Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why Do Sawshbucklers Complain?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 23, 2011
= Buccaneers
= Swashbucklers
So, I've heard a lot of swashbucklers complaining recently and I don't understand why...

1. They've been complaining that they don't get vengeance strike and that don't deserve it because they're supposed to be ' tanks ' The reason have vengeance strike is because we practically rely on it to deal any damage. Just because we are tanks doesn't mean we shouldn't deal any damage! When we're soloing, we rely on vengeance strike to deal damage to the enemy so we can actually defeat them. We would be very under powered without it. are fine because they already have the ability to deal damage to the enemy easily and don't really have a dying problem because they can dodge almost anything that comes to them.

2. They also are saying that they need heavy armour and it's not fair that they don't get it. Maybe it is, but I don't really think they need it. Light armour has already got all the things require. They say that light armour doesn't give them enough but if are supposed to be tanks and shouldn't have vengeance strike then shouldn't you guys be damage dealers and not need any heavy armour ...

Disclaimer: I do not dislike any that think this and I am not trying to offend anyone! If you have a different opinion or agree with me, please post it. I think anyone is entitled to their own opinion, and so are you! I'm not saying that the that said this opinion's are wrong. I'm just voicing my opinion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
PandaBubs101 on Jan 10, 2017 wrote:
= Buccaneers
= Swashbucklers
So, I've heard a lot of swashbucklers complaining recently and I don't understand why...

1. They've been complaining that they don't get vengeance strike and that don't deserve it because they're supposed to be ' tanks ' The reason have vengeance strike is because we practically rely on it to deal any damage. Just because we are tanks doesn't mean we shouldn't deal any damage! When we're soloing, we rely on vengeance strike to deal damage to the enemy so we can actually defeat them. We would be very under powered without it. are fine because they already have the ability to deal damage to the enemy easily and don't really have a dying problem because they can dodge almost anything that comes to them.

2. They also are saying that they need heavy armour and it's not fair that they don't get it. Maybe it is, but I don't really think they need it. Light armour has already got all the things require. They say that light armour doesn't give them enough but if are supposed to be tanks and shouldn't have vengeance strike then shouldn't you guys be damage dealers and not need any heavy armour ...

Disclaimer: I do not dislike any that think this and I am not trying to offend anyone! If you have a different opinion or agree with me, please post it. I think anyone is entitled to their own opinion, and so are you! I'm not saying that the that said this opinion's are wrong. I'm just voicing my opinion.
I wonder just who you have been talking to that you make this sweeping, generalized statement; I wouldn't want Vengeance Strike. What? Allow myself to get hit? I'd rather Dodge and Riposte the Buccaneer who tries to hit me.

Heavy Armor, no thanks, my class depends on speed and agility.
PandaBubs, you are absolutely right about the reasons why Bucks have that Armor and Vengeance Strike, but please don't class all Bucklers based on a few idiotic complainers who probably just want that chance at a "stun" that comes with a Buck's strike.

Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
Well said. All classes complain about this or that, but for me i mostly hear swashies asking to be even more op.
Every class has special powers and talents, you arent entitled to them just because "you deserve them"
i dont mean to degrade those who believe this but, really? those are OUR things not yours. sorry but you can't have them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Wizardguy8787 on Jan 10, 2017 wrote:
Well said. All classes complain about this or that, but for me i mostly hear swashies asking to be even more op.
Every class has special powers and talents, you arent entitled to them just because "you deserve them"
i dont mean to degrade those who believe this but, really? those are OUR things not yours. sorry but you can't have them.
I feel the same way about Riposte and First Strike, yet there are weapons and pets that now grant these talents, excuse me, but why can you get that? Those are MINE!
Ooh, BTW, I've seen a pet that grants Vengeance Strike,

And we're not OP, everyone knows who the real OP class is ......

Ensign
Nov 23, 2011
anecorbie on Jan 10, 2017 wrote:
I wonder just who you have been talking to that you make this sweeping, generalized statement; I wouldn't want Vengeance Strike. What? Allow myself to get hit? I'd rather Dodge and Riposte the Buccaneer who tries to hit me.

Heavy Armor, no thanks, my class depends on speed and agility.
PandaBubs, you are absolutely right about the reasons why Bucks have that Armor and Vengeance Strike, but please don't class all Bucklers based on a few idiotic complainers who probably just want that chance at a "stun" that comes with a Buck's strike.
I agree! And sorry yes, I forgot to mention that this isn't all swashbuckler. Sorry about that!

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
100% agree with you while at the same time I know a lot of witch doctors who are upset that they didn't get the level 70 privateer abilitie saying they should of gotten it while we ( privateers) get mojo burn

Now it just seems like every class wants a all the plus sides from other schools but none of the negatives

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
PandaBubs101 on Jan 10, 2017 wrote:
= Buccaneers
= Swashbucklers

I've never heard anyone complain about that I do wish sometimes some of the other classes talent could be trained like blade storm or that one heals over time but it's there talent everyone should be great full for what they have every pirate has a special talent if they didn't there wouldn't be a need for classes then would there

Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 11, 2017 wrote:
I feel the same way about Riposte and First Strike, yet there are weapons and pets that now grant these talents, excuse me, but why can you get that? Those are MINE!

Yes, but i am talking about the people that want to be able to train these things, which i think should not be possible. if you want to sacrifice stats to get bladestorm 2 then be my guest. but if you want bladestorm 3
without sacrificing anything then i have an issue.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Never made those complaints, so I can't answer your question.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
silver swordcoral on Jan 11, 2017 wrote:
I've never heard anyone complain about that I do wish sometimes some of the other classes talent could be trained like blade storm or that one heals over time but it's there talent everyone should be great full for what they have every pirate has a special talent if they didn't there wouldn't be a need for classes then would there
You can get gear or a pet that grants bladestorm and group heals as well as HoTs ( moo gear has this ). There is too much "blending" of talents now.
There should be some talents that are strictly class related.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 11, 2017 wrote:

What is the OP class?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
I don't know why some buckers complain about nit having vengeance strike either. Just go to the Lost hoplite hidden trainer and for one practice point you can get vengeance strike.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate101 fan on Jan 12, 2017 wrote:
I don't know why some buckers complain about nit having vengeance strike either. Just go to the Lost hoplite hidden trainer and for one practice point you can get vengeance strike.
I've also seen some bucklers training Cheap Shot & Flanking ( as well as equipping gear that gives them Flanking. )
Then they complain in PVE when those talents activate and they lose their "hide".
And in PVP when I see that they have these talents, I can use that to remove their hide with my FS3 team.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Pirate101 fan on Jan 12, 2017 wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, vengeance strike can't be purchased from the clandestine trainer, and for that matter, can't be trained by any class but buccaneers.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Marleybone073 on Jan 13, 2017 wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, vengeance strike can't be purchased from the clandestine trainer, and for that matter, can't be trained by any class but buccaneers.
He may have been thinking about the "relentless" talent.