Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Avernus really gave me a fright!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I thought I would share with you guys a little story, and its experiences like these which make P101 so much better

I was going to go to Aquila via the Monquista stormgate there and it was my second time doing this, so I entered a stormgate and waited the short ride during the spiral thread, but I had taken a worng turn and ended up in Avernus skyway! The sudden horryifying music and scenery made me jump and I even cursed out of complete shock, my first thought was "What happened to Aquila!"

If you guys have been caught offgaurd by the skyway, put that below!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
That happens when you set your ship on "auto-pilot"!

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 9, 2017 wrote:
I thought I would share with you guys a little story, and its experiences like these which make P101 so much better

I was going to go to Aquila via the Monquista stormgate there and it was my second time doing this, so I entered a stormgate and waited the short ride during the spiral thread, but I had taken a worng turn and ended up in Avernus skyway! The sudden horryifying music and scenery made me jump and I even cursed out of complete shock, my first thought was "What happened to Aquila!"

If you guys have been caught offgaurd by the skyway, put that below!
Well, can't say that's ever happened to me as I always try to avoid sailing, and use the transportalers instead. But, I imagine it would give you quite a fright to be expecting the bright, blue skies of Aquila and instead find the demonic world of Avernus.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Avernus really needs to be more than just a red background with some dragons. I think they should add at least one island with a jail or torture chamber because it's supposed to be hell.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Pirate101 fan on Jan 9, 2017 wrote:
Avernus really needs to be more than just a red background with some dragons. I think they should add at least one island with a jail or torture chamber because it's supposed to be hell.
Altough it gives off a feeling of hell its based off of Dragonspyre in W101, just a quick google images search will show you pictures of Dragonspyre

The idea in Pirate is that it is supposed to be another way to achieve the impossible, Avernus skyway is so hostile that nations with stormgates to the barren land don't expect anyone to be going in or out

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Haha, this kind of stuff actually happens to me quite often IRL. I'll be traveling to a certain room and then my "mental auto-pilot" kicks in.

I wish we did more in Avernus skyway. It's always been an area that's stuck out to me. No surprise that it caught you off guard ... I'm just happy you made it out alive. ;)

~Virtuous Vanessa

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Something like this happens to me every time I want to go to the Bazaar.

Instead, I would head straight into the tavern... That "mental auto-pilot" gets me every time.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Hoodoo Mistress on Jan 10, 2017 wrote:
Something like this happens to me every time I want to go to the Bazaar.

Instead, I would head straight into the tavern... That "mental auto-pilot" gets me every time.
Haha yes that is also a very common error of mine too, I do wish the two buildings were placed further away from each other, maybe the bazaar could be on the opposite side of the tavern where all the other shops are for consistency?