Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Horrible Kane Glitch

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
In my never ending quest to farm Kane's mask my fellow pirates and I have stumbled onto quite an unfortunate glitch against Kane for the last 2 or 3 goes. To put it simply our turn is getting skipped. We click on a companion or two however the game suddenly proceeds to the battle. In another go we didn't even get to click anything. None of us had pressed the done button I believe. This lead to Kane coming near us with his usual deadly frenzy and a couple of companions on Bed rest- something we all truly despised and got extremely irritated at considering how long we have been farming Kane. The fact that this glitch contriubited to Bed rest and a lot of gold makes it all the more worse. And this happened 3 times- that's a lot of gold. On a side note to any one who reads this, on what run did you get Kane's mask? So far it's been 110 goes for me and I am thinking of giving up soon and doing another game unless someone got it in turn 135 at max.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Jan 15, 2017 wrote:
In my never ending quest to farm Kane's mask my fellow pirates and I have stumbled onto quite an unfortunate glitch against Kane for the last 2 or 3 goes. To put it simply our turn is getting skipped. We click on a companion or two however the game suddenly proceeds to the battle. In another go we didn't even get to click anything. None of us had pressed the done button I believe. This lead to Kane coming near us with his usual deadly frenzy and a couple of companions on Bed rest- something we all truly despised and got extremely irritated at considering how long we have been farming Kane. The fact that this glitch contriubited to Bed rest and a lot of gold makes it all the more worse. And this happened 3 times- that's a lot of gold. On a side note to any one who reads this, on what run did you get Kane's mask? So far it's been 110 goes for me and I am thinking of giving up soon and doing another game unless someone got it in turn 135 at max.
This happens when one of the team up has that "speed engine" cheat active. I wish KI could find a way to block this annoying hack!
Drops are random, Golden Guardian, I've talked to players who got it the first time fighting Kane, then there are those who got it much later.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 15, 2017 wrote:
This happens when one of the team up has that "speed engine" cheat active. I wish KI could find a way to block this annoying hack!
Drops are random, Golden Guardian, I've talked to players who got it the first time fighting Kane, then there are those who got it much later.
I don't think we had a Minotaur or any other speedy device on, save fast combat. There was no dramatic increase in speed so I don't believe a cheat engine was also being used. This seems like a new glitch. The glitch did not happen in today's run though thankfully. In regards to drops I got a little bit of hope in my quest to farm that dreaded mask as I got two buccaneer steeds in a row! My friends and I feel Kane's mask will indeed drop very very soon thanks to our little bit of luck today.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Jan 16, 2017 wrote:
I don't think we had a Minotaur or any other speedy device on, save fast combat. There was no dramatic increase in speed so I don't believe a cheat engine was also being used. This seems like a new glitch. The glitch did not happen in today's run though thankfully. In regards to drops I got a little bit of hope in my quest to farm that dreaded mask as I got two buccaneer steeds in a row! My friends and I feel Kane's mask will indeed drop very very soon thanks to our little bit of luck today.
How to tell if a team mate is using "speed engine":
They're able to skip the intro dialogue in the Great Machine.
Chests drop during the last part of battle before other companions completely defeat the enemy.
Skipping of turns for the other team members.
This is entirely different from the speeded up "fast play" caused by a summoned Minotaur.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 16, 2017 wrote:
How to tell if a team mate is using "speed engine":
They're able to skip the intro dialogue in the Great Machine.
Chests drop during the last part of battle before other companions completely defeat the enemy.
Skipping of turns for the other team members.
This is entirely different from the speeded up "fast play" caused by a summoned Minotaur.
Ah this actually helped me realize something. "Chests drop during the last part of battle before other companions completely defeat the enemy." No wonder that happens a lot when I do Moo Manchu runs. Thanks!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
HELLOOO there GG...great to see/hear from you again.

I haven't been active on the boards/in-game lately, due to the rigorous, humorous, festivus & swamped-edness nature of life these days. But I did take some time to peruse the boards last night & it was a great surprise seeing our "old" friend,from afar return-- so welcome back! I'll still be scarce to read, post & play (at least for a bit), but I wanted to at least say "Hello!".

Before I go, I'll offer up any advice I can on the subject of our pirates' dear, sweet ol' Chess Compadre, Kane, & his Cozy Cohorts.

As for Kane's Mask...well Valkoor first received the Mask around run 20 as a legit drop from the after-battle chests. I was solo & in fact, in my 100+ solo defeats of Kane I think I received his Mask 8-10 times-- with half coming from the victory chests & the other half coming from Ebay...er, I mean Kane's SCC. Keep in mind, all of mine came from solo victories. Since I only took on that Tyrannical Tinkerer solo, I never had the opportunity to experience the dastardly folks using speed engines.

Also, I noticed that you had a couple of helpful tips on another post, regarding battling Kane. If I may, I'll offer up a few of my own, via a link to a "guide" that I posted as I frolicked with that Formidable Fudderwacker (he likes to dance) on my quest to earn the Bane of Kane 100% solo. Here's the link.

Now, it's a "guide" tailored towards easily soloing Kane as a Buccaneer, but many of the strategies & tips can be used by any class-- just more so by a melee class. If your goal is to rapidly solo Kane in hopes of prying his mask from his clutches...solo can be a great way to go. After the first 30-40 runs, I had it down to a full, solo run taking about 25-35 minutes & in almost half of my 100+ solo runs, I lost 1 or fewer companions-- a few dozen coming with 0 crew losses & all without using any henchmen/henchwomen (did use some in the 1st 20, solo runs).

Anyways...good luck & welcome back, my far away friend!

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 17, 2017 wrote:
HELLOOO there GG...great to see/hear from you again.

I haven't been active on the boards/in-game lately, due to the rigorous, humorous, festivus & swamped-edness nature of life these days. But I did take some time to peruse the boards last night & it was a great surprise seeing our "old" friend,from afar return-- so welcome back! I'll still be scarce to read, post & play (at least for a bit), but I wanted to at least say "Hello!".

Before I go, I'll offer up any advice I can on the subject of our pirates' dear, sweet ol' Chess Compadre, Kane, & his Cozy Cohorts.

As for Kane's Mask...well Valkoor first received the Mask around run 20 as a legit drop from the after-battle chests. I was solo & in fact, in my 100+ solo defeats of Kane I think I received his Mask 8-10 times-- with half coming from the victory chests & the other half coming from Ebay...er, I mean Kane's SCC. Keep in mind, all of mine came from solo victories. Since I only took on that Tyrannical Tinkerer solo, I never had the opportunity to experience the dastardly folks using speed engines.

Also, I noticed that you had a couple of helpful tips on another post, regarding battling Kane. If I may, I'll offer up a few of my own, via a link to a "guide" that I posted as I frolicked with that Formidable Fudderwacker (he likes to dance) on my quest to earn the Bane of Kane 100% solo. Here's the link.

Now, it's a "guide" tailored towards easily soloing Kane as a Buccaneer, but many of the strategies & tips can be used by any class-- just more so by a melee class. If your goal is to rapidly solo Kane in hopes of prying his mask from his clutches...solo can be a great way to go. After the first 30-40 runs, I had it down to a full, solo run taking about 25-35 minutes & in almost half of my 100+ solo runs, I lost 1 or fewer companions-- a few dozen coming with 0 crew losses & all without using any henchmen/henchwomen (did use some in the 1st 20, solo runs).

Anyways...good luck & welcome back, my far away friend!
Hello Valkoor nice to see you again . Hope things are going good for you. I have read your melee guide and I amazed at the similarity of bucks and bucklers when attempting to do Kane solo, as well as learning some new knowledge.

Today I almost had no companions dying for the first time- unfortunately fan became absolutely useless after buffs ran out and Rooke destroyed her. Today it truly hit me, despite being aware of it for quite a while, that rawwise (that is with no buffs) the enemy is far stronger than you. When fan and toro's buff ran out they were truly useless. They hit nothing, however the enemy always blocked and the enemy never misses. Buffs are needed to survive. In regards to farming Kane I am willing to stick to what Anercorbie has said- that nothing influences drop rates (yes I am still very skeptical of this and probably always will be). Whilst you have recieved many drops solo I do not think that going solo is necessarily the key to increasing the drop rate for Kane's mask, rather nothing increases it nor decreases it. I sometimes do wish the drop rate increases with the work put in, for I have reached 130 runs and alas still no Kane's Mask . At this rate I expect to that the mask will drop at around my 800th or 900th go, or perhaps the 1000th. I say this because my friend tallied all his runs attempts of getting Phule's wand and they reached the 1000s (it was 2 years of consistent farming, 2 whole years!). He may have exaggerated but I do know that dungeon is very small and a friend of mine did 50 runs of it in one day, so it is possible he did 1000 runs. I myself have tallied the amount of Kane runs since my Bane of Kane badge so I know the exact amount I have done so far. I usually try 5 runs a day although I have crossed 10 once.

Although I can solo Kane I would do it with friends. Better a few people get the mask then just one! More masks more pirates satisfied with the work they put in, not as an individual- but as a team. Fair Sailing!

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I would also like to report that this glitch happened again. I will ask my friends if one of them is using a speed engine and tell them it messes up gameplay. I do not believe a Minotaur caused this or my friends are using a speed engine. However I did notice something strange. Today I was Player 1. When Player 1 pressed done it was as if he pressed it for the whole team! When I pressed done, the game instantly began. Only 1 pirate selected his series of moves before I did, his turn went normal. However other pirates could not choose. I usually set all of my moves in 7-10 seconds cause I work fast. The same thing happened when a friend of mine was Player 1. My explanation is merely the average hypothesis, but it results in the outcome- pirates are not getting to complete their turns, and pirates are getting irritated that they can't run away from Kane since he is close, and pirates are getting vexed at visiting MoneyMugger Mitch who loves this glitch. That is his new name from now on until this glitch is fixed. MoneyMugger Mitch I love it .

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I dont use the speed engine. I skip the first dialogue by exiting to character select screen and reentering. When you run it over a hundred times its a nice trick.