Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Full-on Combat

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 24, 2013
I like Pirate101. I also play Wizard101. I understand the turn-based combat of Wizard. Pirate, not so much. It is complicated, at best, imo. And a real turn-off for me.

I would love to see Pirate101 as a free-style combat game ( as pirates would normally fight ;) ). A full-on, strike-at-will, last-man-standing-wins style rather than this grid system. It might attract more folks to the game as well. I know I would certainly play it more often. Spend some crowns even!

Have a nice day!
:D

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
wolfww1217 on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
I like Pirate101. I also play Wizard101. I understand the turn-based combat of Wizard. Pirate, not so much. It is complicated, at best, imo. And a real turn-off for me.

I would love to see Pirate101 as a free-style combat game ( as pirates would normally fight ;) ). A full-on, strike-at-will, last-man-standing-wins style rather than this grid system. It might attract more folks to the game as well. I know I would certainly play it more often. Spend some crowns even!

Have a nice day!
:D
Welcome to the message boards, wolfww1217! That is certainly an interesting proposal. I have played MMO using that style, it makes a fast battle. Such a change as you suggest would halt any development of P101 and KI would then have to redesign the game from the ground up. None of us would want that.
We do use turns in P101 and the battle is more like a chess game where you are choosing your moves and moving your pieces. It's more heavy on the strategy side of a battle game.

Ensign
Jun 24, 2013
Got it! Thanks! Getting a little better at it as time goes by but not very good at chess either