Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Get Yer Scrip fer the New Year!

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've always wanted to host an event for players of Pirate101, so here is what I plan: I will be logged on from Friday, January 6th, 8:00 pm central time, until Sunday morning, January 8th, 8:00 am central time.
Realm: Vadima
I will have my Smuggler's Arena set up in my ship "The Laughing Mermaid".
For those who have never done a Smuggler's Arena:
Select "Challenge Match".
There are 10 massively difficult battles representing the worlds of Skull Island, Cool Ranch, MooShu, Marleybone & Aquila.
The Arena will adjust to the level of the highest pirate entering the arena. ( Be warned, some enemies will be 1 - 5 levels above your level. )
There are no breaks for healing; however, if you're quick, during the times Scriptop is speaking you may use a mojo potion.
Companions who are defeated will be on "bed rest".
If you've been looking for a way to get a large amount of scrip in one go, now's your chance. So come and get yer scrip!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
anecorbie on Dec 31, 2016 wrote:
I've always wanted to host an event for players of Pirate101, so here is what I plan: I will be logged on from Friday, January 6th, 8:00 pm central time, until Sunday morning, January 8th, 8:00 am central time.
There are 10 massively difficult battles representing the worlds of Skull Island, Cool Ranch, MooShu, Marleybone & Aquila.
The Arena will adjust to the level of the highest pirate entering the arena. ( Be warned, some enemies will be 1 - 5 levels above your level. )
There are no breaks for healing; however, if you're quick, during the times Scriptop is speaking you may use a mojo potion.
If you've been looking for a way to get a large amount of scrip in one go, now's your chance. So come and get yer scrip!
hello, is this just for high levels or any levels? because I wanna buy some stuff with scrip but I can never get enough, if just for high levels, that's fine, if not, then woo hoo! lol.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
thedragonpirate245... on Dec 31, 2016 wrote:
hello, is this just for high levels or any levels? because I wanna buy some stuff with scrip but I can never get enough, if just for high levels, that's fine, if not, then woo hoo! lol.
The Arena adjusts to your level, if you have friends at your level who want to go in, that will be ok.
Enjoy the Pit of Death! Oops, I mean this fun challenge!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Count me in Fair Lass yarrrrr.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
One question,

It says Friday, Jan 6th, 8:00 pm central time, until Sunday morning, Jan 8th, 8:00 am central time. Does that mean it will last the complete time? So I could come in 4:00 central on Saturday? Or just 8:00 pm central on Friday and 8:00 am central on Sunday?

~ Darling Brittany Neels

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Sounds cool but how do we know which ship is yours if there are multiple ships docked there. Could you perhaps describe your flag?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
If your going to be on that whole time then yes I will join in!

Its hard making arrangements from the other side of the world

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
Captain
Apr 24, 2016
The Arena adjusts to your level, if you have friends at your level who want to go in, that will be ok.
Enjoy the Pit of Death! Oops, I mean this fun challenge!
then count me in as well pirate! har har har!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Mythali126 on Jan 1, 2017 wrote:
One question,

It says Friday, Jan 6th, 8:00 pm central time, until Sunday morning, Jan 8th, 8:00 am central time. Does that mean it will last the complete time? So I could come in 4:00 central on Saturday? Or just 8:00 pm central on Friday and 8:00 am central on Sunday?

~ Darling Brittany Neels
I will be logged on the whole time "wizard spinning" so I won't be kicked off for lack of activity. Come at anytime during the 36 hours. ( Of course 8:00 am Sunday is when I log off, so don't go in the Arena at 7:58 am, I don't know what happens to players in the Arena when I log off. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 1, 2017 wrote:
Sounds cool but how do we know which ship is yours if there are multiple ships docked there. Could you perhaps describe your flag?
My ship is "The Laughing Mermaid", it's a Spiral Galleon ( pirate origin ) colors are olive green and cyan ( light blue-green ), I have the mermaid on my flag. I will also be on deck ( spinning ) my pirate's name is Esperanza Devereaux.
Everyone is welcome!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If I get good feed back from this I'll repeat it for Chinese New Year!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
WOW Pulling an all nighter to get scrip to our beloved Message Board Marauders. Such an act of dedication and love for her fellow players. Well DONE *Raises a glass of Yum to toast the heart and hard work of our dear Anecorbie.

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
What a cool idea! I have Smuggler's and I've never thought to set it up as a farming area for others. I just use it if someone happens to ask if I have it and we get a group together.

Y'all are so creative.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 1, 2017 wrote:
Her ship is called The Laughing Mermaid. That should narrow it down somewhat, since you do see the names of the ships as you approach their flags. Besides, it should be easy enough to jump aboard a ship, see there is no arena in the cabin, and jump off again.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 2, 2017 wrote:
WOW Pulling an all nighter to get scrip to our beloved Message Board Marauders. Such an act of dedication and love for her fellow players. Well DONE *Raises a glass of Yum to toast the heart and hard work of our dear Anecorbie.
I'm not so dedicated, I looove sleep too much to go with out it. I'll be "spinning", however, I may peek in and see what's going on now & then.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Anecorbie, If you log on at the starting time you mentioned, I will be able to be there when you log on from my time zone

Shall we run through smugglers together and make acquaintanceship?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 3, 2017 wrote:
Anecorbie, If you log on at the starting time you mentioned, I will be able to be there when you log on from my time zone

Shall we run through smugglers together and make acquaintanceship?
I would love to add you to my list; however, due to how the Arena acts on exiting, I won't be joining anyone for a run.
When you exit the Arena, you're automatically sent to Avery's Court and the realm changes to Avery. This may interfere with others entering the Arena.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 2, 2017 wrote:
I will be logged on the whole time "wizard spinning" so I won't be kicked off for lack of activity. Come at anytime during the 36 hours. ( Of course 8:00 am Sunday is when I log off, so don't go in the Arena at 7:58 am, I don't know what happens to players in the Arena when I log off. )
Anecorbie,
Thank you for this chance to increase our Scrip.

Be warned: there is a 12 to 14 hour automatic logout which can happen even if you are moving. What I'm referring to is getting kicked off after being on for 12 to 14 hours even if you are moving. As far as I know, this problem still exists. Good Luck with this 36 hour marathon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Helpful Pirate on Jan 5, 2017 wrote:
Anecorbie,
Thank you for this chance to increase our Scrip.

Be warned: there is a 12 to 14 hour automatic logout which can happen even if you are moving. What I'm referring to is getting kicked off after being on for 12 to 14 hours even if you are moving. As far as I know, this problem still exists. Good Luck with this 36 hour marathon.
Thank you for telling me that; it would have been embarrassing to promise a 36 hr scrip event then be kicked off while I'm asleep
I'll make sure to "check in" every 8 hrs.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I forgot to mention: this is a gauntlet, so no one will be able to port to you, nor can you port out, heal, then return.
As Scriptop says " No fancy Life Fountains in here; you'll fight each fight & every fight until you walk out or get carried out in six pieces."
I have tried to solo it - my best effort only got me half way through. I've also duoed it, but both players must be really good and well equipped. ( Or be a Privateer. )
My opinion, you'll need at least 3 people ( a full team is ideal ) to complete the Arena.
If you want to do more than one run, there is a cool down of 2 hours.

Ensign
Apr 29, 2014
Thanks for doing this I'll make sure to show up and will try my best! Any more advice for this area?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 4, 2017 wrote:
I would love to add you to my list; however, due to how the Arena acts on exiting, I won't be joining anyone for a run.
When you exit the Arena, you're automatically sent to Avery's Court and the realm changes to Avery. This may interfere with others entering the Arena.
Ok, it will be nice to meet you outside of the arena

I don't want you to join up and ruin your promise to others

To everyone that will be on at the start of this event, I will be there

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Sounds like it was a ton of fun I forgot the date and got on to late to farm but thanks for the fun anecorbie

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
silver swordcoral on Jan 8, 2017 wrote:
Sounds like it was a ton of fun I forgot the date and got on to late to farm but thanks for the fun anecorbie
I hope that I'll be doing it again for Chinese New Year!
Unfortunately, I did have a couple of times where I lost connection to the game ( but I logged back on as soon as it happened ). If this caused anyone to lose their Arena run, I'm very sorry!