is a fight. Sorry, but I'd rather spend my time in the Tavern rather than the Brawlin' Hall.
Why do you use a foolish analogy. If you are that strapped for cash that you can only spend $10 a month on the game, why not simply save up and buy a year for half price? It's called 'delayed gratification'.

Or, alternately, buy crowns, and buy play areas one by one. They you get to play them forever! Again, 'delayed gratification'.

Also, what, exactly, is an "Indie Game Developer in-training" and how did you obtain that title? Seems to me that I could decide I wanted to make my own game today and start doing research on how to develop it and I could call myself an Indie Game Developer in-training in less than an hour.

In addition, we're not really talking game development, we are talking game economics. I trust KI to know their business better than an Indie Game Developer in-training.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Max DeGroot on May 3, 2017 wrote:
Why do you use a foolish analogy. If you are that strapped for cash that you can only spend $10 a month on the game, why not simply save up and buy a year for half price? It's called 'delayed gratification'.

Or, alternately, buy crowns, and buy play areas one by one. They you get to play them forever! Again, 'delayed gratification'.

Also, what, exactly, is an "Indie Game Developer in-training" and how did you obtain that title? Seems to me that I could decide I wanted to make my own game today and start doing research on how to develop it and I could call myself an Indie Game Developer in-training in less than an hour.

In addition, we're not really talking game development, we are talking game economics. I trust KI to know their business better than an Indie Game Developer in-training.
Again: look at plenty of P2P games that went F2P and are doing better than before. GW2, Wildstar, practically all of them went F2P because of a dwindling playerbase. WOW all of a sudden they have more players than before and their revenue is booming!

Love how all you've been doing is trying to third-wheel into conversations that weren't even concerning you. Last time I checked, I clearly was talking to Anecorbie but since you're clearly looking for drama, and a fight, I'll humor you.

Why buy a membership for a game you barely know anything about? Like I said, had I not played Wizard101 when I was younger I wouldn't have given this game so much as half a glance. It's called 'proper exposure'. When a game claims to have a F2P starting area, but that starting area isn't even an area and you're slammed with a paywall the second you start playing, the game's credibility and its creators will suffer. That has been proven time and time again by many previous MMOs.

Clearly you didn't read what the entire conversation was about, further proving you're just looking for a fight. Since you missed it: we were talking about those UNABLE (put that in caps so you can't miss it this time) to spend money. Nowhere did I ever say the entire game needed to be F2P, yet you and others seem to be delusionally thinking I did (or at least reacting like I did).

Game Developers have a direct hand in the economics of a game, but of course you wouldn't know that cuz, again, you're just looking to fan the flames on a fire that's already dead. And those 'yar'-ing you are no better.

All prosperous gaming companies were once Indie companies, but again you wouldn't know that. Unless you're a company being parented by another, ANET and Nexon for example, everyone started off on their own. Hence the term 'INDIE' (Individual).

This conversation already ended earlier to begin with, you attempting to reignite it shows what kind of person you are. Instigate all you want, my point's been made and stands.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Max DeGroot on May 3, 2017 wrote:

And for the record: if basic math and common sense is a 'foolish analogy' then so is your entire purpose commenting: foolish. Grow up and learn to quit beating a dead horse kiddo.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
These replies have gone beyond common politeness or courtesy, if anyone here can't respect another's opinion, even if they violently disagree with it; this post is better off closed.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Nightblood1995 on May 3, 2017 wrote:
And for the record: if basic math and common sense is a 'foolish analogy' then so is your entire purpose commenting: foolish. Grow up and learn to quit beating a dead horse kiddo.
But that's just it. It's not basic math.

You are looking at a grocery shelf, and you see that there are canned goods there with a price tag that says "$2.00" and another that says "10/$10". You're putting ten cans in your cart and thinking it costs $20 because 2x10=20, forgetting that when you get 10 you only pay $10.

That's why I called it a false analogy.

And please, you are getting close to an ad hominem with the "grow up" line, especially when I likely am triple your age.